What's some advice you would tell your 16 year old self ?

Options

Replies

• itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Hey, just live life and enjoy it. don't sweat it that your parents basically left you alone to raise yourself from the age of 13, you can make your own decisions and you don't need some guy to come along and marry you so that you have a family. Get a job, stand up straight and go do your thing. You will grow up to be a brilliant successful woman who is an example to her children.

Don't marry him, play the field and enjoy your youth. Find happiness in yourself and only then will others find happiness with you.

(P.S.) I told my kids this, and I think they are listening.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Everything happens for a purpose.
    The choices you make will have an effect on you and those close to you for the rest of your life.
    ****** Properly use a condom.
    If you THINK you are in love, you are not.
    Don't be afraid to be HAPPY on your own terms, dance, and be alive.
    When you find that one who makes your heart flutter, embrace it. Every "first" kiss should be amazing - laugh, giggle, smile, touch, and enjoy.
    Treat others how you want to be treated, this isn't just a cute little Bible saying.
    Keep an open mind but know what you believe.
    Have a PASSION, then Share it.

ETA: really, though, I like the way my life is starting to take shape... I feel like a lump of clay that is now becoming a work of art. Having a few people to truly laugh with, or fight tears with, until all hours of the night is Amazing!
  • cardiokitten
    cardiokitten Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me,

Friends/boys don't approach you not because you're not pretty or friendship material, but because they're intimidated as ****- you have a naturally "I'm pissed off" facial expression and you're too shy, people take that as you being snotty! Smile more and talk more and people will LOVE you!
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    stop being so nice to girls they don't like that...
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Don't hate yourself so much.
    Also, 80lb is NOT fat. Go eat some food and stop starving yourself.
    I know you are in a deep, dark depression now but if you start exercising you will come out of it! Go for a run!
    Put the razor DOWN. It's not gonna do you any good. And stop trying to attempt suicide, you're worth more than that.
  • slimmergalpal
    slimmergalpal Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Dear me at 16-
    1)Study Less and Drink some ! Common girl, loosen up ! Why you working 2 jobs in high school while your friends are being young and having a life? You will have so many responsibilities in the future, go Party while you can !!!
    2) Do not go into Business Management !! When you become a manager of a major company, it makes you have to fire people that have families and you want to cry each night you go home to yours.
    3) Do not get married to a younger man !!! Just live with him and enjoy the ride while you can =)
    4) Don't forget to take time for yourself.
    me-
  • LiviLou2011
    LiviLou2011 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Dear sixteen year old me

I have no idea what to write..i would probably end up writing a book.
  • wingednotes
    wingednotes Posts: 279
    Options
    Put. The. French fries. Down.
    Try out for a sport - you'll never get another opportunity to be part of an athletic team.
    Travel before you pop out kids.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    You are 5'8" and you weigh 125lbs. Stop thinking you are fat, because you mother tells you that you are fat. In fact, punch the ***** the next time she says it. And coach whatever his name is right, running is fun, go do it.
  • fguillory
    fguillory Posts: 291
    Options
    Dear 16 old self

Do not listen to your aunties, you are beautiful no matter how much you weigh. Don't hide yourself in your room when they or other family members visit because you don't want to hear rude comments. It is your house, your body, if they don't like you then they don't have to be apart of your life.
  • lovinbeinold
    Options
    Dear 16 year old self, do not take life too seriously. Enjoy the moment, and do not worry about the future or fuss about the past. But learn from the past, enjoy the present and look forward to the future, NO MATTER WHAT it brings. To live in the moment means you can enjoy even the very hard times you will encounter. Just LIVE and keep living. Don't shut down. And love yourself along with loving everyone else.

Your Own Self
  • onmywaytoskinny155
    onmywaytoskinny155 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old self

You should have kids at 20 like your friends
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    You're pretty dumb in the future.
    You are NOT fat, but you will be if you keep treating your body that way.
    Don't make a habit out of drinking.
    Date people your own age for God's sake, and stop dating older men.
    (That's going to get you into trouble down the line.)
    Don't take that job at the gym, this will set off a series of events that will result in depression.

And seriously, LOVE yourself.
  • GO_NadZ_xO
    GO_NadZ_xO Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me,

Stop eating. Join a sports team. Make some close friends because you wont have any soon.
    Stay in school, hopefully you can form close friendships there. Dont worry about what other people think. Stop trying so hard, just be yourself. Dont fall in love again. Not yet, live your life for you not for any boy. Because once you start living for someone, its almost impossible to quit.
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Hey 16 year old me,

Eat less. Take a shorter break from swimming, but keep active.
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    16 year old self, you're hurting your mom so stop running away from home, stay in school, and stop trying to get pregnant by your boyfriend. All of which I did:cry: thank God I got myself completely turned around and life for me is blessed. Oh and I wouldn't change having my son for the world (had him when I was 18).
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    no matter what your mom says to you, you are not fat! You are beautiful and have friends who don't care if you're in fashion or not! In fact, you'll spend less money if you're not so concerned about fashion... oh, and ignore the boys. they're not worth the trouble until they're men and even then you have to be careful!
  • angelpie36426
    angelpie36426 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Don't be in such a hurry to grow up. Take advantage of the scholarship you are going to get. Leave home to go to school but don't get married in two years. You don't know who you are yet. Discover yourself!!!! Love your mom but dont let her dictate your life. She does not have to live with the decisions, you do!:grumble:
  • jennkess
    jennkess Posts: 86
    Options
    Dear Me,

start eating healthy now... this naturally skinny thing does not last, and having no idea what is good for your body and never exercising or playing sports will only harm you in the end.

it's okay to think your Mother is wrong----once you figure this out we are much, much happier in life.

it's okay to loosen up and get crazy when you are 21 - otherwise you look like an idiot at 30 when you attempt to overindulge in liquor ( yes people will say " do you think your 21 again!")

and yes, you will find the love of your life, stop stressing about it and enjoy the times you do have, rather than stress if he's the one-

older, maybe wiser YOU
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Someday you will join a theatre message board. Read these words very carefully: avoid Cyclops at ALL costs! Kill if you must. But beware the beast.