4/20 is "Weed Day"?

Options

Replies

• La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    How did you not know this?

And ESPECIALLY living in Austin. I mean...come on now. My company will be involved in the unveiling of the Willie Nelson statue at 4:20pm, tomorrow, 4/20. Yeah.

That's awesome.

I just asked to get off at 2pm tomorrow. LOL
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    weeds haven't even sprouted yet here. i don't start weeding the garden until well after mother's day.
    4/20 being weeding day sure as hell confuses me every year.

i wonder why the store sells out of doritos and twinkies that day too. *shrug*

And Taco Bell is PACKED!
  • madubil
    madubil Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    hahahahaha yes. it is. My house # is also 420.. so I'm having a grill out...and calling it a birthday party for my house- just a reason to fire up the grill really.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    also, 4:20 pm is weed o'clock for the real hardcore pot heads.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    It is a long time since I celebrated 420 day.... always makes for a pleasant smelling day around NYC parks.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    lol OMG all my friends have been talking about this..... $/20 originally stems from the time of beepers. It was the code you would send to your friends to let them know you want to smoke. Every since the early 90's 4/20 became the offical smoke out day. LOL the bar is gonna be fun tomorrow :smokin: (seemed appropriate lol )
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Yes, you are. Here in Toronto there's a March every year and you can smoke with no consequences - As long as you don't drive afterwards.

Okay, THAT I didn't know!! & the other guy talking about dating sites & people asking if your are 420 friendly, I just got one of those messages & I was like wtf? I thought it was such a weird way to open a conversation!! I guess it's the norm!
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    weeds haven't even sprouted yet here. i don't start weeding the garden until well after mother's day.

Bravo sir...unless you were being serious? :p
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    No. 4/20 is actually my grandma's birthday :)
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder...I will make sure we have extra snacks in the house for my husband tomorrow.
  • annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    It's also Hitler's birthday... Just another interesting tidbit about 4/20 that most people don't know.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options

And Taco Bell is PACKED!

i noticed that too. and i love taco bell.
  • StrongGwen
    StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    hahahahaha yes. it is. My house # is also 420.. so I'm having a grill out...and calling it a birthday party for my house- just a reason to fire up the grill really.

LOL! If I lived at 420 I''d probly never leave the house!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    You've never even heard the term "420" before? Geez what rock have you been living under? If you google it you only get about 6 billion results.
    Right?
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options

Bravo sir...unless you were being serious? :p

i'm *rarely* serious
  • gimpyfriend
    Options
    gave it up years ago, i turn into a space cadet from it!!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    This is true.

Any of you that use dating sites, if you see the words 420 friendly it means they like smoking weed and would like to meet someone similar!

I didn't know this either til I asked but I'm glad I did.

Oh and to add to this I still do it, I don't care what anyone else thinks I'm extremely healthy otherwise and it's my one little thing I do when I'm relaxing. I never let it change me and I don't let it affect the way I run my life in any way shape or form. I've done a 100 mile bike ride while stopping every 20 miles with friends to have one.

I don't know if you guys are more strict in the US, some comments seem to be way more anti drugs than here in the UK, we get reports on them in the papers n stuff but that's about it, nobody shouts out about it.

Yeah people are kinda anal about it. But it depends on what part of the country you're in...I probably live in one of the most pot-friendly cities in the country (aside from Portland, and anywhere along the California coastline lol).

I'm not a regular toker or anything like that, but if I am on vacation or out at ACL (huge 3 day music festival) with friends and won't be anywhere near my child, I'll partake a little. We're talking like 2-3 times a year. I feel like as long as something doesn't interfere with a person's daily life and responsibilities, and it's not hurting anybody, then who am I to judge how they like to relax?
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    weren't all the clocks in Pulp Fiction set to 4:20?
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    In Nova Scotia there is a designated weed smoking field for 4/20 and police just walk right by. It's like a free pass. :smokin:
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    They seriously need to legalize it here.

Careful, talk like that got a thread closed for condoning use of an illegal substance yesterday lol.