help i just ate a WHOLE pizza

Options

Replies

• Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    sounds yummmm... lol

oh well...it happens...log it and continue.
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I ate a whole pizza for lunch today.

I made it on an 8" tortilla with tomato sauce and herbs, veggies and cheese and the whole thing had 432 calories.

You can do it, just make it healthy.

:bigsmile:
  • SabKab16
    SabKab16 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Okay. I HAVE to comment on this one. I've been where you are.. About a million times. If you are anything like me, you're feeling incredibly guilty.. and completely upset that you've ruined your healthy eating. You haven't. Don't eat anything else unhealthy for the rest of the day. Continue with your healthy eating. You are allowed to slip up. Be happy about that delicious pizza, and move on. That's it =)
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    You are invited to join this group. It is a non-judgemental place to talk about disordered eating behavior and especially binges. I find it extremely helpful to talk to other people with similar struggles. You are not alone. Please see links below.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/376-binge-eating-support

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/509705-march-april-bed-conversation-thread
  • foot2wood
    foot2wood Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Don't let it happen again. Alright?
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    By the way, I just noticed in your diary that, the day BEFORE, you were under your calorie goal by 165 calories.

Make sure you eat your calorie goal (or come close to it) so it will help deter cravings like that.

Give your body the nutrition it needs!

Also, sometimes I will put in an hour pounding the pavement so I can eat the really big meal I want and I end up less hungry than if I had not exercised and ate less.

Anyway, just my two cents.

Hope it helps! The pizza sounded delicious!
  • scarlet_goddess13
    Options
    I have a bad habit of going out with my boyfriend and it seems he always wants to go to mcdonalds or taco bell. Sometimes even buffet. I always find myself over indulging. I usually just chalk it up as a loss and try to do better tomorrow, nothing else you really can do. You cannot put your body into starvation mode!
  • cmaxmor
    cmaxmor Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    What type of pizza are we talkin here? Because I have eaten a whole small thin crust pizza before.
    Regardless, tomorrow is another day. If you are a pizza addict (I am) then try scheduling when you are going to eat it so you can make healthier choices. Otherwise.....you're fine....
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    yeah for me i realize i cant even have one bite... i just cant control it at all.. i eat one bite then sudddenly its the whole bag.

I count out a serving, that keeps me from going crazy, and give myself some options. Like if it is almonds I count out a serving of almonds, and have it with cucumber spears and hummus and a non fat yogurt so my plate is varied and I hit all the taste factors, crunchy, salty, sweet, creamy, juicy, and savory. That usually kills a craving.

Maybe it will help next time to if you are going to have pizza make your favorite salad with your favorite dressing. It is a cheat meal after all and plan a nice tasty healthy desert to look forward to. Then you can eat the salad to take the edge off your hunger and feel happy and satisfied, then dig into the two or 3 pieces of pizza guilt free. And you can stop with just those pieces because you have a yummy guilt free desert to look forward too. I dont know if this helps you. But I have found it works for me to stop eating when I feel satisfied even if I was starving, because I know what and when I am going to eat next. So I try to plan out my meals the day before if I can then hunger and cravings dont over take me. I am very flexible if something comes up but my body cant make my mind panic with hunger
  • mgunnabe
    mgunnabe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    HI..IT'S VERY IMPORTANT TO ADD A CHEAT MEAL EVERY 7 TO 10 DAYS OF DIETING. YOU MUST PLAN FOR THIS MEAL AND LOOK FORWARD TO IT. IT'S NO PROBLEM EATING 2 SLICES OF PIZZA EVERY 10 DAYS OR INCLUDING A CHEAT SNACK EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE. THIS WAY YOU ARE IN CONTROL AND IT'S PLANNED..THEREFORE NO GUILT INVOLVED. SO YOU ATE A WHOLE PIZZA...OK IT'S DONE, NOW MOVE ON, FORGET ABOUT IT AND CONTINUE MEAL PLAN AS BEFORE. NO DO NOT SKIP MEALS TO COMPENSATE FOR EATING THE PIZZA. GET BACK TO THE NORMAL SCHEDULE. YOU CAN WORK OUT 1/2 HOUR MORE TODAY TO BURN OFF SOME EXTRA CALORIES. WHAT KIND OF DIET ARE YOU DOING ANYWAYS?? SOUNDS LIKE YOU MAY BE DEPRIVING YOUR BODY SO MUCH THAT IT GOES CAVEMAN ON YOU!

GOOD LUCK..REMEMBER THE KEY IS CONSISTENCY. WE ALL CHEAT BUT ITS WHAT YOU DO MOST OF THE TIME THAT COUNTS!!
  • acciomuscles
    acciomuscles Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have had issues with binging in the past, and for me, the only way to prevent "overindulging" is to keep the junk food out of my house entirely. If I'm going to have a treat, I plan for it and get a single serving of whatever it is (or make sure enough people are around to finish it off quickly). It might help you to get the smallest size pizza and either make sure your family members eat the remainder, or to immediately put it in the freezer after you've taken your slice. Pizza is addicting and nowadays I just avoid it completely.
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    By the way, I just noticed in your diary that, the day BEFORE, you were under your calorie goal by 165 calories.

Make sure you eat your calorie goal (or come close to it) so it will help deter cravings like that.

Give your body the nutrition it needs!

Also, sometimes I will put in an hour pounding the pavement so I can eat the really big meal I want and I end up less hungry than if I had not exercised and ate less.

Anyway, just my two cents.

Hope it helps! The pizza sounded delicious!

Oh yes! I do this too! I found I could not survive on 1200 cals a day so I try to burn as many calories as possible at work and and exercise cuz even if I burn 2700 and eat 1700 I do so much better then eating 1200 and only burning 1800. Weird huh?
  • hkussatz
    hkussatz Posts: 41
    Options
    thats me with sweets. Can't even have them in the house else I eat them all, Out of sight, out of mind.
  • sycamorerose
    Options
    Pizza is one of my trigger foods. I've never eaten a whole pizza, but I do tend to eat too much of them when I have them. Don't beat yourself up, just analyze what feelings drove you to eat the whole thing. If you were upset figure out how you are going to deal with those feelings differently next time.
    Don't undereat tomorrow because your body still needs the calories to provide basic bodily functions. Just make better choices in your nutrition and your fitness tomorrow. And don't give up!! You can still do this!

For those of you who say that you do not binge or eat until you are sick, I will take you for your word that you don't; however there are those who do and you shouldn't put them down or insult them by saying they have no control. Especially on a site like this where we are all here for the same purpose and to support each other. If you have to much self control then you shouldn't even need this site to start with.
  • jeannemarie333
    jeannemarie333 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    It happens my friend. Tomorrow is a fresh new day with no mistakes :)
  • mrs_biggs
    Options
    i'm not a binge eater... not to say that there aren't folks who do struggle with it, but to say that others are in denial if they don't admit to eating so much they feel sick it just plain wrong. pizza IS the world's most perfect food!!! i like the idea of just getting one or two slices, instead of a a whole pie... if youre gonna eat it....you might as well enjoy it, and not feel guilty and icky afterwards. i think behavior like that just reinforces negative attitudes towards food. food is your friend. it's good to eat. it's good to enjoy what you eat....but with that said....perhaps an entire pizza...or five double cheeseburgers could be a sign that you and food need to re-evaluate your relationship with eachother.... i also think that people make the mistake of severe calorie restriction, thinking that they can "will" themselves to the size that they wanna be. there you have two of the most destructive, crazy realtionships on the planet...not everyone is a size 2....it's better to be a size 10 and be healthy and happy than a miserable, self loathing, anxious size 4. food, exercise and you should be a life-long journey. be very hoenest about who you are and what you want to achieve. be serious about food knowledge, it gives you so much more control over your food life, and not just about the stuff you "think" you cant eat. here's the deal: YOU CAN EAT WHATEVER YOU WANT!!!!!!!!! seriously, it's your choice. that's what i tell myself anyway. if i want to eat whipped cream out of the can...i DO! i dont feel bad about it, i enjoy it. it's all about you and your goals and your dreams. if something is important enough for you..YOU WILL DO IT... it's so cliche...but allow yourself to love YOU at the size and shape you are now. because that is your reality. if you lose weight...great! bonus! but dont make it a "love condition"..i.e "i will love my self when...im a size 4 and i work out 20 hours a day". now on to exercise: there are those people that live to exercise. they jump out of bed in the morning ready to run 10 miles....then there are the rest of us....now, i do enjoy exercise that i dont have to check off like a to do list, like: playing with my dogs and my little girl, gardening, house work(i know, im a cleaning geek), going for a walk with my husband or mom..etc..you get the idea. just move your body....dont worry that it isnt some set routine or gym time.
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    yeah for me i realize i cant even have one bite... i just cant control it at all.. i eat one bite then sudddenly its the whole bag.

You can control it if it isn't there to eat. I buy just two slices of pizza, that way I eat two slices.
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I sympathize big time. I have to ONLY cook an appropriate portion -- I will eat what ever I cook. I know that doesn't say much for my self control, but I very rarely feel hungry (or not hungry), and i will just keep eating until the "serving" is gone, and I live alone for the time being (my spouse is deployed and this makes it harder, as i am used to cooking for two). Thus, I ONLY buy smaller thin crust pizzas (if and when I even allow pizza in my house), that way I can eat the whole thing and it doesn't ruin my fitness plans. It makes a lot of work to cook everything in a single portion, versus leftovers, but if it helps me get where I want to be, then I'll do it.

There is no measuring stick for everyone's situation, body, emotions, etc., and how people react to those things. One person's drinking binge is another person's cheeseburger binge, is another person's obsessive gym attendance. Everyone has their own flaws, and methods of self expression, and people's judgment on here about this is ridiculous.
  • gastankerdriver
    Options
    For a whole pizza, I would recommend a bottle of magnesium citrate (CVS $2.99) or an 1/8 cup of psyllium whole husks with a big bottle of fruit juice like apple juice (real stuff) or pineapple coconut juice. If you really want to do a cleanse, try both, but don't make any plans for the evening.
  • yustick
    yustick Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Pizza is my biggest weakness. When I crave it, I find it is best to have it. It's embarrassing, but I'm proud of myself because I am down to 5 slices. Hell, just 70 days ago, it was nothing to eat a whole pizza with a 2 liter of coke for dinner a couple times a week.