Zumba for really big (280+lbs ) girls/ guys ?

Options
124»

Replies

• threeohtwo
    threeohtwo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I'm 286 and rock out to zumba. When you need to take a break take a break. If you need to modify or skip a move then do it! it's an amazing workout and the instructors are great! Just stand in the back so you can watch everyone else until you get the hang of it!
  • Sweetncgal78
    Sweetncgal78 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Ive never done Zumba in public but looked up several youtube videos and did it at home even when I was at 326. It really works out everything!
  • Deba44
    Deba44 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey do it.. I weigh about the same. I do Zumba.Dont be embarrassed. There are thin people in class who have no rhythm but they are doing it. Its not about the size, its about you getting out there & moving. Finding something you like to help you exercise. Try all that your gym has to offer. Zumba will give you a workout but its really fun, exp if you like music and like to dance. I am into spinning and its hard. At first always worried bout being the biggest but I go in there in give it my all.
  • TynkEMT
    TynkEMT Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I started my Zumba experience at 250ish. I have found ways to "dumb" down some of the moves to make it easier for me to do. I have been going for about a month now and I absolutely love it. My instructor can tell when someone is struggling and comes and tries to help you figure the moves out.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!