What's some advice you would tell your 16 year old self ?

Options

Replies

• Daisy_Cutter
    Options
    .... don't let mom talk you out of becoming an archeologist. You'll regret it for the rest of your life!

Your divorce won't kill you.... so don't have crazy thoughts!

Other than that, you're going to have some ups and downs.... try to stay fit. Life is the best roller-coaster ride of them all.

Love, Me

PS. take you girls to Disney Land earlier than you did -- they'll be in heaven!
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I am 16 :laugh:

Then read what people are telling themselves... and don't make the same mistakes. You only get one chance to get it right.
    Enjoy life!.. you do get more than one chance to get it right... I'm nearly 50 and I've had a rollercoaster ride... but that's life!

Just keep away from the candy!!! :bigsmile:
  • TNTwedell
    TNTwedell Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Buy Apple.

My 16 year old self knew this :)

Brilliant & Jealous!
  • AmateurSurgeon
    Options
    Dear me,

be glad that ***** wasn't in to you cause she ended up as a druggie and is probly being ****ed by some old guy as we speak.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Don't drink so much in college.

Pick up the phone when your mom calls you during Super Bowl '09.
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Buy Apple.

My 16 year old self knew this :)

So did mine ;)

However, Dear 16 Year old Me...
    Ignore that "cute" boy playing Prince Charming in Cinderella this spring...he's TROUBLE and will try to do more than you're ready for and you'll end up going to the sheriff's department interrogation rooms because of him because you're standing up for yourself and a friend. Forget the ex that cheated on you...also not worth it. He's gonna have a kid in 4 years anyway and not even speak to you...and he got ugly anyway. Focus on Kyle, because he's going to be the one to love you unconditionally, no matter what happens. Oh, and whatever you do, DON'T quit running! It's foolish and makes you gain a ton of weight because you'll decide that it's ok to eat like a pig and not exercise. You love to run, so do it. Enlist in the Air Force ROTC, because you'll regret not doing it later, because the future you regrets it a lot. Drop Chelsea like a hot rock, and do it now, before she tries to break you and Kyle up because she's a jealous witch. Don't bother with Shea either, because you won't speak to her after high school ends. You'll fight with Megan, but she'll turn out the best friend you could ever ask for :) Oh, and Nicky dies on July 30, 2011 around 9:30pm, so be ready for it. It sucks. Or, treat the cancer you wouldn't otherwise know she has until she colics on you the night before your EMT test (which you pass). I'm telling you now, so you can treat it and hopefully keep her longer.
    You've got a good thing going, so keep it up. You'll get academic honors without taking trig/pre calc or a second AP class, so no worries there ;) Enjoy high school, and don't forget...AIR FORCE! Embrace high school, because college is no picnic. You'll hate Ball State if you don't enlist in the Air Force, so listen to me one more time...enlist!
    Love,
    20 year old, overweight (but not for long!) Me
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I would tell you not to marry that preppy jerk because he is going to leave you for one of your friends but if I did you would miss out on the most wonderful little boys in the world. I don't want you to change anything because I want him to leave you. There is someone so much better that will not only be your best friend but will give you a treasure of a little girl. Don't change anything! You're going to love your life :)
  • MrsSamB
    MrsSamB Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I'd change anything. I made some gnarly mistakes, but if I wouldn't have made those mistakes, I wouldn't have my kids.

Sure it was rough, but IMO well worth it. :smile:

Love it.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me

You have a rocking hot body, don't be so worried you are unattractive and be happy, confident and live your life,

Don't think that you can change him, he will be an a3shole for 20 years

Your Mum is your best friend ever, tell her every day, spend more time with her

Your Dad is a lying sack of **** who will let you down and hurt you more than you ever thought possible, don't think he is your hero, see him for what he is and it won't hurt so very much.

All the good ones are in Canada, go there
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me,

Start eating now! You are creating a horrible habit of not eating and it could catch up with you in your 50's.
    Go to the doctor once in a while, they may not all be bad.
    Don't change anything else though, it all got you to here. For the most part, your life is good.

Love,
    Stef
  • ginamc04
    ginamc04 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    The guys you think are nerds are the guys you'll want to marry!

Go to the gym instead of drinking & partying!

Eat healthy-your body will not keep the same shape for very long!

STUDY!
  • MMKE4ever
    MMKE4ever Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me,

Stay away from school lunches. They are crap. When you go to college, don't date guys just cuz they like you and finish college! Don't marry the guy your family doesn't like. There is a reason they don't like him. He will treat you like a child and will think you don't take care of your future children well. When you get married to the right guy, don't have children right away. You need time for you and your spouse. Make sure and get a bachelor's degree so you can get a good job and not depend on your husband all the time.

Sincerly,
    Your future self
  • ShanR77
    ShanR77 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 yr old me...

BANG THEM ALL

I was waiting for someone to say that :laugh:
  • ShanR77
    ShanR77 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Yes, everyone is stupid and no, you are not special. Go to school and pay attention.

P.S. Yes, you're bisexual. Stop denying it and have fun with your life. Your parents won't mind.

:flowerforyou:
  • TheNewDoug
    Options
    Dear 16 year old self,
    3/30/2012 2,4,23,38,46 and 23.
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me,
    Hang in there sweetie because it's gonna be one helluva ride...but worth it. The things that you see happening around you that you KNOW deep down inside are wrong? They ARE wrong, no matter what anyone says. Trust your gut and speak it outloud. Yes, they WILL hate you over it, but you really will be okay without them.

PS~you don't NEED anyone. I know that's scary to come to terms with, but you really can take care of yourself. Don't be afraid!

Oh and be yourself, because you're already good enough as is.
  • azazelrabbit
    Options
    /awkward.

Hello, 16 year old me.
    You were awesome, and you never realised it.
    But now you can see just how it was. Couple of tips that you will never follow.
    > Don't say something without thinking about it. You will definitaly regret it.
    > ////. You can't change it now, but I wish you'd stopped to think.
    > Stop eating so much goddamn food!
    > Caitlin is also awesome, as much as she annoys you.
    Have a good uni, because it really is good.
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old self,
    3/30/2012 2,4,23,38,46 and 23.

^Best. Response. EVER.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Don't have sex, it's not worth it!
  • springseternal
    springseternal Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me,

You only have one more year with your mother. Make it count.