One year ago (5'3, 28 pounds lost)

Options
jpbrk
jpbrk Posts: 8 Member
What a difference a year makes! I always liked seeing shorter girls on here so I thought I'd add my modest success.

fat2.jpg
Worst photo of my life:
fat1.jpg

Running the half marathon I'm watching in the first photo:
halfmarathon.jpg
streetstyle.jpg

Thanks for looking! Hoping to inspire myself to keep it up :)

Replies

• Phoenixsky13
    Phoenixsky13 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Do you mind sharing your beginning and ending weight? How did you do it?
  • misscaseycakes
    misscaseycakes Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I hope to achieve what you've done as well! Being so young, I assume you went to school. I constantly get hungry; are there any good snacks you can recommend? It's hard keeping fruits and stuff since I have nothing to keep them cool or from browning, etc.

Also, I'm 4'9", so woo! Thanks for the encouragement, although to me, you're way tall :p
  • jpbrk
    Options
    Thanks ladies :)

I started at about 145, give or take a few, and I'm currently hovering around 117. I feel like I'm at my body's comfortable, happy weight, if that makes sense.

I am still in school, I'm 22 and a senior about to face the real world! I lost a large portion of the weight from August to December last year. I had a super busy class schedule and began working part-time as well, so I rarely had time to focus on how hungry I was. I ate (and still eat!) a Kind Apricot and Almond Mini bar or apple whenever I'm feeling hungry. I often have to stay on campus all day and I usually don't make time to eat lunch, so unfortunately I usually get Chick-Fil-A (chargrilled sandwich, a classic) or some other relatively healthy option with some meat because I rarely cook it at home.
  • dramajudy
    Options
    Absolutely gorgeous! Congrats (:
  • jpbrk
    Options
    I should add that I also took up running! I used to hate hate hate it, but I did couch to 5k over the summer and ran my first race ever, a half marathon, in February. I feel like the dietary change was most helpful though, to be honest.
  • dramajudy
    Options
    Results are: 80% what you eat, 20% what you do to counteract what you eat.
    At least from my experience
  • yogibella
    yogibella Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    you look fabulous!! congrats on your hard work & the half-marathon!! thanks for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • jaireed
    jaireed Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Wonderful job! Keep it up!
  • ST99000722
    ST99000722 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    You look great, congrats :smile:
  • jeepzilla
    jeepzilla Posts: 201
    Options
    you look awesome keep up the great work!!
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great and congrats on running the marathon you should be proud of your success! xx :flowerforyou:
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I love seeing young people succeed in weight loss. Being overweight is so damaging for your self esteem, how people see you, choices you make, things you miss out on because your weight. So brilliant!
  • SoBodyMazing
    Options
    You look Great!!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    You amazing and so Fit....Congrats...I am inspired...Thanks just the push I need to continue my morning work!!
  • toutepechtite
    Options
    You look fabulous! Congratulations! And since I've just found out I'm your height (always thought I was a bit shorter, though never felt it), I'm going to use you as a model.
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Congrats. We have the same starting weight and same height. We also have the same goal weight (your ending weight) although I may change that to a bit lower once I get there.

I'm glad to finally find someone young with the same stats as me. Gives me hope haha :)
  • moepwr
    moepwr Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    WTG! Great job!
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    you look awesome!! great work!
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you look awesome!
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great and so much more confident. Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!