Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

One year ago (5'3, 28 pounds lost)

Replies

• Bride2B1103
    Bride2B1103 Posts: 37 Member
    You look fabulous!! I always love seeing people my height and starting weight on here. Definitely an inspiration! Keep up the good work! :)
  • bholmes21
    bholmes21 Posts: 59 Member
    you look awesome!! way to go! SO inspiring :)
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    wow!
  • nycalison
    nycalison Posts: 51 Member
    You look amazing, don't discredit yourself though, 28lbs lost (and kept off) is a big achievement :) Thanks for sharing!
  • dlynnkind
    dlynnkind Posts: 134 Member
    Modest success? Are you kidding? 28 pounds is a great loss! And you are looking awesome.
  • that is awesome you look great
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    you look so beautiful!!! i am the same height as you and i know what 30 pounds looks like haha you look incredible! kudos for getting active and healthy! ;D
  • FoodieGal09
    FoodieGal09 Posts: 198 Member
    Even though I'm 5' 7", I'm inspired seeing this post.
    I'm starting C25K and it's great to see how many people have success with it.
    I hope I look half as good as you by the time I'm done, good work!
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    thanks for sharing! we are the same height and same starting weight. My goal is be 125-130 lbs. If i can get to 117 that would be awesome!
  • jennit1801
    jennit1801 Posts: 14 Member
    Sounds oh so familiar! I am running my first 5K in June and I am really starting to enjoy my training!
  • kieva626
    kieva626 Posts: 191 Member
    Congrats fellow shortie!!!! you look amazing!!!
  • You look amazing!!! Thank you for the inspiration this morning:)
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,186 Member

streetstyle.jpg

Thanks for looking! Hoping to inspire myself to keep it up :)

Holy crap! YOur babin it now!
  • DKing33
    DKing33 Posts: 78 Member
    Congrats on a huge success! You look great, keep up the good work!
  • Congratulations hot stuff! Your transformation is amazing and beautiful! And you're so right, it's awesome to see success stories of us 5'3" ladies. Six months from now I will have worked to mirror the success you've had and will constantly remind myself to make this a lifelong lifestyle.

On that note, I sincerely hope that you will continue the diligence to maintain this lifestyle that's gotten you so fit and healthy. I lost 30lbs and was very comfortable at 127lbs when I was in my mid-20's. Love and lifestyle changes made me fat again for far too long. Add two babies and 12 years and I needed to lose that same 30lbs again. If I could turn back time this would be my advice to myself as it would've saved me gobs of self-loathing.

Best of luck to you!
  • sgirl29
    sgirl29 Posts: 326 Member
    Congrats on your successs girly! Looking great!! :)
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Thank you!!

I'm also 5'3", but I have a little more to lose than you . . . do you mind me asking what was your starting weight and current?
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Thanks ladies :)

I started at about 145, give or take a few, and I'm currently hovering around 117. I feel like I'm at my body's comfortable, happy weight, if that makes sense.

I am still in school, I'm 22 and a senior about to face the real world! I lost a large portion of the weight from August to December last year. I had a super busy class schedule and began working part-time as well, so I rarely had time to focus on how hungry I was. I ate (and still eat!) a Kind Apricot and Almond Mini bar or apple whenever I'm feeling hungry. I often have to stay on campus all day and I usually don't make time to eat lunch, so unfortunately I usually get Chick-Fil-A (chargrilled sandwich, a classic) or some other relatively healthy option with some meat because I rarely cook it at home.

Oops! Sorry - I'm slow. Great job!!
  • Izanami66
    Izanami66 Posts: 181 Member
    What a difference a year makes! I always liked seeing shorter girls on here so I thought I'd add my modest success.

Thanks for looking! Hoping to inspire myself to keep it up :)

You look gorgeous girl!! Well done. We're the same height and starting weight, so that's very inspiring to me!! What kind of exercising did you do? I saw your post about food, but didn't see what you did working out, other than the marathon, of course! I've never been a runner, though, unless I'm being chased. :wink:

:flowerforyou:
  • jpbrk
    jpbrk Posts: 8 Member
    Wow, thanks for the kind words everyone!

As far as exercise, it's mostly just running 3x/week. I usually do two shorter runs (3-4 miles) and a longer one on the weekend (6-7 miles). I'm starting to do strength exercises though (your standard circuit training type stuff) so hopefully I'll start getting some muscle.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!