Show me your breakfast! (Under 400 cal)

Options

Replies

• Caitlinhappymeal
    Caitlinhappymeal Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I have the same breakfast every morning: protein shake, 2 hard boiled egg whites, a multi and some coffee :smile:

why have a protein shake and miss out on the egg yolks, there are 14g of protein in egg yolk and loads of nutrients, its a near perfect food and you can survive on a dessert island a long long time on eggs! you say on your profile page that you want to ditch bad eating habits, well i’d say missing out egg yolks and filling yourself up with artificial food is one to ditch.

not having a go, i’m a qualified nutritionist, just pointing out a great benefit, you’d save money too xx
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I usually have Sunmaid Natural California Raisins - Mini-Snacks, 2 boxes , and put it in Nature's Place - Organic Old Fashioned Oatmeal, 1/4 cup dry. I do not use mike or suger but I do put in cinnamon and sometime splenda. I also will change it up with the fruit. I love blackraspberries in it.

165 calories.
  • ezramedic
    ezramedic Posts: 119
    Options
    I eat Weetabix (UK Version) or Weetbix (Australian version) [Whatever I can find in the international section at the grocery store)

I crush them up, top with diced prunes, a pinch of stevia and almond milk = 230 calories :happy:

And if I'm still hungry after, I eat a 50 cal Fiber One Yoghurt.
  • Jbadiam
    Jbadiam Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    For some other great breakfast ideas go to www.eggbeaters.com (mug scramblers) I love them and it is a quick low calorie meal, for anytime of the day. Good Luck !!!
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    bump for when i have more time to read
  • KarenReichel
    Options
    Thomas triple health english muffin, 1 T. PB, 2 T Smuckers sugar free jam, small GNC protein shake=315 calories
  • iroze
    iroze Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Mine, during the work week, looks like this:
    Generic - Sandwich-Mate American Cheese Singles (1slice =19g), 2 slices
    Handi (Costco) - Thin Bagel (Multigrain) 100 Calories, 1 bagel
    Alterra - Coffee Roasters - Hazelnut, 8 oz cup
    Hood - Whole Milk, 0.4 cup
    Add a banana or an apple and that makes 350 calories in total.
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Starbucks - Venti Unsweetened Passion Iced Tea, 24 oz. 0
    Splenda - No Calorie Sweetener, 7 Packet 0
    Ouaker Instant Oatmeal - Weight Control-Maple & Brown Sugar, 1 packet 160
    At 160 calories (my usual)
    or

Morningstar - Sausage Patties, 2 patty 160
    Kroger - Strawberry Preserves, 0.3 tbsp 15
    Pillsbury - Grands Jr Golden Layer Buttermilk Biscuit, 2 biscuit 200
    At 375 Calories (weekends)
  • laze11
    laze11 Posts: 8
    Options
    I am new to this site so you have given me some ideas. I have 1 cup of raisins oats and more with 1 tablespoon of mixed nuts/seeds and dried fruit with a little skimmed milk and a cup of fruit tea infusion.
  • Arestoktra
    Options
    My favourite breakfast for a busy weekday includes:
    A slice of whole wheat or olive bread toasted (60 grams for 166 calories)
    White cheese / string cheese / any kind of soft cheese (30 grams for about 60-70 calories) or an egg -boiled or scrambled with only a splash of milk for 70 calories)
    Homemade quince jam (10 grams for 26 calories)
    Black tea with no sugar or if I'm going to exercise that day a small cup of latte with milk (non-fat) for about 110 calories.

A cucumber, tomato or similar can also be added, as well as some olives.

Good luck!
  • racheljs768
    racheljs768 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Quick one:
    1/4 c egg beaters (or generic)
    1 Morning Star Farms sausage patty
    1 Mama Lupe's Fajita size flour tortilla

Spray Pam in coffee mug. Pour egg beaters in. Wrap patty in paper towel. Place both items in microwave & nuke on high for 1 min. Take out, slice or chop up & put on tortilla. Quick breakfast on the run, or snack. 187 cal packed with protein.
  • racheljs768
    racheljs768 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Mama Lupe's - Flour Tortillas - Fajita Size, 1 Tortilla (31g) 77 cal
    Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter 2tbsp/Srvg, 1 tbsp. (32g) 95 cal
    Laughing Cow - Cinnamon Cream Cheese Spread 45 Calories, 1 Wedge

271 calories total
  • ereedy61
    ereedy61 Posts: 15
    Options
    Toasted slice of Ezekial Sesame Bread, 1 Tbsp of natural peanut butter and 1/2 a banana sliced, with cup of green tea
    Calories: 230
  • Greyes2008
    Options
    My go to is chobani yogurt w/ granola not the best but it fills me and its convenient (290 cals)
  • bowties_r_cool
    bowties_r_cool Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My favorite is a variety! Little bit of everything in the mornings.

1/2cup 1% Small Curd Cottage Cheese
    1/2 medium grapefruit
    1 slice of Gluten free toast
    1tbsp of jelly of choice

To switch it up I like to swap out the grapefruit with 1/2 small pear, 1/4 apple. Or swap out the cottage cheese with two scrambled egg whites (no fat added).

It averages out to 250calories to 300 calories.

Hope that helps!
  • treisch
    treisch Posts: 13
    Options
    4 egg whites, 1.5 oz low sodium sliced turkey (cut into pieces), chopped cherry tomatoes, 1 laughing cow cheese wedge--- all scrambled. 145 calories. No carbs. gotta love it :)
    I would definitely eat a few carbs with this though.... a piece of whole wheat toast or an apple. (I only eat bananas after i work out as they are very high on the glycemic index and will shoot your blood sugars up quickly!)
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Either oatmeal and banana or 3 egg whites and a whole egg and a sausage.

Yesterday, I had peanut butter toast. I think it was 300 calories.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Today I had shakeology prepared with water, a hard boiled egg, and a clementine.

My favorite breakfast is a cup of plain greek yogurt, 1 cup of berries, and half a cup of Kashi GoLean berry crunch (or something like that lol)
  • jpruder
    jpruder Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have recently become obsessed with the Better Oats, Oat Revolution packets. They are oatmeal with flax seeds added. They are only 130 cals!
  • amandalmobley
    amandalmobley Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    when I first get up...

make some starbucks coffee with 3 tablespoons of sugar free hazelnut creamer and 1 tablespoon of splenda

then an hour later....

one slice of nature's own whole wheat bread with 2 teaspoons reduced fat peanut butter

1 packet of great value sugar free maple and brown sugar oatmeal with parkay zero calorie spray butter, cinnamon, and 1 small apple, peeled and diced

A little bit over 300 calories