Any low Carbers out there?

Options

Replies

• vibi575
    vibi575 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm doing a low carb diet because it works better for me. Since I started watching my carb intake my belly has notice the difference. Not to mention that I have more energy and feel less tired on a daily basis. :)
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I just started low carb couple weeks ago and I like it iv noticed it is helping me with my weight loss. But I still eat bread, rice etc but not all the time any more. I don't even crave it had much anymore. Im learning getting most of my carbs from veggies and fruit
  • greencup13
    greencup13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    there is a whole community of us. r/keto and check out the reddit page www.reddit.com/r/keto

youre welcome
  • Resalyn
    Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    No. And personally I dont think anyone should completely reduce/cut out a portion of their diet. Just stick within your calorie goals and try and switch up things to healthier choices. I still eat bread/tortillas/wraps most days and haven't dropped dead or stopped losing weight.

Not sure I'm comfortable with the tone of judgement this post reeks of (and complete ignorant insensitivity). Low carb diets (apart from being a very effective fat loss tool) can be necessitated by many medical conditions too.

Currently in a keto cutting cycle. Going great. Feeling great. Loving cheese.

Do you feel better about yourself now that you've made someone else "look bad"?

Okay, let me amend what I said to please some anonymous person. I dont think people should cut something completely out of their diet unless supervised by a professional. DERP

"Made someone else look bad"? You made YOURSELF look bad, and were called out on your actions. Own up.

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

I have lived LC in the past, and it works for a lot of people! I'm trying something different right now - but wish you the best of luck in your LC journey! There are a ton of nice people on here, LCers and nonLCers. As for the ones who are judgemental and/or try to bash you or the LC way - Ignore the jerks....
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I am a low carber and you can add me if you wish. Hang in there and you can do this
  • Testosterone
    Testosterone Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hi guys
    I am not new to MFP by any stretch and adore the friends I have made on here. However, I only know one lady who is doing low carb. Are any of you lovely folks trying to reduce your carb intake or following a more ridgid no carb diet?
    It would be lovely to hear from you, please feel free to add me with a little message.
    Good luck with your weight and fitness journey, I look forwards to sharing it with you.
    Lotte
    i eat 50/35/15 protein/fat/carbs
  • tiffmode
    tiffmode Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm staying relatively low carb. I don't stress about numbers on the weekends, but stick below 50g during the week. Add me :)

Also, let's stop quoting each other and getting defensive. This site is for support. Let's support each other or keep negative thoughts to ourselves.
  • Noodles014
    Options
    Can you expound on why with found keto "worked but didn't work"?
  • luviedovie
    Options
    i'm a slow carber. currently trying to keep under 75g a day but most days i get under 50g. i feel fantastic, im thinking i could live like this and being a huge lover of sweets, i think it has helped me with cravings. also, dont feel so lost in the world trying to figure out what to eat, just stay away from processed foods and fruit and i'm good.
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I feel best when I stick with lower carb intake. I was doing lower (25-30g/day) but I've loosened up lately and I'm shooting for an avg of 50-75g/day. Mostly I try and eat non-starchy veggies and a maybe a piece of fruit. Protein and good fats make up the rest of my "diet". I feel great, I'm getting lots of variety and I don't feel like bingeing like I do with a higher carb intake.
    For those of you who are saying "Don't cut out a whole group of food" ummm, I'm not. I'm limiting my intake so that I look, feel and perform better. Every body is different. You may be able to ingest over 150g of carbs a day and feel great...me, not so much. I'll keep doing what works for ME, you keep doing what works for YOU.
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Another low carber here, and welcome to the reason we have our low carb groups. LOL
  • huntingforhipbones
    Options
    No. And personally I dont think anyone should completely reduce/cut out a portion of their diet. Just stick within your calorie goals and try and switch up things to healthier choices. I still eat bread/tortillas/wraps most days and haven't dropped dead or stopped losing weight.

Woah judgemental much? Guess I should ring my doctor and tell her that I'm sorry, I can't follow my metformin/PCOS diet OR I'LL DROP DEAD FROM LACK OF EMPTY STARCHES!!!!1
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options

Not sure I'm comfortable with the tone of judgement this post reeks of (and complete ignorant insensitivity). Low carb diets (apart from being a very effective fat loss tool) can be necessitated by many medical conditions too.

Okay, let me amend what I said to please some anonymous person. I dont think people should cut something completely out of their diet unless supervised by a professional. DERP

"Made someone else look bad"? You made YOURSELF look bad, and were called out on your actions. Own up.

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

I have lived LC in the past, and it works for a lot of people! I'm trying something different right now - but wish you the best of luck in your LC journey! There are a ton of nice people on here, LCers and nonLCers. As for the ones who are judgemental and/or try to bash you or the LC way - Ignore the jerks....

I still don't understand how telling people to not completely cut something out of their diet makes me the bad guy? I think most people will agree that you should eat everything in moderation.
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I started South beach at the begining of the month. The focus isn't low carbs, but most approved foods for phase 1 are. You can check out my diary. I usually am between 60-70 carbs/day
  • mrswright71
    Options
    I follow the paleo diet (and yes, I crossfit, I know I will get comments for both), which isn't about "low" carbs but about eating the "right" carbs - as in, carbs from fruits and vegetables. Add me if you like.
  • kathyc609
    kathyc609 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    low carbing and never felt better : )
  • leanerchick
    Options
    I just started 2 weeks ago with my goals of 6 servings of carbs daily and TRYING to do no more than 15 g sugar per day...now THAT'S hard! I'm finding I'm not as hungry, and not actually wanting carbs!!! This is coming from a pasta freak... I'm down 8 lbs already, of course much of the first week 5 lbs was water weight but hey, I'll take it! My clothes are so much more comfortable and I'm even seeing a difference in the mirror. Eating a lot more veggies and getting a lot more fiber in too. Lovin' it! Add me as a friend;-)
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a slow carb thing... (4hour body) I've been doing it for about a month and I love it!!
    it's basically no starchy carbs and no fruit - beans, veggies, and lean protein w/each meal. 6 days a week of this -- one cheat day a week.
  • Resalyn
    Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I still don't understand how telling people to not completely cut something out of their diet makes me the bad guy? I think most people will agree that you should eat everything in moderation.

I think y'all have brain damage from not treating yourself to a bagel.

I think your tone is what set most people off, me included. And your unsolicited advice. The OP wasn't asking what you think about her way of eating. She has already made her educated decision to live a LC lifestyle. Living LOW carb doesn't mean living NO carb. A person can get more than enough healthy carbs from veggies and fruit and never eat rice or bread again.

The bottom line is that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Doesn't make one a "bad guy" - jumping in to a conversation with unsolicited advice in a rude tone just makes one seem.......... rude and obnoxious. If that was your intention, then you succeeded.

And from your "brain damage" comnment above - I'm pretty sure rude and obnoxious is what you were going for.
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

I think y'all have brain damage from not treating yourself to a bagel.

That sweet munky in my ticker has brain damage and if low carbing makes us more like him (full of joy despite his circumstances, unconditionally loving and forgiving and always up for dancing)...well that's just one more reason I think we've made the right choice.

Thanks for going there though. Makes these boards a much more pleasant place to be.