Someone explain to me why I'm gaining weight? :P

Options
124»

Replies

• CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    If I'm eating an average of 1600 and gaining I would gain a LOT more than .2 pounds a week on over 2000 calories. On days I eat over 1900 I feel ridiculously bloated, I just can't manage it. To put things in perspective I have a really really small frame and I've always been tiny, so my normal is different from BMI normal.
    I understand where your coming from on the bmi thing. I'm also on the tip of underweight according to it. But the first part of the quote above is illogical. You might gain a little at first. But no...you cant say just because you eat a certain amount and gain you'll gain more with higher, thats not the way it works. There are many that are livong proof of that, me included.

My opinion since I'm one of your mfp friends is your not eating enough (expecially if your on your feet). I'm shorter and weigh less then you, you should be able to eat more then me and loose...all that being said I think for your specific case even the slim ones will suggest you eat enough to gain as dining halls are kinda fail on nutrition. Also it doesnt sound like your being accurate with food and exercise cals, Goodluck!
  • littlemiss5foot1
    littlemiss5foot1 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    foods like that are al cooked in loads of salt and carborhydrates, i work on aminesite and have the same problem, i pretty much am living of protein shakes and carrot sticks and every few days ill have a Coke Zero, cant wait till i go home n can have real food!!