What food did you give up?

Options

Replies

• kamazza
    kamazza Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say I've given any up completely but I have cut way back on a lot of stuff. I haven't had bread in ages, but do have pasta once a week or so. (whole wheat!) I allow myself one diet soda on the weekend when I'm at work. No cookies or chocolate yet, I'm not ready to do that. :)
  • wells0707
    wells0707 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything! I just make sure it fits in my daily goals. :) Sometimes its just not worth it to eat it...but then again sometimes it is :)
  • Mindywv2003
    Mindywv2003 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    CARBS..... bad ones anyways
    no bread, pasta , anything starchy or anything white

someone hand me a tissue.... please :sad:
  • J3SSP3NNY
    J3SSP3NNY Posts: 235
    Options
    Tortilla Chips ;____; I still have them every once in a while but I just feel like they are too many calories to be eating all that much.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    SODA
    unless its in an alcoholic beverage and even that is rare as diamonds
  • LoveLife8888
    Options
    I didnt fully give up anything, but i definately gave up junk foods and drinks. I prefer to drink my calories rather than to eat them. The hardest thing for me to do is not eat ice cream. I LOVE ICE CREAM but i just cut down to very rarely as a treat. I am now gonna work on finding and eating healthier foods rather than snack foods.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Your run-of-the-mill fast food. I now make my own double cheeseburgers with less than half the grease and many times less sodium when I want red meat in a jiffy.
  • sherronh
    sherronh Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Some people decide not to strictly give up things they portion

Im not there yet because I dont trust my self control

Thing I gave up were fast foods, heavy creamy pastask, beagles, I am a cheese lover so im restricting my limit because a portion is way smaller then we think it to be.

I like to not thing of it as giving things up, I like to think of it as adding and increasing the good things.

I rather sit in front of a HUGE low calorie meal and feel stuffed, then portion size someting way smaller and fee lesss satisfied
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Red Bull Vodka. Man, we had some good times.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Red Bull Vodka. Man, we had some good times.

ROFL!. I've knocked back a few in a past life. Totally agree on the good times. :laugh:
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Why give up anything??? It's all about moderation!
  • jessicawrites
    jessicawrites Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I gave up McDonald's and Burger King years ago and haven't missed them for a second. Once in a blue moon I'll have some chili, fries, and a frosty at Wendy's, but that happens about three times a year, tops.

I am learning that I need to rework my relationship with pizza! When I was growing up, pizza night was rush night, when we'd scarf down a few slices and get in the car to go to dance/gymnastics/choir. My impulse is still to eat pizza too much and too fast. The fiance and I read an article of the best pizza places in Baltimore, and have been visiting them one by one. The experience of going to a restaurant, ordering a crazy pie, and enjoying a meal together is helping me find a new association. I still eat too many slices of chain pizza too quickly, but now I know what to look out for!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Oh, we were supposed to give things up? I must be doing this wrong.
  • littlemiss165
    Options
    Alcohol... totally not worth it!! :drinker:
  • milf_n_cookies
    milf_n_cookies Posts: 2,244 Member
    Options
    processed white carbs and for the most part starchy vegetables (I still have a tablespoon or so of summer corn b/c I love it, but its rare).
  • witrixie2011
    Options
    Give up? I haven't given anything up. I have cut way down of junk, but if I really want something, I have it and work it into my day.

This.
  • Msmonique1982
    Msmonique1982 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I didnt really give up anything, I just cut back on food, like crackers, and pastas and fast food. Half of the portions for me. Instead of a greasy burger, i'll go turkey burger.
  • shelbynicole32
    shelbynicole32 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Stopped drinking Cokes and Dr. Peppers. It was an everyday thing and I have been off of them for one year. Of course if I have an upset stomach I will drink some Sprite or 7up but other then that its water and sweet tea. I would like to give up "sweet tea" and have unsweet tea with splenda only.

I have started thinking about what I eat, and I have found myself not eating pizza, pasta, and as much bread.
  • kcashwheeler
    kcashwheeler Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Queso and tortilla chips
  • veggieshark
    veggieshark Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I gave up meat during my weight loss but not solely for weight loss. I barely ate any meat in the first place and when I saw videos of baby pigs being killed by getting their heads smashed on the floor I just decided to give it up. I eat much less bread now, but increased oats. I don't really eat any candy, either. Makes me feel nasty.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!