RED TEAM WEEK 7

Options

Replies

• anglbebe
    anglbebe Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    This is only my 2nd week and it's already getting tough for me guys. I"ve been working out and eating, but the past 2 days I feel like going home and eating everything in site :grumble: I haven't, however, but I"m still very much tempted. I have a feeling it's going to be a tough next few weeks, but once I conquer my bad habits, I will be fine. It's just another hurdle I have to climb....sorry I had to say all of this out loud :tongue:

Also, to make matters worse, I didn't get up in time to work out this morning. I will walk on my lunch hour, but that still leaves me to have to work out in the evenings, so I will have to go for a run in the hot and with this wind :sick: It's like running in water...BOO! Oh well, at least it's a work out :ohwell:

Vani...
    Don't worry about it girl. You are only in your 2nd week! As long as you keep up with your eating and exercising, this gets alot easier....trust me!! You can do it!! :happy: Just remember any workout is better than no workout!! Like I always say...moderation is key! We are all here to help you.:flowerforyou:

Thanks for the support. It makes me feel better that others have been where I am and that it DOES get better. We have cake here (yes I had a mini piece :embarassed:) and it is calling my name. I am doing whatever I can to stay strong. I know it will be worth it in the long run, so I just have to look down the road and not be in the "now" :smile:

and Yes a work out is a work out, but I work out so much that sometimes I think some stuff just isn't enough...I have to get out of that mentality....:ohwell:

Just believe in yourself. And I definitely know about the ravenous hunger. I read on here from one of the girls, if you feel hungry drink a glass of water with lemon. So I have been sipping on water with a lemon slice in it constantly. and it has definitely helped. My son, my brother, my dad, and me all have birthdays in the same week. So there was a lot of cake. I tell ya I gave it away as fast as I could. The way I would have figured it was I wouldn't have wanted to waste food. I guess that's what happens when your parents tell you there are children starving somewhere in a 3rd world country when you don't want to eat something.
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    This is only my 2nd week and it's already getting tough for me guys. I"ve been working out and eating, but the past 2 days I feel like going home and eating everything in site :grumble: I haven't, however, but I"m still very much tempted. I have a feeling it's going to be a tough next few weeks, but once I conquer my bad habits, I will be fine. It's just another hurdle I have to climb....sorry I had to say all of this out loud :tongue:

Also, to make matters worse, I didn't get up in time to work out this morning. I will walk on my lunch hour, but that still leaves me to have to work out in the evenings, so I will have to go for a run in the hot and with this wind :sick: It's like running in water...BOO! Oh well, at least it's a work out :ohwell:

Vani...
    Don't worry about it girl. You are only in your 2nd week! As long as you keep up with your eating and exercising, this gets alot easier....trust me!! You can do it!! :happy: Just remember any workout is better than no workout!! Like I always say...moderation is key! We are all here to help you.:flowerforyou:

Thanks for the support. It makes me feel better that others have been where I am and that it DOES get better. We have cake here (yes I had a mini piece :embarassed:) and it is calling my name. I am doing whatever I can to stay strong. I know it will be worth it in the long run, so I just have to look down the road and not be in the "now" :smile:

and Yes a work out is a work out, but I work out so much that sometimes I think some stuff just isn't enough...I have to get out of that mentality....:ohwell:

Just believe in yourself. And I definitely know about the ravenous hunger. I read on here from one of the girls, if you feel hungry drink a glass of water with lemon. So I have been sipping on water with a lemon slice in it constantly. and it has definitely helped. My son, my brother, my dad, and me all have birthdays in the same week. So there was a lot of cake. I tell ya I gave it away as fast as I could. The way I would have figured it was I wouldn't have wanted to waste food. I guess that's what happens when your parents tell you there are children starving somewhere in a 3rd world country when you don't want to eat something.

Yeah, I drink a TON of water, but havn'e tried the lemon piece of it (also I hate it because I sit down all day and I run to the bathroom every chance I get :angry: ) It's nice to hear others temptations and how they overcome them here, it motivates me to stay awya also. I'm waiting for the cake to go, but it's still, somehow here..staring at me :noway: OH well, I'll be at the gym in the next few minutes, so I'll get it out of my mind and my system!
  • hurleycutie142
    hurleycutie142 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    omg iwoke up wanting buffalo wings soooo bad... grr\
    well i have a lot of things to do today...
    i have homework
    then off to walmart to buy some waterproof make up
    i am going on vacation on the 28th...
    which includes sea doos and lots of water...

o and i tried on a bathing suit last night...
    and it didnt look as bad as i thought...
    i just need to tighten some spots...
    and maybe like 10 pounds...

but ya then im probably going to go to the gym and do the couch to 5k...
    it is so helpful...
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Well, I am home. I am ridiculously sick right now :sick: - it's the first time I've gotten out of bed in a few hours. And I promised my doctors I would lay low and just relax for the next week(ish). That means no exercising... they don't even want me to leave my house. :sad: I hate my failing body.
    And my mother made cupcakes - oh no! But I don't feel like eating, so it's all good. hehe.

Vani, basically what Mack and Andrea said is great and covers what I would have said. Please, don't get too hard on yourself. You are just starting out and doing great! Chin up, girl. :flowerforyou:

Liz, yeahhh I know what you mean about working out not being on the top of your list of things to do when you are in pain. Oh do I know. See if you can drag yourself to workout today or tomorrow - perhaps it will make you feel better...? :flowerforyou: I wish I could. :ohwell:

That's about it for now. I'm going to try to drag myself downstairs to show my family that I am still alive.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Well, I am home. I am ridiculously sick right now :sick: - it's the first time I've gotten out of bed in a few hours. And I promised my doctors I would lay low and just relax for the next week(ish). That means no exercising... they don't even want me to leave my house. :sad: I hate my failing body.
    And my mother made cupcakes - oh no! But I don't feel like eating, so it's all good. hehe.

Vani, basically what Mack and Andrea said is great and covers what I would have said. Please, don't get too hard on yourself. You are just starting out and doing great! Chin up, girl. :flowerforyou:

Liz, yeahhh I know what you mean about working out not being on the top of your list of things to do when you are in pain. Oh do I know. See if you can drag yourself to workout today or tomorrow - perhaps it will make you feel better...? :flowerforyou: I wish I could. :ohwell:

That's about it for now. I'm going to try to drag myself downstairs to show my family that I am still alive.

I hope you start feeling better real soon! Being sick is not fun at all.
    Hopefully after next week you'll be feeling great and back to working out. Just make sure you dont go crazy on your calories while you're resting and getting better. :flowerforyou:
  • MelL1205
    Options

Hopefully after next week you'll be feeling great and back to working out. Just make sure you dont go crazy on your calories while you're resting and getting better. :flowerforyou:

It might be just the opposite actually. I'm not sure I have eaten anything today. If I did, it didn't stay down... gross. :sick: :grumble: :ohwell: :frown: But I'm going to try some fruit again in a little bit because I really really want an apple right now. But if that doesn't work, I guess I'll just settle for crackers. :smile:

And thanks, I hope I feel better soon too.
    My doctors tell me it is going to just get progressively worse until/if I manage to get a transplant. They've told me to just enjoy my life, or, what's left of it, I suppose. And even if I get a transplant, something else will be wrong in a few months or years. :explode:
    Sometimes I'm sick of everything. But something makes me keep chugging along. :smile:
    So, if I don't give up, nobody else can either!! :smile: :smile:

But now I'm going to rest more. :yawn:
  • anglbebe
    anglbebe Posts: 89 Member
    Options

It might be just the opposite actually. I'm not sure I have eaten anything today. If I did, it didn't stay down... gross. :sick: :grumble: :ohwell: :frown: But I'm going to try some fruit again in a little bit because I really really want an apple right now. But if that doesn't work, I guess I'll just settle for crackers. :smile:

My doctors tell me it is going to just get progressively worse until/if I manage to get a transplant. They've told me to just enjoy my life, or, what's left of it, I suppose. And even if I get a transplant, something else will be wrong in a few months or years. :explode:
    Sometimes I'm sick of everything. But something makes me keep chugging along. :smile:

My ex- mother in-law is in renal failure and everyday after dialysis she is so sick. She used to say she was too sick to keep air down. I have always been into the whole natural healing thing, and I used to make her some peppermint or ginger tea, or have her drink ginger ale, and even tonic water. I know peppermint and ginger are great for stomach ills. But they said the tonic water was perfect cause of her kidneys. It may be different for you. She only has 1% functioning. But I also use the peppermint and ginger tea or ale for me and my kids when were ill in the tummy.
  • MelL1205
    Options

My ex- mother in-law is in renal failure and everyday after dialysis she is so sick. She used to say she was too sick to keep air down. I have always been into the whole natural healing thing, and I used to make her some peppermint or ginger tea, or have her drink ginger ale, and even tonic water. I know peppermint and ginger are great for stomach ills. But they said the tonic water was perfect cause of her kidneys. It may be different for you. She only has 1% functioning. But I also use the peppermint and ginger tea or ale for me and my kids when were ill in the tummy.

Thanks, Andrea, I might try some giner tea later. I have about 40 or 50% functionality for now (thankfully) and am on a ridiculous amount of medication to try to keep it there for as long as possible, because my doctors and I agree that I need to stay away from dialysis as long as possible. They are hoping the meds will keep me above 20(ish)% for a while, so we'll see.
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    I know I'm late with my weigh in, but I want to add this to My Topics
    CW: 145.5
  • MelL1205
    Options
    I know I'm late with my weigh in, but I want to add this to My Topics
    CW: 145.5

no problem.
  • hurleycutie142
    hurleycutie142 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    man o man am i stressed out im one year into my schooling and i decided to change my major and now i have to mix it into my old stuff so i dont waist it grrr...

never- aww im so sorry i hope you feel better... ill pray for u...

how is everyone doing...

i totally had a day off today...
    and ate some things i regret and now feeling it...

mcdonalds is disgusting...
  • MelL1205
    Options
    thanks monique. :flowerforyou:

and yes, mcdonalds is disgusting. imagine, i used to go there once every few weeks.

oh, and i'm sure your switching-major issues will resolve. don't worry too much. :smile:
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    mcdonalds is nasty... if i have to have fast food i go for taco bell (its my weakness lol).

just finished my walk... i'm all sweaty and feeling great! :bigsmile:
    and the bf is cooking dinner!! its my lucky day! haha :laugh: :heart:
  • vanimami
    Options
    OH GOD :sad:

I just ate TWO, yes TWO :noway: pigs in a blanket that are really big and delicious AND a glazed doughnut :noway: and I feel so sick :sick: Someone always brings them in here and sometimes I can resist and sometimes I can't. I didnt' get to eat breakfast before I came in, so I brought my oatmeal and I couldn't make it in time...It was calling my name :grumble: Oh well, I will work out on my lunch and go for a run after work, so that will SOMEWHAT make up for it. Oh boy, back to the drawing board.
  • vanimami
    Options
    mcdonalds is nasty... if i have to have fast food i go for taco bell (its my weakness lol).

just finished my walk... i'm all sweaty and feeling great! :bigsmile:
    and the bf is cooking dinner!! its my lucky day! haha :laugh: :heart:

I'm not a fan of mcdonald's either, if I'm going to have a burger, I would go to Wendy's or get a whopper :tongue: Taco bell is much better than mcdonal'ds too
  • vanimami
    Options
    man o man am i stressed out im one year into my schooling and i decided to change my major and now i have to mix it into my old stuff so i dont waist it grrr...

never- aww im so sorry i hope you feel better... ill pray for u...

how is everyone doing...

i totally had a day off today...
    and ate some things i regret and now feeling it...

mcdonalds is disgusting...

Don't worry, this whole week has been really difficult for me actually :grumble: So, I'm in your shoes. I've been diong ok except for today and a mini piece of cake yesterday :sick: oh well...
  • jfilon
    jfilon Posts: 80
    Options
    So, I'm not sure what everyone officially decided on for the challenge of the week, so I decided to try both. I went to a step aerobics class last night for the first time! It was actually kind of fun, haha. I woke up super-sore this morning. As far as veggies go, it's been a struggle. I'm trying to incorporate at least one big salad as one of my meals daily. There's some pretty slim pickins at the dining center here on campus. :grumble:

Bought a new pair of running shoes yesterday. Hoping that helps me stick to my workout plan, for real this time!

Hope you all are having a fantastic Friday. This hard week is almost over!
  • vanimami
    Options
    So, I'm not sure what everyone officially decided on for the challenge of the week, so I decided to try both. I went to a step aerobics class last night for the first time! It was actually kind of fun, haha. I woke up super-sore this morning. As far as veggies go, it's been a struggle. I'm trying to incorporate at least one big salad as one of my meals daily. There's some pretty slim pickins at the dining center here on campus. :grumble:

Bought a new pair of running shoes yesterday. Hoping that helps me stick to my workout plan, for real this time!

Good for you going to aerobics! What kind of tennis did you buy?? I really need to get a pair, HOWEVER, I don't want to spend the money :grumble: I usually get Aasics or newbalances and I'm a moderate pronater so I can only choose certain ones :ohwell:
  • vanimami
    Options

How are you feeling today?? Are you out yet?
  • JustAnotherGirl
    Options

Good for you going to aerobics! What kind of tennis did you buy?? I really need to get a pair, HOWEVER, I don't want to spend the money :grumble: I usually get Aasics or newbalances and I'm a moderate pronater so I can only choose certain ones :ohwell:

Oh, I just bought a pair of new shoes last weekend too!! I usually get aasics as well, but this time I went with a pair of sauconeys (sp?) So far so good. I am an inward pronater and just had custom inserts made for my running shoes. They feel a little weird but the doctor says that with time they will feel normal! One reason that I like them is that they make me feel taller (I am 5'2) and they give me a little lift (probably about 1/2 inch or so), so that is cool!! Well, I hope that everyone has an awesome Friday and and even better weekend!!