What is the longest that you have driven

Options

Replies

• HWeatherholt
    HWeatherholt Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I drove from Newport News, VA to St. Louis, MO by myself in 1 day.

I left my gf's house around 9 a.m.. Got on the interstate by 9:30 (after getting gas, stopping at McD's, and Walgreens for breakfast and junk food) and I pulled into my driveway at 9:30 p.m. Which depending on how you count is either 12 or 13 hours (crossed a time zone)

Whenever the car's computer said I had about 100 miles left in my tank I would start looking for a place to stop. I would fill up, walk around the car, go to the bathroom, get more junk food or lunch if I wanted/needed it, and then get back on the road.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Drove from California to Missouri. Took longer than a day though and had to stop on side of road and sleep (and for gas and such obviously).
  • gastankerdriver
    Options
    Don't forget to wear Depends, so you won't have to pull over to use the bathroom.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Tucson, AZ to Elk, WA (north of Spokane) in 23 hours.
  • lour441
    lour441 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    great music will push it! haha

I drove from Atlanta, GA to North Jersey straight. About 14 hours -- not too shabby.
    About 850 miles

Might be driving from NJ to colorado soon - should be fun

I do Atlanta to North Jersey at least once a year. 14 hours is about right. Atlanta to Chicago every couple years. That is about 12-13 hours.

ugh NJ to Colorado is going to be long!
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Firefighter_Jay Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Ontario to Missouri without stopping for more than a few mins to eat or get gas. Awesome drive. The destination put me a course that changed my life.
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Florida to Alaska in 5 days but we only drove about ten hours a day on most days, I did drive non stop from Florida to Maine once. I was very exhausted.
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I drove from Chicago, Illinois to Camp Pendleton, California in 1973. Only stopping for gas. Approximately 2,000 miles. On a motorcycle. Right after I made bail.

This is awesome.. I made that drive but to 29palms only stopping for gas...minus the trip to jail.

hahahhahha niiiiiiice!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    new jersey to daytona beach, FL
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I did just under 1000 in a day. Took me 17 hours over a lot of mountain and desert terrain, but it wasn't awful.
  • SugarPlumm19
    Options
    From Bountiful Utah to Dallas Texas. Started drivin at 4 pm, drove all night and got there the next day at 12 pm. Took me about 23 hours counting all the fuel up stops an stuff..
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    My ex and I drove straight through from Flagstaff ,AZ to Baltimore, MD. Took more than one day, but we only stopped for gas. We would rotate drivers when we stopped. We also drove from Northern VT to Deland, FL non-stop, and I drove 20 of the 24 hours.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I have driven across country three times. Twice I was alone in my car, but I was caravaning with someone else. 900 miles with few stops is more than doable. Just make sure you car is ready and in good shape.
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Before I moved, I would drive from Los Angeles, CA to Portland, OR about 3 times a year in one trip. It's about 1,000 miles, or 18 hours.
  • Flippiefloppies
    Options
    I drove my friend to colorado. Its a 12 hour drive. Booo ick. It wasn't so bad tho. Driving to North Carolina in two months. Thats a 21 hr drive.. wooot!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    935 miles. Although it wasn't technically in one day, but within 24 hours. We left in the evening and got there the next afternoon. It was supposed to be a 16 hour drive but we had to stop a lot for my son. And my boyfriend decided he'd rather use his stupid GPS that go the way that google maps told us to go... and it ended up taking us through all these side roads and stuff. Ugh.
  • Lissakaye81
    Lissakaye81 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Me and my fiance have done CA to NY in 3 days. I drove from Salt Lake City UT to Redding CA in one sitting on that trip. 11 hrs 720 mi. Another time we drove from Redding Ca, to Santa Cruz CA, to Eugene OR, to Seattle Wa, back to Eugene OR, to Bend OR, then back to Redding Ca. That was a few years ago during a christmas whiteout, so we had chains and had to drive 35mph from Albany OR to Seatlle Wa and back.......not fun lol, verry bumpy ride
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Drove from Michigan to Big Bend National Park in Texas with one other person. It was about 1700 miles and 29 hours. Drove the whole way through, there and back.
  • callikia
    callikia Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hubs once argued that I could not do the 15 hour drive to Florida (from WV, close to the Ohio border) by myself. He was wrong...yet again.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I drove 2009 miles in just under 4 days...