What food did you give up?

Options

Replies

• rlaier
    rlaier Posts: 3
    Options
    ugh!!! french fries...good job!! they are a weakness of mine! i love them...and yes...i even love the smell in my car!! way to go!
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    I work in an office and it's like the salesman and customers think we live on donuts and cookies with the odd batch of cupcakes thrown in every now and then for good measure. I walk right past that crap now. I do keep 100 calorie packs of hostess chocolate cakes with cream filling in my desk drawer for when the 'filing cabinet food' becomes tempting.
  • Kell_Smurthwaite
    Kell_Smurthwaite Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    You don't need to give it up entirely - just switch it to a wholegrain pasta. Or use an alternative - a tasty recipe I make myself is sweet potato and spinach gnocchi and I'd now rather have that than pasta pretty much every time. It's still around 200 calories, but they are SO worth it. :) I have the recipe on my blog here: http://losingitallwithmfp.wordpress.com/2012/03/24/sweet-potato-and-spinach-gnocchi/
  • davidlbass
    davidlbass Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Giving up something you love is just begging for you to go on a binge. Learn to keep it in your diet and tweek it to make it a little healthier. I lost all my weight while eating pasta, bread, fried food and even my beloved Samoas.
  • SamosaurusRex
    Options
    Mostly bread, white rice, milk chocolate (only have dark chocolate) and pasta.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    One food I crave like crazy (because I LOVE it) is pasta. This would be the food I have basically given up all together. It doesn't seem worth it to only be able to eat 2 ounces of it for about 200 calories!

What food did you give up??

2 ounces is a whole plateful and quite filling. Just sayin'.

I gave up nothing. I choose healthier options most of the time, but I still eat everything I used to eat.

^^THIS. I still eat anything I want, just in smaller quantities and less frequently.
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Mine food is queso and ruffles
  • Lasirenn
    Lasirenn Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    For now? Sweets. They're just too much of a trigger food. It's spring and usually my sister and I make a ton of ice cream or Rita's runs, but so far not yet. Right now, I'm keeping my sweet tooth in check by eating fruit or things like greek yogurt cups, or (no sugar added) applesauce. So far so good as I didn't attack the Easter basket this year, the pie in the fridge, and I've driven past the ice cream shop many times (I have a coupon for a free sundae, mind you.)
  • hauntgoddess
    hauntgoddess Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    ITALIAN FOOD :(
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    soda and candy
  • ThePunkHippie
    Options
    Potato chips. Technically I haven't completely given them up, but I've cut WAAAAAY down. I'm trying to give them up though.
    I've always been a sucker for salty snacks - I could give up candy in a heartbeat, & I don't even drink enough soda to consider giving it up (one a month, maybe), but I used to eat half a large bag of chips in one sitting, a couple times a week 0_0
  • dellashanks
    dellashanks Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I no longer drink Soda! I would drink it all day if I had the option so I just omit from my diet.
  • GreenEyedDork
    GreenEyedDork Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My Dr. Pepper!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    There's really no such thing as "good" or "bad" food, so I haven't given up anything.

That depends on the food and person. But for everyone there are better and worse foods.
  • des24rob
    des24rob Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I can't give up on anything but I cut down on a lot bad habits, soda, baked goods, excessive sugar, fried foods, chips, etc.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    Nothing!!!!!!!!! :-) I gave up absolutely nothing. I'm trying to live my life now the way I will want to live it until I die. Do I really want to go my entire life without a single bag of buttered popcorn, not one oreo cookie? Nooooo... moderation, baby.

QFT
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I gave up nothing. just changed the portions form more bad and very little good foods to more of the good stuff.
  • lolly3max
    lolly3max Posts: 28
    Options
    Peanutbutter:((((((((
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Soda!! :bigsmile:
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    I used to enjoy the occasional Cinnabon, but can't justify blowing through two-thirds of my daily calories to have one.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!