Chris Powell 7-Day Carb Cycle Solution

Options

Replies

• rickintn1970
    Options
    Hi. I am new here...I understand pretty good english, but have o problem with speaking (writing), so sorry for eventual mistake.
    I didn't read Chris Powell's book, but trying to keep his diet.

I think...calories are important too. I'm trying to combine the calories value with carb values.
    After I read this topic, I have a problem...veggies have carb, too. Sometimes veggies have more carb than fruits...This carbs are not important? When I plan my meals, I don't add this carbs at my carb count as they are from veggies?
    Sorry for the eventually mistakes...I hope somebody will help me...

Calories are important too. So, I do measure my food instead of guestimating by the hand measurements. As far as the carbs in veggies. Some of them do have more carbs. So, it is important to make smart choices. I tend to stick with the low carb veggies like cucumbers, celery, green beans, etc.
  • rickintn1970
    Options
    Chris has come out with a new carb cycling plan that is way more specific and comes with a free app for smart phones. Instead of the every other day cycle, this new one operates on a 2 low carb days, 1 high carb day, repeat, then the 7th day is a guilt free day. I started this program less than a week ago and am already down 8.1#! WIN.

that's great..I was thinking of trying it....how have you done so far?

I can't speak for everyone. But, I just finished my first week of the turbo and I lost 13 pounds. My wife did the same and lost 4 pounds. The difference is I drank a ton of water and measured all my food where she guestimated her food and didn't drink much water. I can't drink as much as Chris tells you to drink (half your body weight in ounces). But, I do manage to get in around 160 ounces a day.
  • iuia
    iuia Posts: 2
    Options
    Calories are important too. So, I do measure my food instead of guestimating by the hand measurements. As far as the carbs in veggies. Some of them do have more carbs. So, it is important to make smart choices. I tend to stick with the low carb veggies like cucumbers, celery, green beans, etc.

Thank you very much for reply.

I didn't understood very well the estimating with hand...that is why I prefer to measure all food and...I have some problems with numbers as I don"t know very good their limits. How much calories and carbohydrates in a low day and how much in a high day? Chris said that, the low limit has to be 1200/1500 calories per day (woman/man), and the reward day has to be maxim 2200 cal. But which is the high limit in a low-carb day, and what are the limits (max and min) for the high-carb day? I have the same problem with the carbohydrates...
  • luca_come
    luca_come Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this will help or not. But, I wanted to respond to those who are wondering how many carbs you should eat. I have seen on Chris' and Heidi's FB both to not worry about the numbers. As long as you are eating according to the plan, then you should be okay as long as you are making healthy choices.

So, let me break this down like Chris did in his book. This is the average per meal estimate

PROTEIN

Hand Portion 1 Palm
    Men's Portion 5 Oz
    Women's Portion 3 Oz

CARBS

Hand Portion 1 Fist
    Men's Portion 1 1/2 Cups
    Women's Portion 1 Cup

VEGGIES

Hand Portion 2 Fists
    Men's Portion 3 Cups
    Women's Portion 2 Cups

FATS

Hand Portion 1 thumb
    Men's portion 2 TBSP
    Women's Portion 1 TBSP

Each of the above are serving sizes. If you don't want to measure, use the hand portion to measure

Depending on what plan you want to go on, you can do an easy, classic, turbo, or Fit Cycle. You can go to his website to figure out which one would fit your needs. Go to this page and scroll to the bottom - http://chrispowell.com/carb-cycling-101/

LOW CARB DAYS MEALS

Meal 1: 1 Protein Portion plus 1 carb portion plus 1 vegetable portion
    Meal 2 through Meal 5: 1 Protein Portion plus 1 Fat Portion Plus 1 Vegetable portion at each meal

HIGH CARB DAYS MEALS

Meal 1 through Meal 5: 1 protein portion plus 1 carb portion plus 1 vegetable portion

REWARD DAYS

It is recommended that you do not go over 1,000 calories more than you eat on the other days. But, you are free to have what you want.

THE CONCEPT

The concept really makes sense to me. I was on low carb once before. I remember that every once in a while, I would have a high carb day if I quit losing. Also, to keep cravings down, I had a cheat day and it did not cause me to gain weight. So, that is why I chose this plan.

HOW MANY CARBS

As long as you are following the 1 carb portion at breakfast on low carb days and the 1 carb portion at each of your meals on the high carb days you are fine. The carbs are going to vary depending on what you. For example. A man can have 1 1/2 cups of a carb. On the recommended food choice list that was mentioned earlier in this thread, I chose skim milk, apples, and air popped popcorn

1 1/2 Cups Skim milk has 18 carbs
    1 1/2 cups chopped apples is 26 carbs
    1 1/2 cups air popped popcorn is 7 carbs

So, the carbs are going to vary. It is not the total carbs. It is the quality of the carbs you choose. I hope this helps :)
    Did you go by the first book or the second book?

This was the second book

This serving size are cooked size or raw?
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Bump to read more later
  • Kendallsmom33
    Kendallsmom33 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • luca_come
    luca_come Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Also do you know how the proportion are? Like 60% carbs 40% prot in high-carbs day? And in low-carb?
  • DayleDG
    DayleDG Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I am starting week 5 of Chris Powell's turbo cycle. I didn't realize that after 3 weeks the 4th week is a slingshot week and you are supposed to have high carb days all week. Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I make week 5 my slingshot week or keep going with the turbo cycle (2 days low and 1 day high) for the next 3 weeks and then make that week 4 a slingshot week?
  • tdawg875
    tdawg875 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am using my week 5 as my slingshot week because I knew I would be in a couple situations last week (instead of just one day) where I wouldn't be eating on point. I am hoping after this week and I start back up with the turbo cycle next week that the weight will start coming off again.
    Hi, I am starting week 5 of Chris Powell's turbo cycle. I didn't realize that after 3 weeks the 4th week is a slingshot week and you are supposed to have high carb days all week. Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I make week 5 my slingshot week or keep going with the turbo cycle (2 days low and 1 day high) for the next 3 weeks and then make that week 4 a slingshot week?
  • lgomez75
    lgomez75 Posts: 115
    Options
    Can i add you as a friend? I just started carb cycling (looked up scoobys cc) but as with anything new im sure it will take time :)))

I don't know if this will help or not. But, I wanted to respond to those who are wondering how many carbs you should eat. I have seen on Chris' and Heidi's FB both to not worry about the numbers. As long as you are eating according to the plan, then you should be okay as long as you are making healthy choices.

So, let me break this down like Chris did in his book. This is the average per meal estimate

PROTEIN

Hand Portion 1 Palm
    Men's Portion 5 Oz
    Women's Portion 3 Oz

CARBS

Hand Portion 1 Fist
    Men's Portion 1 1/2 Cups
    Women's Portion 1 Cup

VEGGIES

Hand Portion 2 Fists
    Men's Portion 3 Cups
    Women's Portion 2 Cups

FATS

Hand Portion 1 thumb
    Men's portion 2 TBSP
    Women's Portion 1 TBSP

Each of the above are serving sizes. If you don't want to measure, use the hand portion to measure

Depending on what plan you want to go on, you can do an easy, classic, turbo, or Fit Cycle. You can go to his website to figure out which one would fit your needs. Go to this page and scroll to the bottom - http://chrispowell.com/carb-cycling-101/

LOW CARB DAYS MEALS

Meal 2 through Meal 5: 1 Protein Portion plus 1 Fat Portion Plus 1 Vegetable portion at each meal

HIGH CARB DAYS MEALS

Meal 1 through Meal 5: 1 protein portion plus 1 carb portion plus 1 vegetable portion

REWARD DAYS

It is recommended that you do not go over 1,000 calories more than you eat on the other days. But, you are free to have what you want.

THE CONCEPT

The concept really makes sense to me. I was on low carb once before. I remember that every once in a while, I would have a high carb day if I quit losing. Also, to keep cravings down, I had a cheat day and it did not cause me to gain weight. So, that is why I chose this plan.

HOW MANY CARBS

As long as you are following the 1 carb portion at breakfast on low carb days and the 1 carb portion at each of your meals on the high carb days you are fine. The carbs are going to vary depending on what you. For example. A man can have 1 1/2 cups of a carb. On the recommended food choice list that was mentioned earlier in this thread, I chose skim milk, apples, and air popped popcorn

So, the carbs are going to vary. It is not the total carbs. It is the quality of the carbs you choose. I hope this helps :)
  • thefishers4
    thefishers4 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Just got done reading his first book. Going to start the 7-Day Carb Cycle Solution pretty soon. Will probably get his new book soon to as I see it has recipes in it. I am hoping to get recipes figured out on my own too. Here is to a new lifestyle.
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options

PROTEIN

Hand Portion 1 Palm
    Men's Portion 5 Oz
    Women's Portion 3 Oz

CARBS

Hand Portion 1 Fist
    Men's Portion 1 1/2 Cups
    Women's Portion 1 Cup

VEGGIES

Hand Portion 2 Fists
    Men's Portion 3 Cups
    Women's Portion 2 Cups

FATS

Hand Portion 1 thumb
    Men's portion 2 TBSP
    Women's Portion 1 TBSP

LOW CARB DAYS MEALS

HIGH CARB DAYS MEALS

REWARD DAYS

THE CONCEPT

HOW MANY CARBS

This is so helpful. Thanks! :)
  • ktully93
    ktully93 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Bump to follow.
  • lbrown
    lbrown Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Bump to follow
  • Carollee57
    Carollee57 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi All I am trying this with a support group that meets once a week for 12 weeks, other than being confused between the low carb and high carb deficient it sounds good. It's just that the supplements cost between 110.00 and 150.00 a month, pretty steep for me.
  • shelexis
    Options
    I am thinking about ordering this book and giving it a shot. Nothing else seems to be working currently.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jyoyo78
    jyoyo78 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    following
  • danyellpilling
    danyellpilling Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Do you have to pay for the apps?