Women when its that time.....?

Options

Replies

• woopidydoo
    woopidydoo Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    On the first day, I don't exercise. I have a hard time getting out of bed (no energy, lots of pain, terrible attitude) let alone working out.

Edit: I just remembered (after reading the post below me) that in Jr. High they always let us sit out of we had our period.
  • tofindmyselfprettyagain
    Options
    I don't see why some people are being rude. I'm 21 and actually found this out two years ago, after I graduated high school, because my school TAUGHT me that normal exercise was bad for you during your TOM. (Of course, I think I had the worst sex education in the united states, but that's another topic...)

Yeah, now that I know better it seems silly. But how exactly do you get to know better if you don't ask?
  • Flippiefloppies
    Options
    I am going to use the answer that someone posted the last time this was posted... Thanks to whomever it was...

As long as you don't go swimming in a pool of sharks, I don't see a problem.
  • kar2083
    kar2083 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    The first day is a no go for me. I am normally in no mood and generally don't feel 100%. The other days, after the cramps subside a bit, I have no problem working out. But I must admit that I tend to not be very motivated to go around that time of the month.
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I do! Sometimes, the first day I usually don't do more than a walk...only because of pure exhaustion. I have always been one to get hurt if I try and over strain my body!

But, aside from that....I feel it helps the cramps big time...I will say, it is not always the most comfortable.
  • Melyssaks
    Melyssaks Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    When its that time of the month do you still work out? Alot of women have advised me not to but they also have never worked out a day in their lives so I wanted some of the opinions of the ladies her on MFP.

Personally, I'm sick to my stomach the first 2 days so with all the throwing up/ not stomaching food I don't dare work out because of not having enough food in my system. I usually take the next day or 2 to build up food in my system again and then start working out near the end of it.

That works for me but I also know the extremity of my pain/ nauseous is unusual so other people may have no problem working out.

I would do what feels best for you :) If you can work out without any problems, do it! If it's making you sick or weak then take a couple of days off. Remember, working out shouldn't be a chore but make you feel better about yourself :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I have to. It helps with my anger issues. :explode:

If my period was so bad that I couldn't do my normal activities, I'd see a doctor about it.
  • em435
    em435 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm slightly anaemic so it's really not the best time for me to be going hard in the gym.. I still workout though, if only to preserve my sanity!
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I am going to use the answer that someone posted the last time this was posted... Thanks to whomever it was...

As long as you don't go swimming in a pool of sharks, I don't see a problem.

but they would make you swim faster...
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Why re-post something that is in the forums 100000000000000000000000000 damn times?
    DUDE....why are you reading (and getting bothered by) the period questions anyway?
  • Angie0rtiz
    Options
    Why re-post something that is in the forums 100000000000000000000000000 damn times?

I was actually looking if I found a similar one since yesterday and couldnt. Thats y I posted it. Ignore it if it borthers you so much!
    Thank you :)
  • Angie0rtiz
    Options
    No. Don't work out, you will die.

Reasoning behind your theory?
  • gettingfit1961
    Options
    Wow! People still think that way? Ridiculous! Given that there is not enough food in the universe to satisfy my appetite in the days before I start my period, I better work out or I'll gain 20 pounds in a week! :smile:
  • lyricalLies13
    Options
    I dont on the first day just because I always feels like death...but after that any day is fine to workout for me =]
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I workout...I just did this whole week. I do not know of any reason to not workout during your period.
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I usually take the first two days off [since they're the worse for me and my cramps, and they are heavy as hell]. The rest of the week I work out.
  • Angie0rtiz
    Options
    When its that time of the month do you still work out? Alot of women have advised me not to but they also have never worked out a day in their lives so I wanted some of the opinions of the ladies her on MFP.

Personally, I'm sick to my stomach the first 2 days so with all the throwing up/ not stomaching food I don't dare work out because of not having enough food in my system. I usually take the next day or 2 to build up food in my system again and then start working out near the end of it.

That works for me but I also know the extremity of my pain/ nauseous is unusual so other people may have no problem working out.

I would do what feels best for you :) If you can work out without any problems, do it! If it's making you sick or weak then take a couple of days off. Remember, working out shouldn't be a chore but make you feel better about yourself :)
    Thank you! My first couple of days are bad and I have a HEAVY flow with cramps and joint pain. Towards the end I do feel better but when I have worked out in the past My period has had the tendency to stick around for a extra day or 2! :(
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Yeap... I still workout!! No reason why not too, unless you are truly not feeling well from it. I have found so far that keeping your routine food wise and exercise wise the same during TOM will help keep some of the water weight from attacking the scale.

Since starting MFP back in January I have LOST weight every time during my TOM, which is interesting because I used to gain A LOT. My reasoning is that I don't use TOM as a excuse to fall back on bad habits. Work through it, and even if you don't lose weight that week, the following week is usually has a better outcome because of not overdoing it during TOM.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    What's bothers me so much is how clueless women seem to be when it comes to their periods in this day and age and the need for 100000000000 threads. I'd love to ignore these threads and most times I do skip right over them. But every once in awhile my mind is so baffled by this cluelessness that it's like a bad car wreck you can't look away, just can't ignore it.

Yes it is OK to engage in physical activity during that time of month. Yes you may experience a slight weight gain, do not panic it will go away when TOM does. Yes, there may be cramping, take a midol. If you feel that bad then exercise your commonsense and don't work out.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Not all the time.

Just like my moods during that time, sometimes I just want to lay on the couch like a fat hybernating bear and not move. Then there are other days where I feel energetic and go for a long run or a good workout at the gym.