RED TEAM WEEK 7

Options
12346»

Replies

• vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    So, I'm not sure what everyone officially decided on for the challenge of the week, so I decided to try both. I went to a step aerobics class last night for the first time! It was actually kind of fun, haha. I woke up super-sore this morning. As far as veggies go, it's been a struggle. I'm trying to incorporate at least one big salad as one of my meals daily. There's some pretty slim pickins at the dining center here on campus. :grumble:

Bought a new pair of running shoes yesterday. Hoping that helps me stick to my workout plan, for real this time!

Hope you all are having a fantastic Friday. This hard week is almost over!

Good for you going to aerobics! What kind of tennis did you buy?? I really need to get a pair, HOWEVER, I don't want to spend the money :grumble: I usually get Aasics or newbalances and I'm a moderate pronater so I can only choose certain ones :ohwell:

Oh, I just bought a pair of new shoes last weekend too!! I usually get aasics as well, but this time I went with a pair of sauconeys (sp?) So far so good. I am an inward pronater and just had custom inserts made for my running shoes. They feel a little weird but the doctor says that with time they will feel normal! One reason that I like them is that they make me feel taller (I am 5'2) and they give me a little lift (probably about 1/2 inch or so), so that is cool!! Well, I hope that everyone has an awesome Friday and and even better weekend!!

maybe I'll try on some saucony's then :smile: I guess if everyone's buying soem tennis I should too :drinker:
  • jfilon
    jfilon Posts: 80
    Options
    So, I'm not sure what everyone officially decided on for the challenge of the week, so I decided to try both. I went to a step aerobics class last night for the first time! It was actually kind of fun, haha. I woke up super-sore this morning. As far as veggies go, it's been a struggle. I'm trying to incorporate at least one big salad as one of my meals daily. There's some pretty slim pickins at the dining center here on campus. :grumble:

Bought a new pair of running shoes yesterday. Hoping that helps me stick to my workout plan, for real this time!

Hope you all are having a fantastic Friday. This hard week is almost over!

Good for you going to aerobics! What kind of tennis did you buy?? I really need to get a pair, HOWEVER, I don't want to spend the money :grumble: I usually get Aasics or newbalances and I'm a moderate pronater so I can only choose certain ones :ohwell:

Oh, I just bought a pair of new shoes last weekend too!! I usually get aasics as well, but this time I went with a pair of sauconeys (sp?) So far so good. I am an inward pronater and just had custom inserts made for my running shoes. They feel a little weird but the doctor says that with time they will feel normal! One reason that I like them is that they make me feel taller (I am 5'2) and they give me a little lift (probably about 1/2 inch or so), so that is cool!! Well, I hope that everyone has an awesome Friday and and even better weekend!!

maybe I'll try on some saucony's then :smile: I guess if everyone's buying soem tennis I should too :drinker:

I have a big problem with overpronating too! I usually go with Mizunos, but this time I bought a really nice pair of Sauconys and I'm hoping they'll do the trick. I would definitely suggest going to a specialized running store and have them evaluate your stride. Seriously, I love running stores. The people are just so nice and down-to-earth. The one I went to yesterday actually has a library of running and nutrition books that they just lend out to the public as long as you promise to bring them back! How cool is that?!

I think I'm going to go to the Y tonight and swim. I haven't tried doing laps in 6 months. Haha, hopefully don't make a total fool out of myself. :laugh:
  • hurleycutie142
    hurleycutie142 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    omg it is soooo hot!
    i live in california so its miserable out there
    last night i left my window open and omg i woke up this morning in a sweat...
    eww
    and it is just making my stomach turn from the stupid mcdonalds...
    gross i feel disgusting...
    damn u mcdonalds...
    and it didnt help that i stayed up till 4 trying to do homework...
    fml
  • hurleycutie142
    Options
    besy=t laxative in the world=mcdonalds :embarassed:
  • anglbebe
    anglbebe Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    omg it is soooo hot!
    eww
    damn u mcdonalds...
    fml

Where in CA are you I just moved back east from Redding. I miss my mountains. :sad:
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    omg it is soooo hot!
    eww
    damn u mcdonalds...
    fml

Ick I know all about the miserable heat (well, I'm used to super dry heat... like 10% humidity or less). Feels like your chilling inside and oven :laugh:
  • hurleycutie142
    Options
    im in the inland empire... in riverside... its super hot..
    your right i might as well be in an oven :]
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Vani, yes I am out. And I'm all right, I suppose... Thanks for asking.
  • anglbebe
    anglbebe Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    im in the inland empire... in riverside... its super hot..
    your right i might as well be in an oven :]

Riverside? I think I have a friend that lived there, or was it Oceanside??

Eh I havent experienced dry heat. But, I hate humidity. Your skin feels like its two sizes too tight. Yuck.

Mel, Are you feeling any better? Are you able to eat yet?
  • MelL1205
    Options
    yeah I am doing better. I ate a little today. I mostly just rested all day because I was really weak. Considering I got sick 19 times yesterday :sick: :frown: , today was a much better day. Haha my abs are really sore.
  • jlhcrh3
    jlhcrh3 Posts: 314
    Options
    Hello everyone.....the past week has been a baaad week for me. I haven't been able to exercise, due to my knees, and my eating has been AWFUL. I started the new job. Also my grandmother and aunt came to visit (from another state). They came on wednesday at 4, i left at 5 for class, got back (actually an hour early) at 9:30 and they were saying they might have to take my grandma to the hospital. her blood pressure was ridiculously high and we were giving her her meds and it wasn't coming down so we headed to the nearest hospital (1/2 hour away). got the just past midnight, and she was eventually released and we got home about 4 am. then i slept not quite 2 hours and got up and went to work. then when i got off work i had messages on my phone saying they had called an ambulance so i went back to the hospital and spent some more time there. finally got home about 4:30 pm or so, and then didn't go to bed until about midnight last night, and had to babysit today from 9am-6pm and it is midnight now and i'm still up...:ohwell: we found out she had a stroke at some point in time, and she has so much confusion and memory loss now and it breaks my heart. so b/c of being at the hospital i had some fast food and i've also drowned some of my emotions in moose tracks ice cream because it keeps me from crying in front of her. my knees are ok today. they were sooooo bad yesterday but it didn't help that i tripped and twisted them at work :sad: tomorrow will be another bad day. my sister and brother-in-law are coming for "brunch". an extremely unhealthy brunch! so i just am not in a good place right now.

I hope y'all are doing better than I am!

Mel--I'm glad your tummy is doing somewhat better. hope it continues to get better :smile: and thanks for the profile message:flowerforyou:

by the way, my last pair of tennies were saucony and i liked them a lot, but i just got some asics and i like them even more i think...don't know for sure, i haven't worn them exercising yet because my stupid knees....
  • MelL1205
    Options
    Jess --
    I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I would not worry too much about this week - it has certainly been a hard battle for you in more ways than one. As soon as you can, you'll get right back out there, I am sure. :flowerforyou: And I cannot help but say that if you were going to drown you emotions with ice cream, moose tracks was the way to go (I have not had ice cream in forever!). :smile: I forgot what else I was going to say... I hope everyone is doing better than both of us, then. And I hope our scales are not mean to us on Monday. Take care of yourself... and your family is in my thoughts. :flowerforyou:
  • jfilon
    jfilon Posts: 80
    Options
    Ick I know all about the miserable heat (well, I'm used to super dry heat... like 10% humidity or less). Feels like your chilling inside and oven :laugh:

Where in AZ are you from? I lived in Chandler most of my life before I started going to NAU for school. Man, I'm in Fargo right now for an internship and the humidity is INSANE. I miss the oven, haha.
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options

Where in AZ are you from? I lived in Chandler most of my life before I started going to NAU for school. Man, I'm in Fargo right now for an internship and the humidity is INSANE. I miss the oven, haha.

Everyone tells me I sound like I'm from Fargo :sad:
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Options

Born and raised in Glendale. Spent summers with my mom who lived in Tempe, Mesa, Phoenix, Apache Junction :laugh: ... lived in Peoria for a year and now reside in Avondale. :happy:

So sorry to hear about your grandmother Jess. Wish I could give you a big hug.

I'm off to take my nephew to the movies soon, I hope I do good in avoiding the consessions stand! :ohwell: :laugh:
  • MelL1205
    Options
    All of you talking about the heat actually makes me glad to live in Jersey. Except it was rained here everyday for the past month... seriously, except maybe 3 days. But June is not usually like this.

Well, today I cut my hand - a really small cut, actually. But I have to tell my doctors every single thing. So I had to scrub it clean... like 14 million times. And then wrap it excessively. Because my immune system is super supressed (basically shot to hell because of the meds I'm on), it can get infected really easy, and my body cannot fight the infection and I'll die even sooner. Thus, even though a band-aid would have sufficed for normal people, my hand is practically mummified. It makes people stare. I hate it. :explode:

I had a pretty good day today (besides mummifying my hand).

liz - I hope you successfully navigated away from the concession stand at the movies. What movie did you see?

Jess - more hugs for you. :heart:
  • jlhcrh3
    jlhcrh3 Posts: 314
    Options
    oh, mel, so sorry to hear about your mummy hand :frown: i hope it heals quickly despite your problems...and no infections!!

liz--thanks! :flowerforyou:

well today was mint chocolate chip instead of moose tracks :ohwell: :embarassed:
    i am going to try tomorrow to do better. really, i am. i have to. otherwise i'm going to gain back the weight i've worked so hard to lose!

no exercise today...again. i wanted to go for a walk, but we can't leave my grandma unattended with all her memory problems... plus it was 90 something degrees with heat index of 103 i think and humidity of like 80 something percent.....:sick: sooooo disgusting outside.

well i hope everyone has a great day tomorrow! as the people sang in the play i saw last night..."Think positive!" i am sure going to try! :laugh:
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Options
    Ick my nephew HAD to go to the consessions to get his Butterfingers... and before I knew it I had a small popcorn in my hand. :grumble: I ended up over in my calories by 480 (about how much the popcorn & butter was :explode: ). Its a good thing I rarely go to the movies :laugh: I saw the Hangover... it was pretty funny.

Tomorrow the bf and I are headed down to a family BBQ (his family) for fathers day. Think I'm gonna bake up the brownies that have been in my cabinet yelling at me for a while now. That way I can have only 1 and give the rest away for his family to eat. LOL

Having a mummy hand sounds like no fun, but you could make up some exotic story about how you got hurt next time someone asks. :devil: :laugh:
  • MelL1205
    Options
    haha, Liz, I think I'm going to work on making up a really awesome story. :smile:

& I hope everyone has a marvelous Sunday! :smile: