WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST 5K RUN TIME

Replies

• SkettiGurl
    SkettiGurl Posts: 186 Member
    My first 5K in 5 years was last friday and I completed 8 weeks of training for it. I had to stop and walk 3 times because I was SO hot! I ran it in 35:13 which I was really pleased with. I have a 10km in a week and a half and I'm hoping to complete that in 75 minutes but we'll see, as long as I finish I'll be happy! LOL!

I still have 20lbs to lose but I'm just starting to really enjoy running. I have another 5km in June so I'm hoping to get an under 30 min run in with no walking!

Good luck!
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,385 Member
    My first and only was in November for a friend's fundraiser. I didn't take it seriously and was with friends pushing babies in strollers. We stopped for a garage sale and I Facebooked on the way. I think they stopped the clock about an hour in... and we may or may not have taken a wrong turn and crossed the finish line from the backside.
    I'm not proud.
    :wink:
  • Duckz1
    Duckz1 Posts: 145 Member
    My first one was last weekend and I ran it in 28:42! I was soooo pleased. I started training about six months prior and all my training runs were much slower - more like 32 minutes. I'm pretty competitive though :)
  • bholmes21
    bholmes21 Posts: 59 Member
    About 31 mins. You can do it!! :)
  • carolann_22
    carolann_22 Posts: 364 Member
    My first race was a 6K, and I did it in 33:30. I was happy with it, I am NOT a fast runner by any means.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    My first 5K was in 2005. I had been running, albeit inconsistently, for about 18 months. I ran 27:56, which was about 3 minutes faster than anything I had done in training. There is definitely race day adrenaline.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    My first 5K was last Saturday, and I ran it in 33.19...ran the entire way, and had a blast.
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    I ran my first 5K in 28:40. I was running it in 31 minutes on the treadmill right before the race. They say with all the adrenaline on race day u can average about a minute off each mile so u should easily run in in under 30 min. Good luck!! They are so fun. :)
  • lizo11
    lizo11 Posts: 58 Member
    My first race is in three and a half weeks. I will be 2 weeks done with Couch to 5K program. My goal for the two weeks in between is just to see if I can get my time down. Good luck!
  • Nigerianebony
    Nigerianebony Posts: 182 Member
    I ran my first 5K in 28:40. I was running it in 31 minutes on the treadmill right before the race. They say with all the adrenaline on race day u can average about a minute off each mile so u should easily run in in under 30 min. Good luck!! They are so fun. :)

You are so totally right. My first 5k was 24:53. But i took me 28 minutes on the treadmill.
  • ludgerclay
    ludgerclay Posts: 95 Member
    First 5k was in 2004 with a time of 31:53. I thought I was going to die going up the last hill. It was the first time I ran that far without a walking break. (since then I've completed three 100 mile races and I still run slow)
  • DawnMarieMomofTwo
    DawnMarieMomofTwo Posts: 186 Member
    I did a small one at the local university.

Shocked myself - Time: 25:16 / Pace: 8:08 / 25th overall (25/177) / 2nd in my age group.

AMAZING TIME for your first race WOW!!
  • DawnMarieMomofTwo
    You are well on your way to blowing us all out of the water so don't be nervous you will be FANTASTIC! My first 5k I'm also a new(er) runner was 32:38. And your goal was my EXACT goal also...... I didn't want to walk any of it...well till I was actually running it then I was like that was stupid goal..I wanna walk. ;) You know how the mind plays tricks on us. I didn't walk and I did finish. yay! Update us please when you have your race time. :)

lol.. you crack me up! and thank you i hope i do fantastic!! i will for sure update you all after the 29th (race day) :wink:
  • DawnMarieMomofTwo
    A miserable 48:18...
    hey you DID IT thats what matters :bigsmile:
  • My first was around 33 minutes and the last one I ran was 18 minutes 47 seconds.
  • DawnMarieMomofTwo
    First 5k was in 2004 with a time of 31:53. I thought I was going to die going up the last hill. It was the first time I ran that far without a walking break. (since then I've completed three 100 mile races and I still run slow)

amazing! thanks for the inspiration!
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    My first 5K was about a month after I started running. In June of 2010, I couldn't run a mile. In July, I did a 5K in 34:33. My best time is just under 23 minutes.
    Good luck with yours!
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    My first was around 33 minutes and the last one I ran was 18 minutes 47 seconds.
    Wow! That's an outstanding time!
  • DawnMarieMomofTwo
    My first was around 33 minutes and the last one I ran was 18 minutes 47 seconds.
    Wow! That's an outstanding time!

agreed thats amazing!!