Negative Calorie Foods

Options

Replies

• morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    So I keep hearing about these "negative" calories foods and from what I understand that means it takes more calories for you to eat the food then is actually in the food?? Is that right?? If so I ate some Starbursts last night and those take an awful lot of effort and energy to chew.... would they be a negative calorie food?! Thanks for your help everyone! :flowerforyou:
    If you eat standing up, the calories don't count!
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    HeelsAndBoxingGloves Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    So I keep hearing about these "negative" calories foods and from what I understand that means it takes more calories for you to eat the food then is actually in the food?? Is that right?? If so I ate some Starbursts last night and those take an awful lot of effort and energy to chew.... would they be a negative calorie food?! Thanks for your help everyone! :flowerforyou:

That is the most awesome fact I've ever learned!! *kicks chair* :drinker:
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    Chewing gum speeds up your metabolism....... #truestory

I wish I was allowed to chew gum :sad:
  • honestlysweet
    honestlysweet Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    This has to be a joke. No one is this stupid!
  • JoeSzup
    JoeSzup Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    There is such a thing as negative calories...

Eat a pickle.... then do 30 minutes on the elliptical trainer! Negative calorie food! :P
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

Insulting people is against the TOS. You have been warned.
  • LPS1986
    LPS1986 Posts: 104
    Options

At first, I thought this was a serious thread. I was going to post a serious response. Then, I read the others and thought "No way, this deserves a...wait, are they for real? Starbursts?" I was SO consumed by the fact that I was like "People actually believe this..." and then realized...I feel gullible. Not about the starbursts, but the fact that I initially believed the responses are real...

...this is a silly thread, right? I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings... :wink:
  • hookandy
    hookandy Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'd heard that broken biscuits dont count either
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Yep sure, when you chew the starbursts they glue your teeth together and therefore you can eat no more! Perfect.
  • signgrrrl
    signgrrrl Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    lol
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    So far as I'm concerned Chocolate is a negative calorie food, and I dare anyone to tell me different.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Nothing counts if no one sees you eating it. At least that's what I always heard.
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options

FYI - MFP Forum Rules

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    food that's been dropped on the floor is also negative calorie

the velocity of the air rushing past the food causes a minute friction that sucks the calories out of the food item and into the surrounding air

the impact of the food on the floor flattens the mollecules of the food, which makes it impossible for the calories to suck back into the item from the air

so if you hold your breath and obey the 5 second rule

it's calorie free
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Chewing gum speeds up your metabolism....... #truestory
    Yes, that is true. 20 minutes 3 times a day before lunch. Not sure why the time matters but they said it does. I guess I'll eat even less when I have no teeth. lol
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    food that's been dropped on the floor is also negative calorie

the velocity of the air rushing past the food causes a minute friction that sucks the calories out of the food item and into the surrounding air

the impact of the food on the floor flattens the mollecules of the food, which makes it impossible for the calories to suck back into the item from the air

so if you hold your breath and obey the 5 second rule

it's calorie free

Pure genius!! :drinker:
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options

This is *exactly* the sort of parroted misinformation which gets my blood boiling.

You have to eat standing on your head for inverted (or "negative") calories.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I hear cheesecake is a negative calorie food.
    Yes, it is because it takes calories for me to pick it up and drop it in the trash. That **** is nasty! How do you people enjoy eating that trash?! Ice cream cake trumps all.
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options

This is *exactly* the sort of parroted misinformation which gets my blood boiling.

You have to eat standing on your head for inverted (or "negative") calories.

Oh crap! I guess I better learn to stand how my head!
  • Annette8479
    Annette8479 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    i wish this was all real. =\