Options
    Publix - Extra Large Grade A Eggs (2 Points), 2 egg 160
    Wellsley Farms - Sweet Cream Butter, 1 Tbsp. 100
    Onion - Sweet - Raw, Chopped, 1/4 cup 17
    Generic - Bell Peppers, Raw Chopped, All Colors, 1/4 cup 5
    Mushrooms - Raw, 0.5 cup, pieces or slices 8
    Kraft - Cheddar Shredded , 1/4 cup (28 g) 110

Saute the Onions, Peppers, and Mushrooms in the 1 tbsp of butter
    Beat and pour in the two eggs and cook till done, stir occasionally.

Lastly, top with the shredded cheddar

400 calories
  • aldousmom
    aldousmom Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    today: 1 oz soyrizo, half sweet potato tacos (2 corn tortillas) 1 red pear. 300 cal

yesterday: 2 Engine 2 Mighty Muffins (standard size muffins) , big bowl of mixed fruit (homemade) 336 calories

Tues: Whole Soy lemon yogurt, topped with fresh strawberries and Udi's granola (1/4c) 329 calories

Mon: 1/2c cooked steel cut oats, 1 chopped apple, 1T brown sugar, 1T chopped walnuts, 1/2t cinnamon 232 calories

Sunday: Happy Herbivore Peanutty Sweet Potato, 282 calories

I post pics of my most of my food and calories counts here. http://www.tumblr.com/blog/aldousmom
  • getfitsuccess
    Options
    5 egg whites, one yolk for color, then add mushrooms, diced peppers, onions and some shredded skim cheese....YUM.
    Also what works great and is fast is my smoothies, ice,coconut milk, non fat yogurt, berry based and one packet of Tropical strawberry Shakeology, blend until smooth.

Never skip your breakfast either , it sets the tone for your entire day :)
  • msudaisy28
    msudaisy28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Monday - Friday I have a cup of coffee with coffee-mate creamer, one hard boiled egg, two slices of turkey bacon, 2 fiber tablets and my daily vitamins. This totals 221 calories.

Saturday and Sunday I usually have a bowl of cereal with 1/3 cup of whole milk (250-300 cals), 2 fiber tablets and my daily vitamins.
  • moonspells
    moonspells Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm boring and always have pretty much the same things (though not under 400 cals exactly, you could omit stuff)...I vary the fruit (except the apple), depending on what we have:

Pc Blue Menu - Granola Omega 3 - 30% Fruit, Seeds & Nut, 2/3 cup 240 39 7 6 65 5
    Bullet - Green Apple (Raw) 210 g, 210 g 90 19 0 0 1 4
    Nordica - 4% Cottage Cheese 25% Less Sodium, 1/2 cup 120 5 5 14 290 0
    Youplait Source - Exotik Selection - Pineapple/Coconut/Banana, 100 gm 35 5 0 4 50 0
    Raw, Fresh - Grapefruit Pink, Edible Portions (Small), 1.5 whole (small) 96 24 0 2 0 3

or:
    Mangos - Raw, 1 cup, sliced 107 28 0 1 3 3
    Nordica - 4% Cottage Cheese 25% Less Sodium, 1/2 cup 120 5 5 14 290 0
    Egg, Hard Boiled - 1 Hard Boiled Egg, 1 large egg 70 1 5 6 65 0
    Yoplait Source - Exotic Mango Pineapple, 100 g 35 5 0 4 50 0
    Bullet - Green Apple (Raw) 210 g, 210 g 90 19 0 0 1 4

I also tend to munch on fennel and/or cucumber between brekkie and lunch most days...less than 50 cals total for both.
  • rghelardi
    rghelardi Posts: 10
    Options
    Bananas have too many carbs/sugars. My trainer says that 1/2 a banana is 1 serving. Therefore it's best not to eat bananas when trying to loose weight. Try putting some strawberries or blueberries in your cereal/oatment.
  • skullik
    skullik Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sapphiretyger
    sapphiretyger Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My easy go-to is plain greek yogart with some fruit mixed in. I tend to eat light when I first get up, then after my workout, I will eat more.
    I do a lot of smoothies, with whatever frozen fruit I have on hand. Right now am having cream of wheat with unsweetened applesauce and cinnamon mixed in.
  • Micksgurl
    Micksgurl Posts: 84
    Options
    I'd love to know what you guys make for breakfast in the mornings! I feel like I'm in a funk...I usually always eat my hot oat bran cereal with a banana or cereal with a banana. Inspire me!

Thanks!

I have one cage free egg fried in a pan with cooking spray, 2 slices of Sara Lee 45 cal. multi grain bread, 2 slices of kraft american cheese melted on it ( I WILL NEVER GIVE UP MY CHEESE!!) along with that I have coffee and sugar free vanilla creamer and this is just under 400 cal.
  • amzasmommy
    amzasmommy Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal
    Greek yogurt & a bagel thin or english muffin
    eggs & whole wheat toast
    jimmy dean d-light
    cereal w/ fruit
  • Ribena145
    Ribena145 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have a smoothie every morning:

Schinoussa Sea Vegetables 1 tsp
    1/2 Banana
    Flax Meal 1 tbs
    Frozen Blueberries 1/3 c
    Frozen Fruit 100 g
    Barleans Greens 1 tsp

Then cereal with Almond milk (unsweeetened orginal) or porridge and coffee with honey & cream

this runs right around 400 calories
  • jazzhatch
    Options
    I usually have Homemade Juice. Today it consisted of:
    1 Kiwi
    1/2 cup of mangos
    1 1/2 cups of Chards
    .25 of a cup of Jicama
    I apple-small
    1 Cup of Broccoli
    l Cup of celery
    2tbsp of Almond Milk

If I am still hungry I will have a banana, and some nuts.
  • ck1416
    ck1416 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Breakfast = 2 hard boiled eggs chopped, on an 80 calorie wheat bun (235 calories /17 g protein)

Then mid morning snack = yogurt with 1/2 banana and 1/2 c. kashi go lean cereal (233 calories / 16 g protein)
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I like crockpot Apple Pie Oatmeal. I make it once a week and my b/f and I get to servings each during the week of it. (Tastes great re-heated) I also pre-make an egg casserole that has ham mushrooms green onions and cheese, then throw a spoonful of sour cream over the top, also great re-heated I get 4 servings, so it gets us 2 days worth each. I also have a mexican casserole recipe (I always use egg whites, high in protein low in calories) I always eat a piece of fruit in the morning, I LOVE Pears or Melon or a cold orange first thing in the morning. Or when I make my b-fast that morning I go with 1/2cup of egg whites 2 tbsp of salsa and 1/4cup of 4 cheese mexican blend. Any of these interest you PM me and I'll send you the recipes.

P.s. ALL are WAY under 400cals
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    millk, strawberries, a dry whole grain eggo, a banana and an egg over easy
  • vanderandkarl
    Options
    depends but i try to have 7 different breakfasts if i can i dont do cals as on slimming world

so here goes this was last weeks

Monday: orange juice 1 muller Greek style yoghurt handful of mixed berries (blackberries and raspberries)

Tuesday: 35g shredded wheat 150mls of milk 1% 1 small sliced banana

Wednesday: poached eggs on whole meal toast

Thursday: muller light yoghurt and 2 hifi bars (peanut)

Friday: Scrammed eggs (2) 1/2 tin beans, mushrooms

Saturday: porridge with raisins and honey (made with water and a little milk)

Sunday scrammed eggs (2) 2 bacon (fat removed) 1 x 1syn sausage 1/2 tin toms and beans, mushrooms and onions and 2 toast (wholemeal)

also really love eggy bread done plain or to add a bit of twang i add Tabasco sauce and some passata

or omelettes xxxx
  • perfect10isha
    perfect10isha Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I make a custom version of huevos rancheros that's healthy.

2 yellow corn tortillas topped with black beans, 1.5 egg whites and pico de gallo (salsa) on top with a glass of orange juice.

I toast the tortillas with a little margarine on the stove, then scramble 1.5 egg whites. I've usually already made the black beans, but they're just canned so it only requires heating up on the stove as well. And then I top with pico de gallo (you know, the chunky type of salsa, that has tomatoes, cilantro, spices, onions, etc). Without the OJ its definately under 400 cals, and if I only use 1 tortilla its close to 200 cals.
  • Mindywv2003
    Mindywv2003 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    on low carb regimen:

3 egg whites
    2 links of turkey sausage
    Tea
  • J3SSP3NNY
    J3SSP3NNY Posts: 235
    Options
    I ALWAYS have fruit and a skinny peppermint mocha for breakfast. Some times more...

Tall Skinny Peppermint Mocha: 100 cals
    Fruit: about 80 cals
    Fage Greek Yogurt: 140 cals

Total= 320 cals
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    2 hardboiled eggs, 1 piece of wheat toast and 4-6 strawberries, depending on the size- I think this was like 300-350 calories on my counter ( I added 2 tbsp of butter to my toast so your numbers might be different if you don't eat butter, and also it will depend on the brand of bread you eat ). I usually drink plain, unsweetened Lipton bottled tea b/c it has a slight flavor and 0 calories. But every now and then I'll have a glass of milk or orange juice to switch it up.