Ideal weight for 5'5''- 5'6''

Options
I'm sure this type of question has been asked a million times over but I can't seem to find it, so excuse me for it's annoying self.

I am 5'5 1/2'' and was just wondering what everyone's "ideal" weight was for this height. And if you don't mind, what size pants you want to wear :)

Replies

• fahn27
    fahn27 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and currently weigh 144 (SW was 156) and I wear a size 9 pants. My goal weight is to be somewhere between 135-130, and i would love to fit comfortably in a size 6/8
  • chrissvdh02
    Options
    i want to know too!
  • BCKS
    BCKS Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and 130 is the perfect weight for me and I'd wear a size 6 pants at that weight. I've had size 4 dresses/skirts, too.
    I once got down into the 120's, but that was too skinny for me appearance wise and too difficult to maintain.
  • alisont91
    alisont91 Posts: 54
    Options
    I'm the same height as you! My goal weight is 132.
    CW: 139
    SW: 153

Right now I wear a size 8/9 and I want to fit comfortably in 8's. 10's are a little loose on me, but i can wear them if it's necessary (since i own some old 10's from before i lost weight)
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"5 and am about 113 pounds, aiming for 110. it might sound low, but I have an incredibly petite structure.

So an 'ideal' weight definitely depends on your body type.
  • icrant
    icrant Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    According to WHO, a healthy weight for you is ... 110-150lbs!. So, 130lbs would be ... "ideal".
  • WildflowerAL
    WildflowerAL Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I weigh between 118-123 (I fluctuate about 5 lbs--depending on my training). I wear a 0 or 2 --- sometimes a 4 (depending on style and fit).

I have found that this is a comfortable weight for me to maintain without feeling like I 'can't' eat things I want.
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and 3/4s of an inch (Lol!) I weigh 153 and I wear a 6/7 pants.
    My goal right now is 140-145. Don't really care about the size but maybe a 4/5?
  • Zombierawr
    Zombierawr Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Haha. Not going to lie, I don't believe there is an "ideal" weight. There is a range based on your bone structure and height, and even then what really matters is how you feel and how you think you look.

I am also 5'5.5" as well! I am also big framed, so my range that I want is 155-140 lbs. But my main goal is to get fit and muscular. I even debate figuring out the inches I want to be at versus the weight.

Right now I weight under 180 (my weigh in day is technically Sunday, but when I looked at the scaled today I was at 177) an I wear a size 12-14 depending on the pants. Hope that helps? :)
  • bebreli
    bebreli Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 1/2 too and have same goal weight as you 130. I am going to see how I feel when I get there and if I want to try and lose more. As far as pant size it all depends on the brand also depends on if you mean wearing them comfortable or wearing them to go out ;o)
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", 183lbs and wear a size 10jean. My goal at the moment is 170 but I may reassess when I get there. I had about 134lbs in lean mass in January and am lifting to increase the lean and decrease the body fat so once I go for another body fat test in June I hope to get a better idea of where to end up. I am a big fan of hydrostatic body fat testing! It's so concrete and makes figuring out what is reasonable for your body so much easier. I have friends who are at a similar height to me but weight much less and wear bigger sizes....it's all about body composition!
  • fit4life130
    Options
    I am the same height as you. My weight is currently up through the winter. I joined myfitnesspal today & my weight is 143.4. I know it is not the worst...but I honestly feel better when I weigh 130lbs. My pant size @ that weight is size 6 and/or waist size 28 or 29.
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    It depends on how you carry weight, how muscular you are and your frame. At 5'5 and 136 with a small frame, I am overly curvy. I do put on muscle a little easier than some, though. My current goal is 125, after which I will re evaluate. In the past, 122-125 has been a good place for me. I've gotten down to 117 before, but I think it's too small for me at this point and just not sustainable.

Edited to add- my pants are between a 4 and a 6 right now. Some 4s are a little tight, but most of the 6s are too baggy.
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    I'm 5' 5.5" also. I currently weigh 115 and want to go down to 105-106. I was shooting for 110, but I don't think my tummy will be as flat and as toned as I want it to be at that weight, so now I'm shooting a little lower. I'm doing Insanity currently and if I get the look I want before I get to that weight, then I'll stop at whatever that might be. I, like Nickyfm, have incredibly small bone structure. My engagement ring is a size 4 and still slides around on my finger.

Edit: Oh ya, current pant size is 7, but they are getting pretty baggy. Will be down to a 5 soon.
  • Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    im 5'5 my ideal weight is suppose to be 135-150 but as a mom i would be happy to get to 170!
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    5'6.5" and fluctuate between 135 - 140 lbs. (If I remember correctly, I'm right smack in the middle of the healthy BMI range.) I wear anything from a size 2 (rarely) to a size 4 or 6, depending on the brand.

Honestly though, I used to be a few pounds heavier and a size 6/8 and I didn't feel like I was "overweight" at all. The only reason that I decided to drop a few pounds was/is because I'm training for marathons and wanted to be lighter to see if I could get a better race time than before.
  • kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I am a tad over 5'6", currently weigh 141 lbs. and wear size 4 - 6. I maintained 138 for about 5 years and
    I suspect it is going to be tough to maintain anything lower than that, but I'm shooting for 135. At that point I imagine I'll be a solid size 4.
  • XpeargrlX
    XpeargrlX Posts: 21
    Options
    I am 5'6" and weigh 135. I wear a size 9. My ideal weight would be 130-125 and a size 7.
  • taryn_09
    taryn_09 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    im 5'4 and 3/4's so lets round up :D
    haha, im at about 112 right now.
    looking to probably maintain it. started at 99 (bad bad past) heaviest was 125 didnt like it though im not "big" boned and all that so being on the lower end for my height doesnt look bad, && even with the 13 pound gain im still around a size 2-4 (american eagle, hollister are what i wear).
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Wow. What an amazing response! Thanks ladies!!

Yeah, I have a bigger "bone structure", but the lowest I have been (and goal) is to be around 125 lbs. and back in a size 4. But then gain like 5 lbs of "muscle weight". :) I am also very curvy with no muscle at all.. Lol