Any low Carbers out there?

Options
Lotte34
Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
Hi guys
I am not new to MFP by any stretch and adore the friends I have made on here. However, I only know one lady who is doing low carb. Are any of you lovely folks trying to reduce your carb intake or following a more ridgid no carb diet?
It would be lovely to hear from you, please feel free to add me with a little message.
Good luck with your weight and fitness journey, I look forwards to sharing it with you.
Lotte

Replies

• roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    No. And personally I dont think anyone should completely reduce/cut out a portion of their diet. Just stick within your calorie goals and try and switch up things to healthier choices. I still eat bread/tortillas/wraps most days and haven't dropped dead or stopped losing weight.
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    former low carber, did keto for like 6 months and got pretty lean... thought it worked but then i noticed it really didnt for a number of reasons carbs are good its moderation that is key
  • carolann_22
    carolann_22 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I try to keep to under 50g a day per the Endocrinologist. You can add me :)
  • wilson1024
    wilson1024 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Def a low carb diet! Keep a 1200 calorie and 20 to 25 carbs a day and you will lose! Lots of yummy receipes out there! Check out "Linda's low carb receipes" online. You can still eat healthy and lose weight most def! And exercise of course! Good Luck!
  • rcm1973
    rcm1973 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm low carbing (NOT no carbing!) I'm diabetic and don't really have a choice, if I want to get healthy and drop weight. I try to stay around 120-130 carbs/day. Mostly from fruits and veggies, but I do have the occasional tortilla or use bread crumbs in a recipe, etc. Feel free to add me as a friend!!
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm a low carber..add me :)
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Low Carber here.
  • Katie1951
    Katie1951 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I work towards a low carb diet because I am pre diabetic and am taking metformin ER. The better I can control those carbs the less I crave them. Have really seen a difference in my weight loss by not incorporating them in my diet.
  • BrayneZ
    BrayneZ Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    No. And personally I dont think anyone should completely reduce/cut out a portion of their diet. Just stick within your calorie goals and try and switch up things to healthier choices. I still eat bread/tortillas/wraps most days and haven't dropped dead or stopped losing weight.

Not sure I'm comfortable with the tone of judgement this post reeks of (and complete ignorant insensitivity). Low carb diets (apart from being a very effective fat loss tool) can be necessitated by many medical conditions too.

Currently in a keto cutting cycle. Going great. Feeling great. Loving cheese.
  • MsPetuniaPig
    MsPetuniaPig Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get back there. Lost my motivation.. but curbing it back that way. :) I try for no more than 40 and 1300 calories.
  • MsPetuniaPig
    MsPetuniaPig Posts: 74 Member
    Options

Everybody has their own methods. What works for us, works for us... I haven't dropped dead either. Just sayin' :)
  • FireSwan
    FireSwan Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    yes, I try to keep my net carbs below 75. I try to get the majority of my carbs from fruits, veg , beans etc. Adding lots of fiber. I will have the occasional low carb or corn tortilla, but try to stay away from processed foods as much as possible.
    feel free to add me
  • Katie1951
    Katie1951 Posts: 314 Member
    Options

Everybody has their own methods. What works for us, works for us... I haven't dropped dead either. Just sayin' :)

Wish there was a like button on this site. You said it very well. I'm pre diabetic and at my doctor's suggestion I try to keep my carbs to 100 or less a day.
  • Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    Options
    I'm a low carber! Add me! I did it for a few months, fell off track and did low cal, felt like CRAP! Now I'm back to low carb and love it! I feel so much better than I did with all that crap in my body! Any low carbers, ADD ME! I'd love to help motivate and support you all!
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    yep, under 50g per day of carbs and I'm in the UK. Eating lots of oils and fats, naturally.

The photo isn't me, it's a guy that nobody told about starvation mode ;-)
  • EnuffaMyButt
    EnuffaMyButt Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi guys
    I am not new to MFP by any stretch and adore the friends I have made on here. However, I only know one lady who is doing low carb. Are any of you lovely folks trying to reduce your carb intake or following a more ridgid no carb diet?
    It would be lovely to hear from you, please feel free to add me with a little message.
    Good luck with your weight and fitness journey, I look forwards to sharing it with you.
    Lotte

I'm low carbing. You can add me.
  • thecrazy1
    thecrazy1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi

nice to meet a fellow low-carber you can add me. I lost 10lbs in the first 2 weeks staled abit now but have never felt better
    dont forget the group at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-group.
    ket's keep each other motivated
  • traceyjayne64
    Options
    Hi Lotte, im doing the Atkins (sort of) i have been following it since Feb 1st and lost 28lbs so far. More recently ive not been too rigid with it, but generally i dont go above 15-20 carb daily, and thats just veg and salad carbs. I dont eat any bread, rice, pasta etc. Im never hungry and i seem be ok..certainly no side effects.:smile:
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options

Not sure I'm comfortable with the tone of judgement this post reeks of (and complete ignorant insensitivity). Low carb diets (apart from being a very effective fat loss tool) can be necessitated by many medical conditions too.

Currently in a keto cutting cycle. Going great. Feeling great. Loving cheese.

Do you feel better about yourself now that you've made someone else "look bad"?

Okay, let me amend what I said to please some anonymous person. I dont think people should cut something completely out of their diet unless supervised by a professional. DERP
  • calmitchell
    Options
    I don't eat any added carbs. I eat fruit, veg etc. and get my carbs from these, but I have cut out bread, rice, potato etc. After much discussion with my doctor, a slight intolerance to 'carb' products means that I bloat and it really affects my IBS, so have cut it out now for 2 months, and haven't had a problem with my IBS since. I miss them all, especially chips and pasta, but the loss of stomach cramps and toilet trips makes it all worth while, and I've managed to lose a stone in weight during this time. It may not work for everyone, but it's worked for me. Add me please! xx