WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST 5K RUN TIME

Options

Replies

• pbl1966
    pbl1966 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    First without walking was 34 min last November. Fastest to date is 30:50 and 1:06 for a 10K.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    My first 5K race was just under 40 min in Sept 2009 the same race a year later 26:46. If you're looking at doing around 30 minutes for your first 5K that's outstanding.
  • OnMyWeigh464
    OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I was still fairly out of shape when I did my first 5K run and it had just freshly snowed, and there were hills that I didn't know about so I wasn't prepared so I was pretty slow...almost 48 minutes...I plan on doing another one to beat that time but I have to get my knees and ankles just a bit more stronger...
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    My first 5K race was just under 40 min in Sept 2009 the same race a year later 26:46. If you're looking at doing around 30 minutes for your first 5K that's outstanding.

That's a pretty big progression. Nice job.
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    My first was 1 month into Couch to 5K and I did, 38:41. My second was after C25K was over and it was 26:50. Third was 28:40.
    I am looking to do one in the next month or so. Justto see where I stand now.I have now been running for 8 months.
  • tngfordisney
    Options
    I was very nervous about doing a race so I just signed up for one and walked it. Just to get the first time jitters out of the way. 48 mins was my time. I am now going to train for a 5k and see how I do.
  • huizenm
    huizenm Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I did my first in 29:46. I told my husband if I made it under 30 I would buy a new pair of nice running shoes. :) I'm running my first 10K in 23 days! :)
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Mine was 32:15, 2nd was 30:59.

Good luck to you! The adrenaline will keep you going, and remember to have fun!
  • DawnMarieMomofTwo
    DawnMarieMomofTwo Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    AWESOME Times everyone you all are getting me so excited for my run, thanks for all the responces!
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I'm running my first 10K in 23 days! :)

Good luck to you! Mine first 10K is in 16 days. :flowerforyou:
  • zoominzozo
    zoominzozo Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    32 mins, then I did the same race last year in 27:34, I'm hoping for <25mins this year!
  • lorierin22
    lorierin22 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I've done 3 or 4 5ks over the last few years but I've yet to be able to run the whole thing. I did not really do any "training" prior to those so I'm hoping this Saturday will be my first one that I run the whole thing. (fingers crossed!) My times with jogging/walking the first few range from 38-42 minutes, so I am hoping to beat my 38 minute time. Good luck to you on your first 5K! How exciting! I wish I could have run my first one all the way through! 31 minutes is an excellent time!
  • BurkeshireFarms
    BurkeshireFarms Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I did a small one at the local university.

Shocked myself - Time: 25:16 / Pace: 8:08 / 25th overall (25/177) / 2nd in my age group.
  • runningfromzombies
    runningfromzombies Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    29:35.

I'd been running for about 4 months, and finished C25K about a month prior to my first 5K.
  • primalchaos
    primalchaos Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hello Lovely MFP peps. in a little over a week i will be running my first 5k im very new to running so im extreamly nervious about it... my goal is to just finish, and not to walk any of it... Ive been practicing a 3 mile run lately and i can complete it in just under 31 minutes. which to me i know isnt the fastest, but it is totally awesome because on the tredmill it took me over 40 minutes just a short 3 weeks ago.

im curious to see what all of your first 5k run time's were. did you enjoy it? how long had you been running before you signed up?

Thanks in advance for any responces :happy:

29:59 on St Patricks day 2012
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    My very first was run in January 2011 and I did it in 41 minutes.

My last 5k I ran in February was done in 35:08.

Slowly but surely seeing improvement.
  • maryduggins
    maryduggins Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I just started running this year (in January I couldn't even run a quarter mile... I'm VERY new to running) but I stuck with it and I ran my first 5k a few weeks ago in 33.20, then my second in 33.17.

I can finally run 6 miles!!! I'm so excited to run a 10k!!! (:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I came from a sprinting background so endurance was not my strong suit, the first 5k time that I remember would have been in 2008 around 24min
  • acathbee
    acathbee Posts: 6
    Options
    27.52mins get some Florence and the Machine and Destiny's Child on your iPod and ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! :)
  • beccci91
    beccci91 Posts: 214
    Options
    I can't remember very well...I think it was 49 minutes, it was a long time ago.