was he asking me on a date?

Options

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I went to the driving range and one of the instructors were out there. When he got done with his appointment, he started chatting with me. He falls into instructor mode and he's working with me on my swing and stuff.

After awhile, he says "so, i'd really like to work with you again. but you should make an appointment later in the day so we can drink some beers together. that's allowed."

was he just trying to get me as a client? he was ~really~ cute so i wouldn't think that he would actually have to seek out female companionship.

Didn't have the balls to ask you out, but that was his intent. Might be a little cheap too.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    This is typical "golf pro" behavior. I highly doubt that facility condones fraternizing with prospective clients in such a way. Be very weary. You may have a sexual harassment case in your future.

i think you may be right. should i take a camera with me next time?
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    if you have to wonder if he's asking, he's not worth your time IMO

He needs to man up and just effing ask. You're a grown, beautiful woman and deserve a REAL man who has the BALLS to ask you properly

I'd say pass

but he was ~really~ cute. i don't want to miss out.

Just go for it. what do you have to lose? But make sure you get your money's worth :P
  • doyledozo
    doyledozo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    This is typical "golf pro" behavior. I highly doubt that facility condones fraternizing with prospective clients in such a way. Be very weary. You may have a sexual harassment case in your future.

I would, his wife would probably like to know what he's up to.
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    if hes cute, then go for it.... but if he starts offering to show you his ball bag... then worry
  • Candi8099
    Candi8099 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'd go for it! Gotta live right? Even if it's just for fun. :devil: Girls have fun too! Ha-ha
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Oh, wait a minute... Is that why everyone is making putter and ball comments? Like, comparing male genitalia to golf equipment? It was a golf driving range? Oh, my.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

Only if you hide it in your cleavage.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    if hes cute, then go for it.... but if he starts offering to show you his ball bag... then worry

I wouldn't worry too much about ball bags, now tea bags on the other hand are another subject all together.
  • dreawest
    dreawest Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Driving range? Are you 16? Please keep in mind that MFP is for adults. If you are a minor, regardless if you are about to get your driver's license, you should not be using MFP.

*snort* stop it. just stop...

lol, both at the initail comment and your brilliant response
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're interested in seeing his birdie.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Driving range? Are you 16? Please keep in mind that MFP is for adults. If you are a minor, regardless if you are about to get your driver's license, you should not be using MFP.

OMFG please get out of this thread. Driving as in golf. Wow.
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I would just say.... how about I come and hit a few balls later in the day close to when you can have a few beers ? and leave it at that....the minute you start handing him money and then he starts hanging out with you makes it kinda uncomfotable....

I am sure that you don't need swing lessons..... you would probably just prefer to have a few beers with him instead ;)
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options

??

Smh....
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options

Lmfao. I just had the same response.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Lmfao. I just had the same response.
    I don't understand all of your acronyms, but after seeing the comments comparing golf equipment to male genitals, I realized it was a golf driving range.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're interested in seeing his birdie.

Can't imagine taking a guy seriously that referred to any part of his body as a "birdie"
  • doyledozo
    doyledozo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You may want to speak to someone in the main office and make sure this is approved behavior. He may have other complaints pending.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    ok, hold on! you can play golf sober?

I've ether been doing it wrong all these years, or I've been doing it sooooo right :drinker:

and it's a pre date. the whole lets grab a drink and see how loose you are, type of date. you're so sheltered :tongue:
  • fitJoce
    fitJoce Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    You may want to speak to someone in the main office and make sure this is approved behavior. He may have other complaints pending.
    Honestly, I don't think it's harrassment. He was just hinting that she make her next appointment later in the day so that they could go have beer's together afterwards. He's probably a young guy, and he hasn't learned how to ask a girl out properly yet. No harm in seeing if your next lesson leads to beers afterwards, but after that I would back off and let him ask you out to dinner the proper way.