help i just ate a WHOLE pizza

Options

Replies

• lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I am with everyone else. It happens to all of us and someone who says they have never binged until they were sick is pretty much in denial.

Speak for yourself. I don't binge. There are those of us out here than can control ourselves.
    A whole pizza? You don't accidentally eat that much. Posting this on the forums isn't going to help you not eat next time. It will probably only reinforce your desire to actually with everyone saying "Oh, it's OK, we all do it".

yep not a universal thing. now there are other things i have done....which we don't have to mention here. we all slip up. don't beat yourself up about it....but do take tomorrow with a little more caution in regards to your nutrition. try your best to be mindful of how you treat your body and how you wish to feel. best wishes.
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    not much you can do about it now... But, in looking at your diary - all you ate for breakfast was 3 eggs. Try to eat a more balanced diet so you won't be so hungry. Eat regular snacks. Also, if you are going to order pizza in the future - order one with veggies instead of fatty meats and make sure someone else is around so you need to share it...
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    The question is Why couldn't you stop? Whenever I binged there was a reason behind it. (not always a logical one) :blushing:

Just go back to normal eating routines tomorrow and call today an oopsie and do your best not to repeat it..

Drink lots of water to help flush the sodium out of your system.

Tomorrow is a new day and a new start. HUGS!
  • retunks
    retunks Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    just start the next day again and drive on. It's not the end of the world. Don't beat yourself up over it.
  • stephenatl09
    stephenatl09 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    That was me last weekend...I had a large thin crust Buffalo chicken pizza from Papa John's and IT WAS SO EFFIN GOOD !! what gets me I lost more weight last week than I have in a long time. Do not sweat it ,,,just get back on track is all..
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    i just couldent stop.... what can i do now?

Well... that's hard to believe really. Unless you were being forced. Acknowledge that you chose to eat the pizza. That's a good start.

Don't beat yourself up over it. That gets you nowhere.

And... you can drink some water to help with all that sodium. Other than that, not much. You might go for a walk later when you don't feel so full.
  • paint_it_black
    paint_it_black Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    while i've never eaten til i was sick i have exceeded calories, instead of starving tomorrow why not work off extra calories? Walk, run even dance if thats what floats your boat. The main thing is get your heart rate up and feel like you earned that pizza.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options

A whole pizza? You don't accidentally eat that much.
    sure you do. You plan to eat 2 slices,,, it tastes so remarkably good you have one more, then 15 minutes later-gonzo. Accident might be the wrong word... unintentionally might be better..... but whatever.
    don't beat yourself up.. tomorrow is another day,,,, but maybe remember for next time, from the bloated, awful feeling.... that it may not have been worth it.
  • Colliebird20
    Options
    You gotta just wait it out and do better tomorrow. You'll feel awful if you exercise right now. One day of messing up isn't too bad. Just get right back on the horse. No biggie
  • rachaeldab
    Options
    I allow myself to indulge at least once a week. Don't focus on what you shouldn't be eating, if that makes sense. If you know you shouldn't be eating it, you'll want it that much more. Instead, allow yourself to eat what you'd like every so often but just in a smaller portion. Make sure to eat tomorrow but maybe skip the carbs with dinner and make sure to get your five fruits and veggies in. :) Best of luck to you!
  • mdsjmom98
    mdsjmom98 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Whatever happened to the old saying, if you don't have anything nice to say, STFU!!!??

Seriously people, she feels bad enough, busting her chops isn't going to make it better. We're here for support. Even if you don't agree with what she did, either move on to another post, or tell her to pick herself up, and move forward.

With that said, one day isn't going to kill you. Just be real careful with your calorie count tomorrow, and do your best to get in some exercise. Most importantly, do NOT beat yourself up over this. Good Luck!!
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I had a whole pizza today as well - went with my friends to pizza hut and was starving after work (had a decent breakfast and lunch today as well - forgot my bottle of water at work though) so really enjoyed my pizza, but now feeling guilty myself.

I'm off tomorrow though so going to be really good and get a good strong workout to make up for it.

The way I like to think about it is, I don't go to Pizza Hut every day and I've been REALLY under my net calorie goals all week so it's not the end of the world - we all deserve a treat now and again.

Don't punish yourself for having a pizza on one day - it's if you're doing this everyday that alarm bells should start ringing - keep going and good luck :smile:
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Whatever happened to the old saying, if you don't have anything nice to say, STFU!!!??

That's very nice of you. But... s*** don't get done by niceties, not usually anyway... not when nutrition & fitness are the goals. Keeping it honest & real is the best way to deal, just sayin'...
  • slowturtle1
    slowturtle1 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    It's not what you did, it's what you do after you did what you did. Every minute of every day is a brand new chance to make a healthier choice. Be kind to yourself--you've done too much good to let this one event wipe you out, so congrats on sticking with it! :flowerforyou:
  • dinovino_59
    dinovino_59 Posts: 1,700
    Options
    you should have called me...i would have split it with you
  • DanicaLeeC
    DanicaLeeC Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had a similar kind of night last night, except I went home after work, after doing well and sticking to my meal plan, and I ate a Kit Kat bar, half a bag of chips and then ate a bunch of fresh baked cookies .................. felt gross afterwards but didn't feel guilty!! It was an off day - my body wanted food, and while I could've fed it something a bit better, I still FED IT .. and today I woke up to a new day, and I've been 'good' today and did my workout and it's water under the bridge!!

WE AREN'T PERFECT - WE'RE ALLOWED TO FALTER A LITTLE BIT. :)
  • PoleBoy
    PoleBoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    i just couldent stop.... what can i do now?

Well... that's hard to believe really. Unless you were being forced. Acknowledge that you chose to eat the pizza. That's a good start.

I used to think like that, until I found myself eating a whole jar of plowman's pickle with a spoon. Believe me, I couldn't choose to do that.
  • julie781
    julie781 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I would feel bad too. I had a total bacon binge on xmas day. I felt awful.
    You know you shouldn't eat a whole pizza by yourself so DON'T do it again.
    Tomorrows a new day.
    Make sure there's yummy food in your diet thats healthy so you don't feel food deprived.

BTW The rest of you're week looked great!
  • sweetie89207
    Options
    what helps me the most to get through things like this...bad binges is just thinking of it like this...1 day out of 365 means absolutely NOTHING! so the best part is that u can honestly let this one slide 100% because in the long run it will be like a drop of water in a full bucket! :-) stay strong and like was said earlier - dont NOT eat to make up for it...worst thing u can do...just keep it moving
  • angng
    angng Posts: 137 Member
    Options

That's very nice of you. But... s*** don't get done by niceties, not usually anyway... not when nutrition & fitness are the goals. Keeping it honest & real is the best way to deal, just sayin'...

That might be true for some people who are fitness buffs (not me--nagging me is the LAST way to get me motivated to run or exercise), but for people who are emotional over (or under) eaters (and many others with defeatist attitudes), that kind of attitude just alienates them from trying and participating in the first place.

The OP knows why whatever happened happened: it was either an emotional response, or a hunger response (if she's on an extreme low-cal diet), or both. She'll figure it out without being shamed and judged and carry on. Or she won't and she'll continue the same behavior. Either way. . .I'm sure not going to make someone who feels like crap even worse.