Negative Calorie Foods

So I keep hearing about these "negative" calories foods and from what I understand that means it takes more calories for you to eat the food then is actually in the food?? Is that right?? If so I ate some Starbursts last night and those take an awful lot of effort and energy to chew.... would they be a negative calorie food?! Thanks for your help everyone! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    That is what it means, but there's no such thing as negative calorie food. The ones that even approach zero calories are things like celery. Definitely not CANDY.
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    I heard skittle are negative calorie too. Don't worry, you can eat all the starbursts you want.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    I heard if you eat two at a time you burn double the calories from all the chewing. So really you can eat twice as many! Score!
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    HeelsAndBoxingGloves Posts: 916 Member
    I heard if you eat two at a time you burn double the calories from all the chewing. So really you can eat twice as many! Score!

Score!!! You're a genius!!!
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    I heard skittle are negative calorie too. Don't worry, you can eat all the starbursts you want.

ahhh I like skittles too! yummy!
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Yep, chew away, sweetheart!

:flowerforyou:
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    tumblr_m29u0frGdP1r4zr2vo1_500.gif
  • nerdyandilikeit
    That is what it means, but there's no such thing as negative calorie food. The ones that even approach zero calories are things like celery. Definitely not CANDY.

Oh please. Like people who like celery even eat candy.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    I believe the only negative calorie candy is Now Or Laters. Those things are tough. I through in two or three to do a superset.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    If so I ate some Starbursts last night and those take an awful lot of effort and energy to chew.... would they be a negative calorie food?! Thanks for your help everyone! :flowerforyou:

This only works if you run at a fast pace while chewing.
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    tumblr_m29u0frGdP1r4zr2vo1_500.gif

edit - the picture didn't work right on my phone so it just looked like the owl was staring me down! funny picture thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    So I keep hearing about these "negative" calories foods and from what I understand that means it takes more calories for you to eat the food then is actually in the food?? Is that right?? If so I ate some Starbursts last night and those take an awful lot of effort and energy to chew.... would they be a negative calorie food?! Thanks for your help everyone! :flowerforyou:

The common misconception is that the foods themselves are negative calorie. What most don't realise is that they only become negative calorie with the addition of a quality syrup of ipecac supplement. You can get this at most health stores.
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    I heard that the more you chew them, the more weight you lose.
  • nerdyandilikeit

The common misconception is that the foods themselves are negative calorie. What most don't realise is that they only become negative calorie with the addition of a quality syrup of ipecac supplement. You can get this at most health stores.

That's a great tip! Thanks!
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves

Good to know! Thanks for the tip!
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    I heard that the more you chew them, the more weight you lose.

#win!
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Yep, chew away, sweetheart!

:flowerforyou:

all I ever need is your approval :wink:
  • TxAlpha
    TxAlpha Posts: 180 Member
    Chewing gum speeds up your metabolism....... #truestory
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    I hear cheesecake is a negative calorie food.
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member

Oh please. Like people who like celery even eat candy.

EXACTLY!!! ROFL