Replies

• gina4766
    gina4766 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have, have 18 more to go!
  • angimac
    angimac Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Since last June I've lost 118.8 pounds - without surgery.

I turned 40 last year
    I am an ex-smoker
    I have had a hysterectomy
    I have limited mobility/function in my left leg and right arm from past injuries

A lot of reasons that people (including my past self) say they can't lose weight.

But I've done it. And I'm NEVER going back there - EVER

You're not alone. Together, we got this!
  • Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm more than half way to losing 100 pounds WITHOUT surgery. It has been hard work and every day has been worth it! I've learned a lot about nutrition, what are my eating triggers and how to reward myself for making the right choices to get myself healthier every day. You can do it too! There's a lot of support here but it has to start and end with you. :flowerforyou:

Slainte!
  • jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I've lost just about 80 through counting calories and tons and tons of exercise. It has taken me 13 months and I have about 25 more to go! My husband had weight loss surgery a few years ago, and has done amazing!!!
  • kathyc609
    kathyc609 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I am doing it - no surgery...just healthy eating. Completely committed myself to this.
  • chrisbates62
    Options
    I have been at it for about 15 months. My daughter introduced me to MFP in the summer (39 pounds in). My family, although supportive, tease me about how I enter every calorie but I find it helps. I passed my first goal at Christmas (100 pounds), and I am closing in on my second goal (150 pounds). Two or three weigh-ins away I think. It does get easier as time goes by. I have truly changed my eating habits. Good luck and stick with it, one day at a time.
  • Misalayne
    Misalayne Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have recently been thinking of surgery. I even went to a weight loss surgical center last week. My best friend invited me on my fitness pal, so here I am.

I am very imspired because of reading everyone elses stories. All of you have influenced me to believe I can do this. Thank you, all of you for sharing your stories.
  • Bevigal
    Bevigal Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My Doctor tried to talk me into bypass surgery and was really miffed at me when I said no. I weighed 387 pounds and decided it was just to dangerous for me. I weigh 265 pounds now and and I am losing it slowly. It can be done. Bypass surgery is a personal decision and it is great for some. Good luck and hope you do well. Portion control is what has helped me the most.
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    Me! Trust me, you've got this! Just remember you will make mistakes and it wont be perfect. This is life, not a diet When you slip up, pick yourself up and remember how far you have come.
  • darlingkaya
    Options
    I lost 66lbs without surgery :D does that count? hehe...
  • 100over
    100over Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Misalayne......I'm glad you decided to try this way first. I find it really helpful to do a search in the forums for people that have lost 100+ pounds and read their stories, see their before/after pics. They're really a wonderful inspiration. I'm in this for the long haul and one of these times will be my last 'day one' - lol.
  • nhgirl30
    nhgirl30 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    132 LB without surgery. I think having weight loss surgery is a cop-out. Hard work and dedication will lose the weight.
  • Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    My Doctor tried to talk me into bypass surgery and was really miffed at me when I said no. I weighed 387 pounds and decided it was just to dangerous for me. I weigh 265 pounds now and and I am losing it slowly. It can be done. Bypass surgery is a personal decision and it is great for some. Good luck and hope you do well. Portion control is what has helped me the most.

Great job, very proud of you! Your positive attitude is wonderful :flowerforyou:

Slainte!
  • seanwebster
    seanwebster Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    113 and counting, without surgery. It takes a while but it's doable.

And now so am I. :) Bazinga.
  • bytemeeeeee
    bytemeeeeee Posts: 174
    Options
    I lost 66lbs without surgery :D does that count? hehe...
    Counts and then some!
  • bytemeeeeee
    bytemeeeeee Posts: 174
    Options
    113 and counting, without surgery. It takes a while but it's doable.

And now so am I. :) Bazinga.
    YES!
  • Sabreeus
    Sabreeus Posts: 10
    Options
    I haven't lost an 100 lbs yet but when i do soon i say I did it the all fashion way.Let keep encouraging each other. WE ARE WINNER! Much love to all!
  • Chinadollpuss
    Chinadollpuss Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    As of last week i have lost 100 pounds without surgery & next month will be a year for me since i'v been really trying to lose the weight, I want to lose a total of 201 pounds which will bring me to 180lbs .but now my body has hit this wall where i havent lost anything this week so i am changing up my workout, i started off just doing the treadmill and then added Zumba 6months later. So tomorrow i am starting Supreme 90 day along with Zumba and the treadmill
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    115+ pounds and no surgery. Just lots of perserverance and hard work.
  • monicamk1975
    monicamk1975 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I have 10 more pounds to go to hit 100, and I did it without surgery and have been 200lbs+ since I was about 18.

260 this time last summer.

You can do it. You just need to want to be healthy and log your meals daily. Make it a habit and it will do wonders for you.