What is your WHY??

Options

Replies

• Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I've maintained a pretty constant weight over my adult life, mainly by watching food and exercising. Generally give or take a few pounds I'm happy with my body. but I've been doing It for so long I'm frightened to stop in case I completely loose control.
    Using MFP helps me monitor what I'm doing and makes me think twice when I crave chocolate or think about skipping a work out!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,699 Member
    Options
    To cause havoc and dispell the misinformation that gets spread by anecdotes and myths of fitness past. It's fun to do it too.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I'm a sucker for online communities. Especially ones with so many fellow runners. Can you say addiction? I can.
  • 010Elle010
    010Elle010 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    To be happier with myself and more confident. Also, I'm hitting 30 next year and I want to get everything under control by then, I don't want to get older and have weight continue to creep up and therefore costing many more health issues. Also, I'm becoming a nurse and I want to be an example to those I treat ( I think being in the medical field and overweight (fat doctor) is a oxymoron)
  • Symphonic_Silence
    Options
    Because ff I'm slimmer I can escape the zombie horde faster, of course :wink: :tongue:

Seriously, though, because I'm sick of being fat, it's pretty much the only health concern that I can actually have any control over at the moment.
    Plus it's good for me to have my food intake written down so that I can see where I need improvement.

I'd also like to see the "pretty" person that my husband says I am.
  • MariaAlbina
    MariaAlbina Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Got my breasts done last summer and want the rest of my body to look great as well.
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Originally I joined to get thin for a friend's upcoming July wedding since I looked like such at a disaster at the last wedding I attended.
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    #1 my health
    #2 to be a better role model for my kids
    #3 tired of being ruled by food, i do love it but i am better at loving it in smaller portions :)
  • budhandy
    budhandy Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    i have three whys
    1. I want to be around for my wife and kids
    2.fit into my cloths again so i dont have to wair scrubby cloths
    3. so i dont look like this anymore
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
  • FitBlitz
    FitBlitz Posts: 146
    Options
    It doesn't have a lot to do with the way I look...
    BUT...

I die when I'm going up a set of stairs and in all seriousness, if an apocalypse happens, I'd like to be able to take care of myself.

I am SO GLAD I'm not the only one preparing for the apocalypse XD

That's my number one reason. :D!
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    I started off wanting to be thinner. Now I want to look better naked and I want to be so much stronger. I want my body to be able to play hard all day long at whatever I want to play at. I love play!! =D
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    To be a role model for my patients, because I never wanted to be the chubby nurse. To live a long, healthy life. To look good in everything I put on. And most of all, to accept myself.
  • Expialidojess
    Expialidojess Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    After having 2 kids and being a stay at home mom for the last 5 years, I am ready to be me again and not just mommy. I've always put my kids first and it's time to start taking care of myself again.
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    To look like this again :P

34182_1421531991197_1619628482_996829_6637425_n.jpg

**Woah, sorry for the huge picture :P
  • HealthyBride5_3_13
    Options
    My main motivation is my wedding next May :) but I also just wanted to change the way I was living. I just finished up college in December and was super unhealthy (eating crap food and NEVER exercising). I want to be a good role model for my future children so that they will (hopefully) not have to struggle with their weight like I have.
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    My why... hmmm... seems like it should be an easy answer...

About a year after my dad died, I realized that I was 35 and still had most of my life focused on taking care of everyone else. So, I decided that I was gonna start putting myself first. Found MFP as a calorie tracker... gradually it became an exercise tracker as well... and then the support from all my MFPeeps and the forums... So, 113 pounds later - I am still here. I have friends, that are more than just people I know on MFP but people that I talk to, text, had dinner with, etc.

My Why? Because I am worth it, because I am ready to discover all that I can do and can be, because somewhere, sometime the beautiful person inside of me will also show up on the outside!

... I have a gazillion why's!
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    To see the person I am inside.

I think that i could be SO DAMN beautiful.

^^ this ^^
  • myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I switched to MFP from Weight Watchers because it fit my lifestyle better.

I am here to get healthy and finally rid myself of this horrible fat I have been carrying around for 30+ years. Dont want to spend the rest of my life morbidly obese. I want to enjoy everything life has to offer !
  • haleylehane
    haleylehane Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i want to be able to run around with my kids again :happy:
    i find that by being honest with myself on here with what im eating/drinking i can really see what im doing wrong and it forces me to focus on my goal - instead of kidding myself i wasnt over eating
  • juicyfruitkk
    juicyfruitkk Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    After a horrible 2011 I decided it was time to get healthy and put ME first :)