Ideal weight for 5'5''- 5'6''

Options

Replies

• JGainingHealth
    JGainingHealth Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'6" and I fluctuate between 125-130lbs... but honestly I rarely weigh myself - I use my clothes as measuring tools :) Scales are deceiving torture devices. I have a small/muscular build and wear mostly size 2, sometimes 4. I'm pretty happy at this weight, I just joined MFP to get back on track with eating balanced, nutrient-dense meals.
  • Cheval13
    Cheval13 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    A lot like the above poster. I'm 5'5.75'' and my current weight is 125. This is my goal weight, but I had a period of surgeon ordered non-activity, so I've lost some muscle. I'm fitting comfortably into my size 2/4s, and s/xs shirts, but they begin to feel tight at 128 lbs, 20% body fat, and I've lost muscle definition (it's at 21%) so when I'm allowed to exercise again, I will see what my weight gets up to. I look my best at 123 lbs, 18% body fat, so that's my goal.
    As a reference, my wrist is about 5.5 inches, so I am small framed but athletic.

edited for spelling.
  • BrokenCowgirl
    BrokenCowgirl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and weigh 146 pounds. My pants size varies depending on brand but usually an 8 sometimes a 6. I think the ideal weight for me would be 128 pounds. I don't really care about the pant size. Since i carry most of my weight in my stomach and have hardly any hips, I am more concerned about getting my waist measurements down rather than pants size. I would love to have a nice toned stomach.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and 130 is the perfect weight for me and I'd wear a size 6 pants at that weight. I've had size 4 dresses/skirts, too.
    I once got down into the 120's, but that was too skinny for me appearance wise and too difficult to maintain.

My answer would be almost identical to this
  • Cmac4500
    Cmac4500 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and I fluctuate between 117-120 pounds right now. I set my "goal" at 115 because I was 113 pounds through most of my 20's and felt good at that weight (and I have a small frame).

Now that I am under 120 pounds, I feel pretty good where I am, though, so I am no longer trying very hard to lose that last 5 pounds ... I more just want to tone and build muscle.

It is hard to say what size I am because I have pants in size 4, size 2, and even one size 0 (thanks to vanity sizing). But I think size 4 is probably accurate. I wear a size 26 in Seven jeans and my hips are 34.5 inches (sometimes fluctuate back up to 35 inches). My thighs are too big for most size 2's, though.
  • gilberts3
    gilberts3 Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm 5ft5in and my goal weight is 144 lbs and my pants size is 10
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I'm the same height and was about 140 at my highest. I have always been pretty fit so this was big for me. I am at 134 right now and aiming for about 127. I have a medium frame but I do tend to "muscle up" when working out. I'm ok with that and so I'm not focused on my weight so much as how I look. I wear a size 6 pants most of the time and that's perfect!
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"5.5 and have weighed everywhere between 170 and 116. I'm currently 131 but I have put on a fair amount of muscle this year. I'm a size 4ish and not completely sure where I want to be. I'm trying to focus more on measurements like keeping my waist at 26, etc.
  • Guinevere117
    Guinevere117 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and weight 114 lbs. I wear between 5 and 7.
  • spiffybarbarella1
    Options
    I am 5'6" and my ideal weight is 125 lbs and a size 4.
    I am very athletic, so I have a low body fat percentage which makes a difference to size. Even at 135 a size 6 is loose on me.
  • MommyB_Lose40
    Options
    I'm 5' 5.5" in and weigh about 154lbs. 26 yrs old. I have a small frame, so I'm about a size 10. 11 falls off of me and I can't button 9's. My goal weight is 119lbs but that's like highschool weight. I remember being 138 and much happier than I am now. I would feel good at 138-128.
  • mkulz
    Options
    Im 5'6 and I weight 115
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5.5" and currently 137, size 6 pants and 25% bodyfat...I am also pear shaped. Crunching rough numbers I would like to lose about 5-7lbs of fat (3-2% BF)...and hope it all comes from my hips...I already went from a D cup to a barely B cup :(

Bodyfat has so much to do with "ideal weight". Someone the same frame and weight could look totally different based on how much lean mass they have.
  • Bubbles9416
    Options
    I'm a little shorter than 5'5, but close. Anyways I currently weigh 142 lbs and wear size 4/5 pants well jeans at most places. I really want to get under 130 lbs, but it depends on your body structure.
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Im 5"5 and weight 141-142 at the moment, my goal is around 120lbs as I can get to around 115lbs or so and maintain on around 2000cal a day which is my goal as that is just right to me. Im on medication at the moment and the side effect for me has been weight loss and appetite loss and extra energy lol so 2000cals will be hard to reach at the moment!
    Im a uk size 10 at the moment and aiming for an 8 in my favourite shops
  • hopeskim
    hopeskim Posts: 1
    Options
    I am 5'5 and I weigh 123 pounds
  • AnchoredinHimfitness
    Options
    I do not have an ideal number. I just base my goals in the body type I'm shooting for.
  • Sora4ever
    Sora4ever Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'5 and a half inches. I'm not sure if there is an ideal weight because everyone is different. My goal is to get anywhere between 120 lbs and 135 lbs. I'll see where I feel most comfortable when that time comes, and that will be my ideal weight. I'm also really curvy so I'm not sure how that will factor into my weight. As for pant sizes, I'd like to comfortably fit into a single digit size of 9 or less.
  • taytaylynn3
    taytaylynn3 Posts: 601
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and currently weight 137 at a size 3-4 in pants. However, i am looking to get down to about 115.
  • mikenna_sterr
    Options
    im 5'5 and i weigh around 95-105. i wear a size 00-1 depending on the fit, style, etc.(: