What food did you give up?

Options

Replies

• angelamuse
    angelamuse Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I didn't "give up" anything. Once I am told I can't have something I want it so much more. I did learn to moderate and portion control. For example, bread is only 1 serving a day, cheese is only 1 oz a day preferably low-fat. I actually added things to my diet like more protein, fruits and veggies. Before I would have some type of carb, but now I reach for those things instead. I also cut back on my alcohol consumption and learned what a true 5oz glass of wine looks like. We tend to fill our glasses more when we are at home then at a restaurant.
  • stellaskies
    stellaskies Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I've totally given up soda. I rarely even think about it. There isn't much else I'd give-up and really, the only reason I stopped with soda is because I would get a canker sore whenever I'd have a can. Acidic things really mess my mouth up for some reason. I can't even have sour candy :(
  • MMKE4ever
    MMKE4ever Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I didn't give anything up. I tried doing that before and I failed every time. Its all mental with me and if I know I can't eat it, that just makes me want it even more. So I still eat my cookies, chocolates, pastas, and breads only now I fill up on a big salad first so that I'm not going overboard. I'd be one cranky b!tch if I gave up the foods that I LOVE. :laugh:

This is me too! I have cut back on soda a lot though.
  • 2hmom
    2hmom Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I am not giving up anything. Trying to cut down on white pasta. If we go out to eat,I fit it in my calories,exercise more or the next day eat a meal of veggies. I plan to do this for the rest of my life.
  • SuperAmie
    SuperAmie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I said goodbye to my dear friend, sugar...
  • stepzeitz
    stepzeitz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I drive a truck for a living and that's when I want to eat or snack. I started by limiting my calories to 2000 per day. By doing this, I have to read labels on food packages and search to what calorie content is for different foods that I like. Basically, I have given up fast food, pizza, salty snacks, pizza, chocolate, pizza, and pizza. :):laugh:
  • stepzeitz
    stepzeitz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I drive a truck for a living and that's when I want to eat or snack. I started by limiting my calories to 2000 per day. By doing this, I have to read labels on food packages and search to what calorie content is for different foods that I like. Basically, I have given up fast food, pizza, salty snacks, pizza, chocolate, pizza, and pizza. :)
  • Shamrock_me
    Shamrock_me Posts: 161
    Options
    Sea Salt & Caramel Cupcakes with a carmelized Pecan on top (sniffle) from my favorite cupcake shop.

No worries I can prolly talk myself into a 1/4 serving but it's impossible to not shove the whole thing in my mouth and buy a second.

I do a mock up version with sugar free yellow cake but its no where near as decadently orgasmic...
  • rlaier
    rlaier Posts: 3
    Options
    I have given up everything with gluten!! very hard but healthy for the most part!! I miss my chips and pasta!! i know they make gluten free pasta and chips,,,but i still try to steer clear of that!!:smooched:
  • Angelafmtx
    Options
    French Fries! I will give in and get them for my children now and then, and I have to ride with those french fries smelling up the car all the way home! LOL I am so proud of myself when I get home and haven't dug in the bag. What helps is rolling down the windows so the smell doesn't drown me! :)
  • msudaisy28
    msudaisy28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    One food I crave like crazy (because I LOVE it) is pasta. This would be the food I have basically given up all together. It doesn't seem worth it to only be able to eat 2 ounces of it for about 200 calories!

I made pasta with meatballs for dinner a few weeks ago at my husband's request and I was surprised by how much the 2 oz ends up being after it's cooked! Pre-MFP I was probably eating 3 oz in a serving, so with my smaller stomach - seems to have adjusted to the smaller portion sizes - it fills me up. Just watch what sauce you're putting on it - I ended up only having three meatballs with my tomato sauce and I think my total for the meal was right around 500 cals (I skipped the garlic bread).
  • hippietofugirl
    Options
    Sugar. OH how I miss chocolate, ice cream and doughnuts!

If you love pasta so much, why don't you just get one of those pasta lean cuisine meals sometimes?
  • webarrett
    webarrett Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I only gave up regular soda. I'm officially drinking diet now, which I'm not a huge fan of, but it's worth it. I still eat pasta, pizza (not much), and enjoy my wine. MFP makes it so manageable!
  • shar0006
    shar0006 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Did you know that Sams CLub has bagel thins in everything bagels? I found these and was super excited! 100 calories and it comes in wheat, cinnamon raisin, and everything. Not as good as the real thing but if you are looking for a treat, I recommend this! Works great for making breakfast sandwiches! tomato, lettuce, egg and everything bagel! yum!
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I was a Pepsi addict. I gave up drinking all sodas about 6 months ago. The only thing I missed was the carbonation. I now drink Perrier bottled water for my occasional "fizz."
  • patriciaannbibo
    patriciaannbibo Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Gave up Fast food
  • shar0006
    shar0006 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I noticed a big difference when I stopped drinking diet soda, it's what I grew up on, I drink a lot of water now, and every once in a while I get into Crystal light.
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Gluten, wheat (I miss you bread!), sugar, beef, any diet products, diet pop, starchy vegetables, high sugar fruit, butter... sadly I can't eat most of these things in moderation, so it is truly easier for me to avoid them altogether.
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    The biggest thing I have had to cut was sweets. I used to eat alot of chocolate and sugary cupcakes/cookies, etc. I still have some here and there on weekends but I try to cut back and portion myself out. I haven't really eliminated anything. I love pasta and bread too much get rid of them. I know try to eat whole grains for bread and well pasta I cant stand whole grain so I limit myself to the 2 oz. Its all about moderation!!
  • Bombdiggidy1
    Options
    This is my first week with MFP, but it's the second week for me giving up beef & pork! It's really challenging because I am a true fan of pork skins! I started with a small goal with no meats for a week, then after I completed the week I decided to eat chicken & fish once a day. I eat lots of fruits & vegetables throughout the day, as well as snacks and plenty of water.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!