Negative Calorie Foods

Options

Replies

• HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    HeelsAndBoxingGloves Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I hear cheesecake is a negative calorie food.
    Yes, it is because it takes calories for me to pick it up and drop it in the trash. That **** is nasty! How do you people enjoy eating that trash?! Ice cream cake trumps all.
    Hey now! Just because you don't like it you don't have to be mean! And don't waste it by throwing it away! Send it to me.
  • flobeedoodle
    flobeedoodle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Posts need to be "delete-able".
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is because it takes calories for me to pick it up and drop it in the trash. That **** is nasty! How do you people enjoy eating that trash?! Ice cream cake trumps all.

Everytime I eat cheesecake, it puts my calories into the negative. Little red -
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    So I keep hearing about these "negative" calories foods and from what I understand that means it takes more calories for you to eat the food then is actually in the food?? Is that right?? If so I ate some Starbursts last night and those take an awful lot of effort and energy to chew.... would they be a negative calorie food?! Thanks for your help everyone! :flowerforyou:
    If you eat standing up, the calories don't count!

This is *exactly* the sort of parroted misinformation which gets my blood boiling.

You have to eat standing on your head for inverted (or "negative") calories.

Oh crap! I guess I better learn to stand how my head!

*adds new goal to list*
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Ipecac that will get you negative calories.
  • beabelieve
    beabelieve Posts: 112
    Options
    I heard if you eat two at a time you burn double the calories from all the chewing. So really you can eat twice as many! Score!
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    This has to be a joke. No one is this stupid!

My thoughts exactly! lol
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Yes, this is true! Just be careful if you have any fillings or crowns in your teeth, because starbursts and other negative calorie chewy candy are more likely to make them fall out.

While they may be negative calorie, they also have a negative affect on your bank account if such a thing were to occur.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    i wish this was all real. =\

It IS real! It's on the interweb!
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    So I keep hearing about these "negative" calories foods and from what I understand that means it takes more calories for you to eat the food then is actually in the food?? Is that right?? If so I ate some Starbursts last night and those take an awful lot of effort and energy to chew.... would they be a negative calorie food?! Thanks for your help everyone! :flowerforyou:
    If you eat standing up, the calories don't count!

This is *exactly* the sort of parroted misinformation which gets my blood boiling.

You have to eat standing on your head for inverted (or "negative") calories.

Oh crap! I guess I better learn to stand how my head!

Just be care OK? Make sure you have a spotter.

Also, Starbursts come pre-inverted. So if you eat those standing on your head, you get double inversion and that leads to positive calories!

Save double inversion events for other times.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options

Go here and change the calories to a higher number. Voila, fixed!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_custom
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options

Nah, just change it in the food database to be lower and piss off all the people that want to use that entry later. All the anger burns extra calories, so you're really doing them a service.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

My thoughts exactly! lol

Reported for violation of the TOU. No insulting other users.
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options

My thoughts exactly! lol

:drinker: to you! Thanks for watchin' out
  • newbeetler
    newbeetler Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Chocolate that is given to you is free

So all those easter eggs the easter bunny brought don't count :o)
  • doorki
    Options

My thoughts exactly! lol

:drinker: to you! Thanks for watchin' out

We have to keep these boards clean and wholesome.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    We have to keep these boards clean and wholesome.
    LMFAO!!!! GOOOOOOOOD luck with that.
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    Chocolate that is given to you is free

So all those easter eggs the easter bunny brought don't count :o)

I must have been bad or something since the Easter bunny didn't come this year. :-(
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options

Nah, just change it in the food database to be lower and piss off all the people that want to use that entry later. All the anger burns extra calories, so you're really doing them a service.

Lol! And this is why we're friends!
  • doorki
    Options

THAT WAS YOU!?!?!?!?!