Thin but not gorgeous?

Options

Replies

• RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Gaining weight MIGHT make you gorgeous. I can't imagine many being all that gorgeous or healthy looking at 100lbs unless you were 5 ft tall and even then.. that's pushing it. I do know that some people are NATURALLY very slim and can't gain weight and I'm not talking about these people. You don't appear to be this type.

Super skinny doesn't automatically = gorgeous and healthy. I'm so sorry that you've been brain washed. You have my pity and condolences.

Better yet, work on yourself. Work on your personality, spirituality, altruism. Inner light makes people far more gorgeous than having a hip bone that juts out or having a bikini body. Do exercises for your soul.

Okay. I'm pretty sure I have a good personality and I'm a spiritual person as well. I do look healthy at my weight I just don't have that toned look I want. Again, I do NOT think super skinny = gorgeous. I think that a healthy toned body would be and the point of this topic was to find out how to get that toned look.

Well, several people gave you suggestions. Is there a reason you don't want those suggestions?

No, no I didn't mean it like that at all. I really really appreciate everyone who has actually given me suggestions. A lot of them were great and I really appreciate them. :) I meant that I'm tired of people saying I have an eating disorder or whatever because I meant that I'd prefer if they were going to comment, they commented an answer to my question instead of just judging me.

Just ignore them. There are a lot of thin girl-bashers on here. Take the strength training suggestions and try to just brush off all the criticism.
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    To gain muscle though you can not eat at a deficit. My daughter is your height and weighs 115 and has a small bone structure and I personally think she is to skinny and told her to gain 5 lbs. I would go off your diet for a few months, eat normally and work out to build muscle. Not a lot if you dont want to but enough to give your body some shape and definition. Then cut back to loose fat so you get some nice shape to your muscles. Then you will look "Hot" most guys like a woman with some shape to her.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    My friend thinks I'm too skinny so she changed my info messing with me. And I'm not younger than 18 I'm actually older. 18 was just my favorite age so I used it. And I do want a healthy body which is exactly why I'm asking for exercise routines to help me gain muscle and help me get toned and to look good.

Your friend sucks at jokes.

New Rules of Lifting for Women is a good book to read if your serious about getting healthy and aren't afraid to life weights.
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    So since everyone has already given you advice on weight training here is some advice from me.......

Learn to love yourself sweetheart. It saddens me when I see gorgeous women who constantly feel like they just aren't pretty enough, skinny enough, etc.

Even if you are drop dead gorgeous, if you don't love yourself, you'll never be happy and content with your looks!!
  • pixieewillbethin
    Options
    New Rules For Lifting For Women.

Just looked it up on Amazon. Looks awesome thanks.(:
  • pixieewillbethin
    Options
    My friend thinks I'm too skinny so she changed my info messing with me. And I'm not younger than 18 I'm actually older. 18 was just my favorite age so I used it. And I do want a healthy body which is exactly why I'm asking for exercise routines to help me gain muscle and help me get toned and to look good.

Your friend sucks at jokes.

New Rules of Lifting for Women is a good book to read if your serious about getting healthy and aren't afraid to life weights.

I know she does. Several people have suggested that book and I'm about to get it from Amazon.(:
  • pixieewillbethin
    Options
    Wow, way to be judgemental and nosey. Whether or not she has an ED is her business and no one else's. And calling someone out (who you don't know, by the way) on having an eating disorder (which you aren't qualified to diagnose) doesn't do anything but make you look like a self-righteous jerk. Either answer the question or just move on.

As for the OP's question: if you aren't doing any strength training now, start with some basic bodyweight moves - lunges, pushups, crunches, leg lifts. You can find some great routines just by googling. Make sure you're getting enough protein, especially post workout. It doesn't need to be a crazy amount, but you'll need a little more than you would if you weren't trying to build muscle. Other than that, it just takes time and commitment.

Thank you. (:
  • pixieewillbethin
    Options
    is it really that hard to understand you will look like **** no matter what if you only do cardio you'll just look like a chick with no tittonas and *kitten* skinny as hell. Start doing weight and gain some muscle if you wanna look sexy and toned. You wanna look good in the mirror and for dudes?? or you just care about what the scale says.

Not to threadjack, but lifting weights won't grow breasts.

Okay. I have nice boobs I like them. I don't want to look good for dudes nor do I care what the scale says. I want to look good for me. Can you people please stop judging me and telling me I have an eating disorder. I didn't post this topic to get judged. I posted this topic to find out the best ways to gain muscle and to look nice.

Lift.

Page 1 has posts with several books to help.

Good luck.

You don't seem to be liking that answer.

I actually do like the book suggestions and am ordering The New Rules for Lifting for Women off Amazon. Several suggested it and it looks good. (:
  • TriciaZ944
    TriciaZ944 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    New rules of lifting for women is my suggestion
  • dianacannon89
    dianacannon89 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    OMG This thread is so annoying...

Haters- stop hating & juding

Girl- Lift heavy weights look into New Rules of Lifting for Woman (NROL4W) there are many groups on here of lots of hot woman your size that lift heavy are not bulky and have the look you (we all) are going for! Beach savy beautiful! Its really simple stop replying to this bull**** and just lift heavy hun!
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Lift like everyone suggests.

Also, lock down your account so your friend can't mess with it, and you'll have fewer of the unsolicited advice about eating disorders. This site takes EDs very seriously and they tend to crack down on unhealthy habits so as not to condone and encourage it.

Good luck!
  • sugarandspice27
    sugarandspice27 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Gaining weight MIGHT make you gorgeous. I can't imagine many being all that gorgeous or healthy looking at 100lbs unless you were 5 ft tall and even then.. that's pushing it. I do know that some people are NATURALLY very slim and can't gain weight and I'm not talking about these people. You don't appear to be this type.

Super skinny doesn't automatically = gorgeous and healthy. I'm so sorry that you've been brain washed. You have my pity and condolences.

Better yet, work on yourself. Work on your personality, spirituality, altruism. Inner light makes people far more gorgeous than having a hip bone that juts out or having a bikini body. Do exercises for your soul.

Okay. I'm pretty sure I have a good personality and I'm a spiritual person as well. I do look healthy at my weight I just don't have that toned look I want. Again, I do NOT think super skinny = gorgeous. I think that a healthy toned body would be and the point of this topic was to find out how to get that toned look.

Well, several people gave you suggestions. Is there a reason you don't want those suggestions?

No, no I didn't mean it like that at all. I really really appreciate everyone who has actually given me suggestions. A lot of them were great and I really appreciate them. :) I meant that I'm tired of people saying I have an eating disorder or whatever because I meant that I'd prefer if they were going to comment, they commented an answer to my question instead of just judging me.

Just ignore them. There are a lot of thin girl-bashers on here. Take the strength training suggestions and try to just brush off all the criticism.

I'm not a thin-girl basher. I believe all types of women, thin, average, athletic, curvy, BBW are beautiful, but being underweight is not healthy nor aesthetically appealing (although the second is just my personal opinion). She asked how to get gorgeous, I answered: gain weight (which is what she says she wants to do anyway).
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Wow, way to be judgemental and nosey. Whether or not she has an ED is her business and no one else's. And calling someone out (who you don't know, by the way) on having an eating disorder (which you aren't qualified to diagnose) doesn't do anything but make you look like a self-righteous jerk. Either answer the question or just move on.

As for the OP's question: if you aren't doing any strength training now, start with some basic bodyweight moves - lunges, pushups, crunches, leg lifts. You can find some great routines just by googling. Make sure you're getting enough protein, especially post workout. It doesn't need to be a crazy amount, but you'll need a little more than you would if you weren't trying to build muscle. Other than that, it just takes time and commitment.

Ok so I am so sorry that you got all the negative feedback...people feel the need to "help" way to much on here sometimes...I have posted things before and JUST WANTED AN ANSWER....your question did not in any way require that they go diggin in to your profile and determining what they thought you were doing wrong or right or any of that crap...You did not ask "what am I doing wrong" or "have I lost enough weight" or "am I to skinny" you just wanted to know how to "shape up" How to get rid of the flabby stuff caused by losing the weight. I have friends that are small and weigh around 100 lbs or less and they go to drs and try so hard to gain weight and they eat like horses and can't gain much at all and one of them asked me the other day how she could make her tummy look better cause she had recently changed to a less active job and he tummy had gotten a little pooch that she did not want to get out of control...even girls that weigh 100 lbs can have flab people, I have seen it. And just cause they wanna lose it does not mean they have an eating disorder....BUT I have not looked at your profile and you may very well have un reasonable goals but that is for you to research and decide and you wont do it till you are ready....sounds to me like you might be and you have gotten the only real answer to your actual question....so I hope you try it out and get some good results!! :) good luck! Just be smart...research a lot and find out what is a healthy amount to eat to have your body function well and obtain your goals...You look just fine though....so start that strength training and protein eating:)
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    Toned does not mean anything.
    this.
    1. keep losing body fat 2. lift weights
    most people won't reach a hard body because to do so you must first have a decent amount of muscle to help you lose fat.
    Instead many decide to only do cardio to find their maximum fat loss potential hindered by their lack of muscle mass.
  • pixieewillbethin
    Options

Ok so I am so sorry that you got all the negative feedback...people feel the need to "help" way to much on here sometimes...I have posted things before and JUST WANTED AN ANSWER....your question did not in any way require that they go diggin in to your profile and determining what they thought you were doing wrong or right or any of that crap...You did not ask "what am I doing wrong" or "have I lost enough weight" or "am I to skinny" you just wanted to know how to "shape up" How to get rid of the flabby stuff caused by losing the weight. I have friends that are small and weigh around 100 lbs or less and they go to drs and try so hard to gain weight and they eat like horses and can't gain much at all and one of them asked me the other day how she could make her tummy look better cause she had recently changed to a less active job and he tummy had gotten a little pooch that she did not want to get out of control...even girls that weigh 100 lbs can have flab people, I have seen it. And just cause they wanna lose it does not mean they have an eating disorder....BUT I have not looked at your profile and you may very well have un reasonable goals but that is for you to research and decide and you wont do it till you are ready....sounds to me like you might be and you have gotten the only real answer to your actual question....so I hope you try it out and get some good results!! :) good luck! Just be smart...research a lot and find out what is a healthy amount to eat to have your body function well and obtain your goals...You look just fine though....so start that strength training and protein eating:)

Thank you very much. :)<3
  • StarvingKyy
    StarvingKyy Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry people are being so judgemental - but I see you're getting a lot of help also about weight training - woo hoo! im 117 pounds 5'3.5 and i look super flabby actually. I need to gain some muscle also :p

just ignore the people who are going to judge you. the forums get a little out of control sometimes. i once posted in a forum about what you like on your salad and i answered with something along the lines of "oil, tomato, ricotta cheese, ranch, carrots, cucumbers, seasoning this that etc." and someone felt it was necessary to go onto my profile and pretty much out me on my eating disorder saying I would never eat that unless i was going to throw it up later because i obviously have an eating disorder and i should even be on this website.
    COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC.
    Hence afterwards everyone ignored about what they put on there salads only to let me know that i was unhealthy, a bad influence on younger girls, and that I should go onto another website to starve myself.
    I was also told by one nice guy that to gain weight i should put chicken on my salads to which i said I was vegetarian borderline vegan. He then told me all the top 500 reasons why veganism is completely unhealthy.

just do what you love you, eat what you love, lift some weights, be happy : )
    and i congragilate you on trying to recover - i also am on the road to recovery. Inpatient Eating Disorder Clinic for the summer June/July. Hopefully it does me some good. I'm ready to feel happy again : )
  • mandylooo
    mandylooo Posts: 456 Member
    Options

I'm not a thin-girl basher. I believe all types of women, thin, average, athletic, curvy, BBW are beautiful, but being underweight is not healthy nor aesthetically appealing (although the second is just my personal opinion). She asked how to get gorgeous, I answered: gain weight (which is what she says she wants to do anyway).

I don't think people thin girl bash on here, it's just, because it's a dieting site, people do get concerned if they see people acting in what they consider a pro-ana, unhealthy way. I think most people want to encourage healthy lifestyles and worry if they see someone apparently making themselves sick by starving themselves. It's just it's not always right and it's not always handled in the most constructive way. From what I've seen, including in this thread, it's generally well meant.

ETA: not directed at you sugarandspice - just trying keep the convo linked. :-)
  • dawnagetsfit
    Options
    I'm not here to judge, but i think you look too skinny now. I can't speak for all men, but i like a woman with some curves. Get some advice from a nutritionist then go from there.

Great Answer... While i think you are a pretty girl! I agree with this... Women with Curves is sexy!

I do believe she's younger than 18 which is why there are no curves yet...
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    People here hate skinny b*tches. Don't worry about it. Just start lifting and you'll shape up.
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I'm not here to bash thin girls. I'm not overweight and am still trying to lose weight, but I don't think the OP's goals are healthy. She's 5'4 and 100lbs - that is underweight and she has stated she wants to lose more weight. I don't go along with this whole 'real women have curves' sentiment, because it suggests slimmer women aren't real women, which I don't like. However, I do think it's very important to be healthy and I think being incredibly underweight is just as bad as being overweight health-wise.