4/20 is "Weed Day"?

Options

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Jersey just got permission to start growing medical marijuana and opened its first clinic.

just felt liek throwin that out there :)
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    This is true.

Any of you that use dating sites, if you see the words 420 friendly it means they like smoking weed and would like to meet someone similar!

I didn't know this either til I asked but I'm glad I did.

Oh and to add to this I still do it, I don't care what anyone else thinks I'm extremely healthy otherwise and it's my one little thing I do when I'm relaxing. I never let it change me and I don't let it affect the way I run my life in any way shape or form. I've done a 100 mile bike ride while stopping every 20 miles with friends to have one.

I don't know if you guys are more strict in the US, some comments seem to be way more anti drugs than here in the UK, we get reports on them in the papers n stuff but that's about it, nobody shouts out about it.

Yeah people are kinda anal about it. But it depends on what part of the country you're in...I probably live in one of the most pot-friendly cities in the country (aside from Portland, and anywhere along the California coastline lol).

I'm not a regular toker or anything like that, but if I am on vacation or out at ACL (huge 3 day music festival) with friends and won't be anywhere near my child, I'll partake a little. We're talking like 2-3 times a year. I feel like as long as something doesn't interfere with a person's daily life and responsibilities, and it's not hurting anybody, then who am I to judge how they like to relax?

Every single concert I have gone to so far here in Austin, I get high from the guys next to me and the ones in front and the ones 3 rows down. Seriously.. everybody smokes here! And I just take big whiffs because it smells ooooh so good.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    How long before this thread gets closed?
  • Fit4Evolution
    Fit4Evolution Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    its 4:20 2x a day all around the world .. so its 4:20 somewhere isnt it : hmmmm makes you think.. coool
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Actually 420 friendly just means they wont judge you if you do. 420p is public admission.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Here in Edmonton they sit at the Legislature grounds and smoke pot...you can smell it all over the city. The government watches them, but doesn't interrupt
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    It's also Hitler's birthday... Just another interesting tidbit about 4/20 that most people don't know.

Combine the two.. rock a Hitler stashe and take bong hits...
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    My favortie holiday... However, beware becuase 4/21 is National Suprise Drug Test Day :laugh:
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    What in the world? Am I the only one that didn't know this???

Interesting.... :smokin:

No, I don't think my parents know. lol
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    They seriously need to legalize it here.

Careful, talk like that got a thread closed for condoning use of an illegal substance yesterday lol.

The mods can strike me down if they want and I am very passionate about the legalization. And no, I don't even smoke it. All it does is makes me VERY hungry, and trust me, I need no more help with that!
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    You get a field you can smoke it in? I'd camp in that field on weekends!
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Here in Edmonton they sit at the Legislature grounds and smoke pot...you can smell it all over the city. The government watches them, but doesn't interrupt

Heyyy I live in Edmonton too :):drinker: Didn't know that ^^ though because I'm from Nova Scotia.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    weren't all the clocks in Pulp Fiction set to 4:20?

YUP!

On a side note, I will be having a party that night :bigsmile:
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    It's also Hitler's birthday... Just another interesting tidbit about 4/20 that most people don't know.

Combine the two.. rock a Hitler stashe and take bong hits...

And the anniversary of the Columbine massacre. Maybe everyone should just do bong hits and be happy!
  • joe7880
    joe7880 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda sad I won't be partaking in the festivities tomorrow but I have a nasty two week plateau to deal with and I'm not trying to increase my appetite =..)..... To all those who will be a part of the festivities, please take a toke for me and all the others like me lol.
  • scarlieoh
    scarlieoh Posts: 18
    Options
    I live in the Netherlands. It's basically a national holiday.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Okay my boyfriend and I will be going to watch the Willie Nelson statue!! :smokin: :drinker:
  • slay0r
    Options
    I live in the Netherlands. It's basically a national holiday.

Surely it's just a holiday every day when it's legal :D I love Holland too much!
  • slay0r
    Options
    Okay my boyfriend and I will be going to watch the Willie Nelson statue!! :smokin: :drinker:

Your boyfriend has just gone up in my estimations since he's clearly the one telling you to get off early for this extremely important day. Win!
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    how do you not know and wow i so need to move to canada that is amazing.