muscles no thanks

Options

Replies

• Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    how can I avoid gaining muscles?

Don't take steroids while lifting weights.

For the vast majority of the population (male and female) a moderate program of weight lifting will increase your strength, improve your injury resistance and make you feel a lot better without adding bulk. Bodybuilders spend hours a day in the gym and, I suspect, give mother nature a helping hand.

Hmmmm.... So the only way to not gain muscle is to stay away from steroids.
  • joe7880
    joe7880 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thank you briansharpe I won't take any steroids. I was hit by a car so can't do any lifting because of I have a shattered disk in my spine and tendonitis in my right shoulder.

Hello mandyloo, but if I want to lose fat don't I have to exercise?

Thanks for your responses!

Building muscle strength may be the best solution to your injuries. Going for physical therapy may be very beneficial for your injuries and weight loss (two birds, one stone). Good luck with your goals!
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • Testosterone
    Testosterone Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I have to question why anybody would respond to this post. Its just stupid.

because some people want to help and see others succeed and some people think that's stupid.

Believe me, I have always been here to help but the question "how can I avoid gaining muscles?" doesn't warrant an intelligent response. There is nothing behind it. It sounds like somebody looking for trouble. Sorry.

actually that thought did cross my mind reading this, as though it was a troll post.
  • Testosterone
    Options
    I've never understood why people who "like muscles" have to be so mean when someone says they don't want that. When I was 22 I never did strength training. In fact, I didn't really exercise much at all, other than what life through at me. And I was firm, had plenty of energy and rocked my bikini. Youth is like that.

Some of you might use those muscles to climb down off your high horse.

because stronger people are harder to kill and more useful in general.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I've never understood why people who "like muscles" have to be so mean when someone says they don't want that. When I was 22 I never did strength training. In fact, I didn't really exercise much at all, other than what life through at me. And I was firm, had plenty of energy and rocked my bikini. Youth is like that.

I think the OP could have worded the question better if she wanted intelligent answers. Has nothing to do with being holier than thou.
  • Testosterone
    Options
    how can I avoid gaining muscles?

Don't take steroids while lifting weights.

For the vast majority of the population (male and female) a moderate program of weight lifting will increase your strength, improve your injury resistance and make you feel a lot better without adding bulk. Bodybuilders spend hours a day in the gym and, I suspect, give mother nature a helping hand.

Hmmmm.... So the only way to not gain muscle is to stay away from steroids.

dont question it bro, guys a genius.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Why would you not want muscle? Having muscle helps you stay strong, fit, and have a higher metabolism than you would without. You're never going to look bulky without some serious intentional effort. I'd rather not be weak and atrophied when I get to my goal.

*never look bulky ever, shes a woman. its not possible, without needles.

I think her definition of bulky is different from yours. Her vision of bulky is indeed possible with a well intentioned calorie surplus and heavy lifting for an extended period of time. I know it's hard for you to grasp, but people can do this without the aid of performance enhancing drugs.

OP, at a calorie deficit, you will not gain muscle. However, it would behoove you to maintain what you have.

no, it isnt. a woman cannot get the body of a man, period.

I didn't say she would get the body of a man. The word bulky is subjective.

Actually, fat is bulky, muscle is lean.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I have to question why anybody would respond to this post. Its just stupid.

because some people want to help and see others succeed and some people think that's stupid.

Believe me, I have always been here to help but the question "how can I avoid gaining muscles?" doesn't warrant an intelligent response. There is nothing behind it. It sounds like somebody looking for trouble. Sorry.

You can give people who are hoping to change their lives the benefit of the doubt by trying to figure out what they actually mean by their question. Those who care enough to read between the lines or who have discussed this with young women before, know that they usually mean-

"Im scared to start doing strength training because Im not sure how my body will react, if I will get bigger when I'd rather slim down, if it will make my veins pop out and give me a unfeminine physique. It also seems likea lot of work and I dont know if Im cut out to do it. Does anyone have any advice for me."

Would answering THAT question be stupid? Or is that one worthy?
  • oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,527 Member
    Options
    I love muscles and how I can eat more, move better, stronger bones, better balance, nicer looking *kitten*, confidence, pick up heavy things, wear smaller pants, look great in my clothes and out of them...yeah good luck with the no muscle thing. Life should be grand for you.

I agree!!!!

And this woman is a hottie for sure!! Listen to her, she knows what she is talking about!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

Bech, I don't mind the weak, actually I prefer having someone behind me to distract the zombies.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options

Not everyone that likes muscle is like that. My opinion is do what you like as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. I don't force my views or opinions on anyone. So maybe you that don't want muscle should not judge those of us that do want muscle either.
  • yoovie
    Options

I think the OP could have worded the question better if she wanted intelligent answers. Has nothing to do with being holier than thou.

Pretty sure grownups have the ability to reword things automatically in their head. Shrug.

Good luck to the OP, I hope that you find a way to embrace the spectrum of getting healthy in all its forms without being scared that something ugly will happen to your body. Im vain about how I look naked, I wouldnt lift if I thought it would make me look unattractive in that way. Im not partial to the female body building type either, but that's also not what Im training for- so my results are different.

THe good thing about lifting and ST is that its alwayscustomized specifically for you :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Useful in what way? Besides, most weapons will kill you just as quickly as someone that doesn't lift.
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Fitness is supposed to hurt. If it doesnt hurt, you arent pushing yourself.

Umm... hurt? No. Pushing yourself out of your comfort zone? Definitely. But you should never hurt yourself. Fitness isn't 'supposed to hurt'. It's supposed to make you feel f***ing amazing when you're done, like you've achieved something. If I'm writhing in pain, and need weeks off to recover, that's not achieving anything. Discomfort is different to pain. Pain is your body telling you to stop.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Actually, it seems that some responders could learn better reading comprehension. The OP didn't say she wanted to be weak or have no muscles or even lose muscle. She asked how to avoid gaining muscle. There is a difference.
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to have any muscles but I would say do just cardio and have a deficit in calories, that should do it!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options

Its because those who don't like muscles don't understand how important muscles are especially when it comes to our strength, metabolism & health. They got the wrong notion that having muscles means looking like a female Arnold Schwarzengger which is very false. Those women who ended up like that are juicing up on testosterone pills aside from the long hours of training but without it, these women will not get bulky since we women lack the necessary testosterone levels needed to build large muscles. Right now I bench press 60 lbs. & squat 75 lbs. and I've been doing that for more than a year but I don't have a bodybuilder-like body.

Amici029.jpg
    Litrato0173.jpg
    8336780_1381.jpg

FYI, our heart is also a muscle.
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Eat fast food and lay on the couch all day :noway:
  • yoovie
    Options

Useful in what way? Besides, most weapons will kill you just as quickly as someone that doesn't lift.

forget weapons... think Job skills.