finally under 200 pounds and no longer diabetic!

Options

Replies

• jenbunboo
    jenbunboo Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! I didn't realize how big a deal getting under 200 was until I did it myself just a couple weeks ago. Having 2 not be the first number on my scale in the morning was great! I smile every day still when I see that. That change and shrinking pants sizes are natural highs that keep me going for weeks.

Now I can't wait until the second number on the scale isn't a 9!
  • graciemom828
    Options
    You rock! I am almost 60 and it seems there are fewer of us "older" folks and it is harder once you get older - you should give yourself a huge pat on the back - buy yourself something pretty. Super congrats!!! :smile:
  • shirleycottrell
    shirleycottrell Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I am 67 and just went under 200. I also am diabetic and just dropped my A1c from 9.7 to 6.7. Feels great and I know the work itbtakes. It isn't just a small thing.
  • v_addison
    v_addison Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I remember the first time I saw those magical 100's on the scale and had the very same response as you did. You're right, there are miles of difference from 200 to 198 and you need to celebrate every minute you worked to get there. Way to go girl!
  • j77r68
    j77r68 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO !!! hope you get to go cruisin' really soon with the grandkids !! :flowerforyou:
  • spudlovie
    spudlovie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Amazing !! Woohoo for no more Diabetes :)
  • Sunbeam0904
    Sunbeam0904 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Just saw this and I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!!
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Textbook case of what a low carb diet (plus reduced sugar, reduced process foods, etc.) can do to your body. People are spending a fortune on drugs, when many of their issues can be solved - or at least dramatically reduced - by a proper diet and exercise.

Fantastic story.

--Prahasaurus
  • glittersoul
    glittersoul Posts: 671
    Options
    Congrats on your success! That is fantastic :)
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    AMEN! and God bless you. Very Good news, and very inspiring.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    WTG! I am to do the same thing you are. I have cut out the starchy carbs and have seen my carb intake go down significantly. Being a T2, I really want to get off the meds....the side effects are not pleasant.
  • Mamasota
    Mamasota Posts: 144
    Options
    Welcome to ONEDERLAND!
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Awesome story. Congratulations!

Enjoy your new ride. (When if finally arrives)
  • WhatDoesLisa
    WhatDoesLisa Posts: 214
    Options
    In the immortal words of Samuel L. Jackson, "You are a bad a** mother f***er".
  • krclaytor
    krclaytor Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Excellent progress and nice story too! Have fun with the grand-kids.
  • almostfortysix
    Options
    That is AWESOME!!!!! I'm at 203.8. I call 200 my nemesis. I totally understand what you mean by the 198 thing. My first goal is to be under 200 anytime of day:) Keep up the good work!
  • csheltra26
    csheltra26 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    That is amazing and the health benefits you have experience must make you feel amazing!! AWESEOME.
  • bp716
    bp716 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!! such achievements on so many levels. You are an inspiration, I am in much of the same boat, but just starting. I look forward to the day the scale really changes! . Enjoy the bike!
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Wow that is great.. especially the no more diabetic :flowerforyou:
  • mangobadango
    mangobadango Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Getting under 200 is the best feeling in the world! Enjoy your bike!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!