What's some advice you would tell your 16 year old self ?

Options

Replies

• Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old self,

I am doing my best to make you love yourself in the future.

I love this one!
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    DROP OUT! High school diploma's are worthless, just start taking classes NOW at the community college, it's closer to you than the high school is anyway! OH and there's no BS "clics" or bully's in college!! If the CC needs the principals permission I'm SURE he'll be glad to get rid of you since you keep getting in fights away.

Go talk to a recruiter. Seriously. If you can't stand mom then join the airforce. You'll be in the army in a few years anyway, might as well join now and not waste the next several years.

Forget computers. Unless you create Facebook you'll never make millions and all the jobs will be outsourced overseas.

Go into nursing. 2 yrs in school and you will be a RN making $30+ an hour. If that's not enough a few more yrs and you'll be a CRNA making $100+ an hour.

Although everything will be fine, by the time you're 30 you'll own that porsche on your wall, you will have your house bought and paid off, and you'll be married to someone much younger than you, so you will be doing better than 99% of people out there but it won't happen until your 30s.

Oh and get your real estate license and be a loan officer at a mortgage company just for the learning experience, you'll be extremely glad you did.
  • PlaySchool
    PlaySchool Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    The depression and lonliness you feel now at 16 won't get better by itself. Get some help, soon you'll be 35 and realize the world is passing you by.
  • qballjr13
    qballjr13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Dear Self,
    Lots of things will happen to you that hurt, make you doubt yourself & kill your self esteem but they will make you who are later in life. Take it with a grain of salt, stick with your true friends and remember everything you parents told you about being the better person, being a gentlemen and being yourself. Learn from your mistakes. Life will be good!
  • DinahKyle
    DinahKyle Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Just don't. He will control your life and will never be faithful. You will lose friends and family because of him, and try to give up your life...twice. Just don't do it. Look to your far right in period one English...he's who you'll love...you'll meet him when you are ready, 5 years from now, he will be your world and you will be his.

...it will get easier, but nothing that comes easy is worth having in the end...

You are loved.
  • rockchalk956
    rockchalk956 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Do not help move that table. You will fall and f_ck up your knee for life. It's ok to not be nice and helpful sometimes. :P Also, your favorite classic rock station will be bought out and shut down, so enjoy it now.
  • Dadawa70
    Dadawa70 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Stick with Biology and Chemistry. (Bit of a requirement for the long road to becoming a MD).
  • SarLem81
    SarLem81 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Research scholarships and APPLY for them. Believe it or not, you aren't going to be friends with the same people 15 years from now.
    You'll be shocked when you get to college and discover that guys think you're hot. Don't let that distract you from studying. And whatever you do: don't limbo freshman year of college. It'll ruin your chances of minoring in dance and cause you to gain weight because you use your bum knee as an excuse. Or at the very least, have a drink before you do so you can blame it on that instead of your inability to turn down a challenge.
  • wingsandgills
    wingsandgills Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Ditch the boyfriend now and stop forgiving him for his outbursts--he NEVER changes, only gets worse, and you find someone amazing later. Everything your dad has told you about how you're genetically predisposed to be fat and bad at the things he's bad at is bull****. Seek therapy for your depression, because you deserve to be happy. Seek it now. Learn to love yourself and everything else will fall into place.
  • Stylistntenn
    Options
    Dear 16 year old self:

Forget about that guy you're into. He's a jerk who never cared about you anyway. And guess what? Everything you think is important now, ISN'T. It does not matter what shoes you wear, what car you drive, or who you hang out with. What matters is growing your relationship with God and becoming a better individual. Slow down. Enjoy every moment because it will be gone in a flash. Don't worry- God has some pretty awesome plans for you and you will be surprised at how great everything turns out- AFTER high school anyway!! ... "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11.

Love,
    Your older, but a little fatter, self hehe :smile:
  • iishnova
    iishnova Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me,

Don't fall for him. He will cause you years of stress and emotional pain. Eventually there will be a miscarriage followed shortly by some betrayal and a divorce. DON'T GO THERE. You should, however, try to do better in school. Enjoy you friends more. Laugh more. Take more risks. Let go! You are so conservative and you'll miss out on some great people and great times if you don't let people have fun WITH you and instead watch it happen around you. Don't get too hung up on our sister. It will lead to years of stress also and a bitterness that will be hard to shake. Pay attention and dress for your figure, rather than hiding it under xl tshirts. Enjoy your figure while you have it so you are more motivated to keep it and take more time to take care of yourself and eat well. Don't dwell so much on what you don't have.

Everything you go through is forming the person you'll become. Hold no regrets and no grudges.

Edit: and DON'T no matter what ANYONE says trust that girl again. Follow your instincts.
  • sky2fire
    sky2fire Posts: 3
    Options
    Advice for my 16 year old self.... do exactly what you are going to do and be exactly who you want to be. Who you are now makes me who I am today. ... but seriously, I'd love for you to know that when you graduate high school this year, remember, you're super young because you skipped a grade, and you aren't quite mature enough for college. Don't worry about what everyone else is doing, just worry about you and your future. Take school seriously. Take care of your health (you're going to be diagnosed with cancer in a year and undergo chemo and radiation, be prepared). Don't get the tummy surgery your mom wants you to get, because it will leave you with a scarred body for life and you will be self-conscious for years. Go for the degree you don't think you're smart enough for, and don't settle for a generalized degree that you won't be able to get a job with, because 10 years later (now) you'll be back in school with a ton of student loan debt only to get a NEW degree that will allow you to make great money. So go for the pharmacy degree from the start. You'll end up with experience as a pharmacy tech anyway, more than likely.
    Don't be afraid to try new things. You'll end up studying abroad through college. Don't try to rush into adulthood, once you get here time flies and before you know it you're 25 and have really not done much with your life compared to other people your age, but again-- don't base your life on others. Move at your own pace and know that you are the only one in control of yourself, truly. Listen to your (our) mom, she gives great advice, but you're stubborn and won't admit it or appreciate it until you are older and experience a failed marriage.

Most of all, enjoy the ride. Life seems long now and you think you're invincible. So empower yourself to really LIVE, but be smart about it. Don't do anything I would do. :)
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Don't give Chris another chance.. It will be the beginning of a VERY dark road for you.
    You are beautiful.
    Bulimia is not the answer.
    And please don't get that perm...It will NOT be a good look!
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    When you graduate high school travel over seas for one year.
  • Adelphia
    Adelphia Posts: 176
    Options
    Do your ****ing algebra. Stop crushing on your best friend, because she will manipulate it to her advantage for the next year of your life. Please, please, please stop throwing up. And most importantly, out of all these things, stopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstop listening to Brokencyde. (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻
  • Escarda
    Escarda Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 old self,
    have the abortion now, stop ****ing procrastinating.
    Dont turn down that hot girl that offered you lesbian sex, because she already had a gf. (they split up he next day because it turns out her gf had been cheating on her for weeks..)
    And when your new bf tells you he wants you to give up smoking and weed, tell him you take me as i am or you leave me..
  • gtchs
    gtchs Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi self, step away from the table! You've eaten enough already!
  • minnesota_deere
    minnesota_deere Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    do not get into any relationship just date and have tons of sex!!!
  • BCKS
    BCKS Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Dear 16-yr-old self,
    Stop dreaming and planning what your life will be like as a wife and mother.....because it's never going to happen! :sad: :ohwell:
  • Tunia85
    Tunia85 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    THIS IS SO FUN!!! That said....

Dear 16 Year Old Me,

Please think about what you like to do and not about what you think will bring you money when choosing college. The economy will go to hell, and you'll be the first profession to go with it... DON'T listen to mom. It's better to have no friends than bad friends, so get rid of that one girl. You are smart & responsible and that intimidates people, BE MORE FUN! Love yourself, you deserve it!

Love,

The future you :)