Thin but not gorgeous?

Options

Replies

• pixieewillbethin
    Options
    your ticker says you are still aiming to lose 8 lbs... is that still correct? i would re-focus on strength training - you do not need to lose more body weight. seriously just start lifting weights or doing yoga(power/vinyasa or pilates) and you will see the difference.

As I said earlier, the ticker came from when I started and weighed 115. I'm usually on the go and only use the iPod app. I usually just use the food diary to keep track of what I'm eating and I don't worry about weighing in. Thanks I think I'm going to try to get into a yoga class soon too. :)
  • mandylooo
    mandylooo Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Why hasn't anyone suggested New Rules of Lifting for Women yet? I do Ashtanga yoga and that's been pretty good for building my arms and core and not bad for my legs either.
  • Taylerr88
    Taylerr88 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    start lifting weights
  • csimmons0914
    Options
    Honestly hun, I hope you are not trying to get any skinnier. 100 pounds is already very thin and anything below that is very unhealthily, almost sickly. Thin doesn't always mean gorgeous dear.
  • JeepBrah
    JeepBrah Posts: 150
    Options
    is it really that hard to understand you will look like **** no matter what if you only do cardio you'll just look like a chick with no tittonas and *kitten* skinny as hell. Start doing weight and gain some muscle if you wanna look sexy and toned. You wanna look good in the mirror and for dudes?? or you just care about what the scale says.
  • sugarandspice27
    sugarandspice27 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Gaining weight MIGHT make you gorgeous. I can't imagine many being all that gorgeous or healthy looking at 100lbs unless you were 5 ft tall and even then.. that's pushing it. I do know that some people are NATURALLY very slim and can't gain weight and I'm not talking about these people. You don't appear to be this type.

Super skinny doesn't automatically = gorgeous and healthy. I'm so sorry that you've been brain washed. You have my pity and condolences.

Better yet, work on yourself. Work on your personality, spirituality, altruism. Inner light makes people far more gorgeous than having a hip bone that juts out or having a bikini body. Do exercises for your soul.
  • pixieewillbethin
    Options
    Honestly hun, I hope you are not trying to get any skinnier. 100 pounds is already very thin and anything below that is very unhealthily, almost sickly. Thin doesn't always mean gorgeous dear.

I'm not trying to get skinnier. I'm trying to *gain* weight. If I thought thin meant gorgeous I wouldn't have posted this topic. I am thin I know that. I'm trying to gain weight by gaining more muscle.
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    My friend thinks I'm too skinny so she changed my info messing with me. And I'm not younger than 18 I'm actually older. 18 was just my favorite age so I used it. And I do want a healthy body which is exactly why I'm asking for exercise routines to help me gain muscle and help me get toned and to look good.

Your...favorite age. Yeah. 88 pounds is not a healthy body, and I suspect you don't actually want a healthy body so much as a body you think LOOKS healthy. There is a difference. Please find your local community mental health center and talk to somebody before you damage your body permanently. Really.
  • katysmelly
    katysmelly Posts: 380 Member
    Options
  • pixieewillbethin
    Options
    Gaining weight MIGHT make you gorgeous. I can't imagine many being all that gorgeous or healthy looking at 100lbs unless you were 5 ft tall and even then.. that's pushing it. I do know that some people are NATURALLY very slim and can't gain weight and I'm not talking about these people. You don't appear to be this type.

Super skinny doesn't automatically = gorgeous and healthy. I'm so sorry that you've been brain washed. You have my pity and condolences.

Better yet, work on yourself. Work on your personality, spirituality, altruism. Inner light makes people far more gorgeous than having a hip bone that juts out or having a bikini body. Do exercises for your soul.

Okay. I'm pretty sure I have a good personality and I'm a spiritual person as well. I do look healthy at my weight I just don't have that toned look I want. Again, I do NOT think super skinny = gorgeous. I think that a healthy toned body would be and the point of this topic was to find out how to get that toned look.
  • FitLink
    Options

I'm not trying to get skinnier. I'm trying to *gain* weight. If I thought thin meant gorgeous I wouldn't have posted this topic. I am thin I know that. I'm trying to gain weight by gaining more muscle.

Your ticker indicated you want to lose weight. And none of those "gorgeous" people weighs 90 pounds.
  • pixieewillbethin
    Options
    is it really that hard to understand you will look like **** no matter what if you only do cardio you'll just look like a chick with no tittonas and *kitten* skinny as hell. Start doing weight and gain some muscle if you wanna look sexy and toned. You wanna look good in the mirror and for dudes?? or you just care about what the scale says.

Not to threadjack, but lifting weights won't grow breasts.

Okay. I have nice boobs I like them. I don't want to look good for dudes nor do I care what the scale says. I want to look good for me. Can you people please stop judging me and telling me I have an eating disorder. I didn't post this topic to get judged. I posted this topic to find out the best ways to gain muscle and to look nice.
  • FitLink
    Options

Okay. I'm pretty sure I have a good personality and I'm a spiritual person as well. I do look healthy at my weight I just don't have that toned look I want. Again, I do NOT think super skinny = gorgeous. I think that a healthy toned body would be and the point of this topic was to find out how to get that toned look.

Well, several people gave you suggestions. Is there a reason you don't want those suggestions?
  • dunlunicor
    dunlunicor Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Wow, way to be judgemental and nosey. Whether or not she has an ED is her business and no one else's. And calling someone out (who you don't know, by the way) on having an eating disorder (which you aren't qualified to diagnose) doesn't do anything but make you look like a self-righteous jerk. Either answer the question or just move on.

As for the OP's question: if you aren't doing any strength training now, start with some basic bodyweight moves - lunges, pushups, crunches, leg lifts. You can find some great routines just by googling. Make sure you're getting enough protein, especially post workout. It doesn't need to be a crazy amount, but you'll need a little more than you would if you weren't trying to build muscle. Other than that, it just takes time and commitment.
  • pixieewillbethin
    Options

Again, I. Have. Not. Updated. My. Ticker. I am not looking to loose any more weight. I want to GAIN it by gaining muscle. I'm sorry I'm not trying to be rude but come on people. Can you guys pleas quit saying I have an ED. I know that super skinny is neither healthy or gorgeous which is exactly why I'm trying to figure out a good exercise plan to help me get toned.
    Your ticker indicated you want to lose weight. And none of those "gorgeous" people weighs 90 pounds.
  • FitLink
    Options

Not to threadjack, but lifting weights won't grow breasts.

Okay. I have nice boobs I like them. I don't want to look good for dudes nor do I care what the scale says. I want to look good for me. Can you people please stop judging me and telling me I have an eating disorder. I didn't post this topic to get judged. I posted this topic to find out the best ways to gain muscle and to look nice.

Lift.

Page 1 has posts with several books to help.

Good luck.

You don't seem to be liking that answer.
  • Babsvii
    Babsvii Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    i can see that you are asking for advice on how to gain muscle.... some peoples comments on here have not been very helpful to you. We are all here for the same reason, to get support and help with fitness and nutrition.

I want to suggest p90x.... its something you can do at home it will get you the look you are going for... you will put on weight but it will be healthy weight as in muscle and you will eat a TON! you can not do this workout with out eating lots and lots of good healthy food... So when starting a weight training program do not be afraid to gain more weight as muscle weighs more then fat... i think you need to have your weight goals set to maintain and aim to weight more around 115lbs for your height. with the little fat you have now you have nothing left to lose and only muscle to gain. so drink lots of protein shakes and eat lots of protein.

HTH
  • pixieewillbethin
    Options

Well, several people gave you suggestions. Is there a reason you don't want those suggestions?

No, no I didn't mean it like that at all. I really really appreciate everyone who has actually given me suggestions. A lot of them were great and I really appreciate them. :) I meant that I'm tired of people saying I have an eating disorder or whatever because I meant that I'd prefer if they were going to comment, they commented an answer to my question instead of just judging me.
  • pixieewillbethin
    Options
    i can see that you are asking for advice on how to gain muscle.... some peoples comments on here have not been very helpful to you. We are all here for the same reason, to get support and help with fitness and nutrition.

I want to suggest p90x.... its something you can do at home it will get you the look you are going for... you will put on weight but it will be healthy weight as in muscle and you will eat a TON! you can not do this workout with out eating lots and lots of good healthy food... So when starting a weight training program do not be afraid to gain more weight as muscle weighs more then fat... i think you need to have your weight goals set to maintain and aim to weight more around 115lbs for your height. with the little fat you have now you have nothing left to lose and only muscle to gain. so drink lots of protein shakes and eat lots of protein.

HTH

Thank you! :)
  • RumOne
    RumOne Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    New Rules For Lifting For Women.