What is your WHY??

Options
wattswarming
wattswarming Posts: 9 Member
So I was at a Leadership Retreat in Mexico in January for Scentsy. I knew I'd gained weight but when I got back home and saw the pictures of myself I was disgusted with what I saw. Since I earned a FREE all expense paid trip for myself and my hubby to Punta Cana this coming June I decided to be sexy by the time we go. :wink: I've got 9 lbs to go and I'm expecting to have a very romantic trip!!! :blushing:
Why are you here at myfitnesspal?

Replies

• EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    To feel hot. I want to comfortable and confidently walk around my house in the nude.
  • Evarell
    Evarell Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Long term-- Of course, I'd like to look better, but my main motivation is health and mobility. I watched both my parents decline and. . . long story short, I want to be able to move around, take care of myself, and be active in the world until the day I die.

Short term-- Currently, I am motivating myself with the idea of all the pictures/ video that will be taken at my son's wedding next year. I can usually counter cravings by thinking "mother-of-the-groom dress!" :smile:
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    To see the person I am inside.

I think that i could be SO DAMN beautiful.
  • trababes1971
    trababes1971 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Im here to get rid of this excess weight which i let creep up on me. Wearing leggings and jumpers over the winter etc, i just didnt realise the amount i had gained. I feel i need to record everything i eat so i can keep control of my bad habits lol, and i want to be sexy always for my hubby. :happy:
  • myers0machine
    Options
    to keep an eye on my macros ahah simple but am choosing fitness not just for a heather body but for a healthier mind n soul to was a bit of a *kitten* in my younger years but found something i enjoy plus keeps me away from the naughty thinks so to speak but i guess the main reason i am gettin fitter is to make my granddad proud i was a bit of a chubby small kid he died i began the same day i found out now every time i workout i feel closer to him silly as it is but hey you asked aha plus women like fitter men thats always a plus side
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    To be able to run my teenagers down and smack them instead of puffing after them while they cackle uncontrollably
  • regina2063
    regina2063 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    To stop my FAT from shaking....ha ha:laugh:
  • 10KEyes
    10KEyes Posts: 250 Member
    Options

Because they have a good food journal and a kick-*kitten* Android app for tracking everything. I am losing weight. I enjoy the forums too.
  • wattswarming
    wattswarming Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    lol I can so relate to many of you!! Except for being hot... that probably isn't in my future although I had my moment before I had 4 kids!!
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    It doesn't have a lot to do with the way I look...
    BUT...

I die when I'm going up a set of stairs and in all seriousness, if an apocalypse happens, I'd like to be able to take care of myself.
  • MargotAllen
    Options
    Because I hate myself. I even hate my face, so if I at least have a decent body, I don't have to be 100% ugly. My mother was always around 400lbs and died from it at age 48 (blood clots). I gained weight after having my daughter at age 20. I was depressed, and just didn't care about myself enough to see what I was doing to myself when I was eating for comfort or to reward myself for my life sucking. (not because of my daughter. other stuff)

So now I'm 34, I've wasted the last 14 years of my life being out of shape, and even ballooning up to 210lbs. I've decided I need to get my body under control and take back my life. I've lost 50 lbs over the past year by myself without a gym membership or surgery. I've just been exercising, and watching what I eat, counting calories etc. I have another 30 to go to get to my goal weight.

I wanna be a better example for my daughter. And I have a wonderful boyfriend who has been talking about wanting to marry me in October. So I think I owe it to both of them and myself to take better care of myself and be happier with how I look. Those are my reasons why. :drinker:
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    1st and formost b/c i am going back to college so i can get a job ( been a home maker since Oct 1999 and im ready to go back to work ..

i know at 300 pounds i wont be able to function as great as i would like too ..

also i want to buy clothes i like not just what fits
    i want to be healthy etc
    --

and to the person that wants to run around naked .. go for it
    i am naked all the time ( its just me and hubby and he isn't complaining) it feels nice not to be restricted my clothing :bigsmile:
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options

To be the healthiest I can be. And my awesome group of friends!
  • Arrica
    Arrica Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I am here because I do better when I have support and the resources I need at my fingertips. I love the success stories; they motivate me. I love looking for new ideas for food and recipes. I love being able to draw from other people's wisdom about weightloss and the best way to acheive it.

Personally...I don't want to be the fat mom at the pool this summer. I want to be the milf!!!! :laugh:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    passes the time
  • anabell31
    anabell31 Posts: 268
    Options
    It doesn't have a lot to do with the way I look...
    BUT...

I die when I'm going up a set of stairs and in all seriousness, if an apocalypse happens, I'd like to be able to take care of myself.

I am SO GLAD I'm not the only one preparing for the apocalypse XD
  • childofArtemis24
    Options
    I am here at my fitness pal, to feel better about myself. I fluctuate weight , Just like my mom. So gaining weight is very easy for me.

It is loosing weight that is hard. When I graduated high school, i was very fit and had abs, and I would like to get that back.

I would also like to look sexier for my husband.
  • 44by44th
    44by44th Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it for me, because I know I SHOULD, and because I know I CAN. Now I'm out to prove it to myself, and no one else.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    My life is a roller coaster of awfulness. I had to do something to improve it.
  • MUByM
    MUByM Posts: 208
    Options
    Because I have been big all of my life and I have never had any confidence in myself. I have a son now and I want to be healthy and help him to grow up healthy. I don't want him to go through what I went through. Also for my husband. He says he loves me and this and that but I know deep down he wishes I was different. He likes my face and booty though. Lol