23 lbs lost - colleagues say I've not lost weigh!

Options

Replies

• ethannosaurus
    ethannosaurus Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'd like to say a big thanks to everyone for all the support. I would reply to everyone of you but it would take me forever!!!!

I think I needed the bit of support... what a great community it is on here :)
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Of course u can tell u have lost weight :)
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Definately a difference!! Great job!!
  • mandypooh2103
    mandypooh2103 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I can see the diff. your adamsapple or however you spell is visible now.....great job!
  • 2kidzlater
    2kidzlater Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Haters!
    Great job, u can see that you lost weight!
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    You have lose weight! More importantly WHERE DID YOU GET THAT GREMLINS t-shirt? I WANT ONE
  • krstal02
    krstal02 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I see a difference RIGHT away. Your face is slimmer. Don't be fooled by your co-workers they are pulling your leg
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Ur colleagues are blind I think. I can see a big difference well done :-)
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    They are blind - tell them to get their eyes checked
  • MrsHutcho9988
    Options
    I can tell, but people who are around you all the time dont notice things like that unless its a huge weight loss like 50-100+lbs. You look great though so dont let it bug you.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    a big difference Id say!. But who cares, YOU are the one using smaller sizes, YOU are the one feeling better, not them!
    :drinker:
  • ppar73
    ppar73 Posts: 6
    Options
    My thoughts exactly
  • girlwapp
    girlwapp Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    definitely can see it in the face. Keep up the good work, they'll notice (and be jealous) when they hear how well you've done and how much healthier you are! :)
  • myf1101
    myf1101 Posts: 99
    Options
    You have definately lost weight. Clear to see in your face, but I can also see it in your body shape. They don't know what they are talking about - are the jealous perhaps?
  • AyanaSan
    AyanaSan Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Your colleagues are don't sound very supportive and furthermore they may be visually impaired. You look great!!! :smile:
  • NMJosephs
    NMJosephs Posts: 185
    Options
    You can totally tell in your face!

But they say it takes 4 weeks for you to notice a change, 8 weeks for those close to you, and 12 weeks for everyone else.

Stick with it, you know you're making changes and making progress. You've got this! :)
  • tanya2581
    Options
    I can see a food weight difference, especially in your face, the clothes you are wearing are not giving much away so as you loose weight your old clothes will be baggy may keep you visually looking bigger, we use this trick in theatre costumes to bulk up the characters.

When I was loosing pre wedding weight in 2010/2011 those I was around daily didn't notice my weight loss, until I did some freelance work for three months with another company when I returned to the previous company everyone commented on how much they could see I'd lost. To them they thought I lost the most when away but I hadn't lost anymore per week than I did before. Don't let this get you down, do full body photos in same clothes and take measurement every two weeks and you will feel positive.

Keep up whatever you are doing and do it for yourself worth.
  • BeccaLevine
    BeccaLevine Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Puhlease, you look great! Can especially tell in the face...but I have lost over 50lbs and my co workers don't say much because they see me everyday..but when I see friends or relatives I haven't seen in months they flip! Keep it up you're doing great!
  • stephenatl09
    stephenatl09 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I can tell too. I see it in your face and your upper body. I know it can be disheartening when people do not notice. I went through the same thing. Just stick to it and keep the faith. Soon one day they will all come up to you and say wow what have you done .....
    Great job !!!

edit to add..I was wearing the same clothes which were big to hide my weight then once I started really feeling it got out of my baggy clothes is when people started noticing. Thought this might help in some way :smile:
  • ethannosaurus
    ethannosaurus Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You have lose weight! More importantly WHERE DID YOU GET THAT GREMLINS t-shirt? I WANT ONE

From a store here in the UK :) When I no longer fit in mine I'll ship it over :P
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!