Foods you never thought you'd like

Options
124»

Replies

• Livingbalanced
    Livingbalanced Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Okay - I used to hate brussel sprouts as a kid but I think you've all inspired me to try them again! It would be nice to have another green in my rotation :)
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Hummus and tzatziki, now I need to have it both in my fridge.
  • booklover942
    Options
    I never thought I would love Greek Yogurt, but I am a fan now!
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Fruit/veg in general - I wouldn't have eaten it if you'd paid me 3 months ago
  • good2bthaking
    good2bthaking Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    cauliflower, not it is my go to food with diced tomatoes!!
  • cdpm
    cdpm Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Raw carrots and peppers as well as spinach and salads (I used to think they just tasted of water and were pointless a few years ago!)
  • BandForAlyAnne
    BandForAlyAnne Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    after eating healthy for awhile i started really enjoying some foods that i HATED before. im not a picky eater, but i just dont like some things. like a lot of red meat. i used too have a hard time finishing a thick burger. and i hated steaks...but now i love steak. i think i can now appreciate the flavor. and when i was a kid i got sick after eating fried/over easy eggs and never could eat them again, but now i enjoy it. idk why. weird. :P
  • aqua_zumba_fan
    Options
    low fat, low sugar, (basically bland) yoghurt!! i used to hate the stuff. now i love to mix berries, other fruits & (healthy)things into them to make my own flavours.

peanut butter. now that i know its good for u, has good protein & fats in it i love the stuff. :laugh:

I'm the same re plain yoghurt - but I add banana and a tbsp of peanut butter - try it :)
  • cmckenzie2
    Options
    Garlic bread, wrong time to discover I love it :sad:
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    baked courgette

and butternut squash cubed, tossed in a few sprays of oil (yanno the 1cal per spray stuff) and a table spoon of brown sugar, baked in the over til the sugar caramelizes and squash is cooked. this has to be my all time fave right now!
  • lizzynewm
    lizzynewm Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    -almond milk! for no reason, it really grossed me out in theory to have any sort of milk substitute, but now i love it so. creamy, delicious milk for 2/3 the calories of white-water skim milk? i will take it!

-eggs. i never didn't like eggs, but i never really liked them either. now it's very strange if a day passes and i didn't have at least one egg somewhere incorporated into my meals. i love me some eggs
  • rescueisnotamyth
    rescueisnotamyth Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese

It always kind of grossed me out... But tonight I put it on my salad and added some salsa... It was like salad dressing except a lot healthier! I'm going to try incorporating it into more meals. (:
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    broccoli.
  • dynamojones
    Options
    up until a month ago I had never tasted a pistachio, and now I can't get enough of them.
  • milkandtea
    milkandtea Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Beets, green olives, sweet potatoes, kale and goat cheese.
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    beets! I love boiled beets with salt. Another is spinach- where I live you can only get spinach in 500 gram bags (which is huge) and at first it was really hard to finish it before it went off, but now I look forward to a variation of a spinach salad for lunch, and where I can fit some in for dinner.
  • fitnotfluffy
    fitnotfluffy Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal!
  • Vi0l33t
    Vi0l33t Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Tofu. I'm a total Carnivore and I love my steak bleeding, but Tofu, when cooked properly isn't awful and I like to mix it with my eggs, put it in sandwiches, or eat it cold out of the fridge, my kids can't get enough of it either!
  • TinnedTuna
    TinnedTuna Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal,
    Sweet Potatoes,
    Salads,
    Avocados,
    Eggs,
    Raw Broccoli

Just wish it worked the other way as well - still can't get chocolate out of my head