any appetite supressants that really work?

Options
can anyone recommend a appetite suppressant that works? especially at night when i become a bottomless pit

Replies

• damuchi429
    damuchi429 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have tried them all and nothing works for me but good luck to you.
  • leahnoelle31
    leahnoelle31 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    1) water
    2) increase calories so you aren't starving by 8pm
  • rdewitt1
    rdewitt1 Posts: 5
    Options
    Bee pollen works really well as an appetite suppressant. Just do some research on it and make sure it is good for you. Be ready to drink tons of water with it, though.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    My favorite is chewing gum. Cinnamon works particularly well for me. I also drink lots of water at the same time to fill the belly.

The BEST appetite "suppressant" I've found, though, is to eat more often and less at a time. Save some calories for the evening, and eat a high-protein satisfying snack. If I eat 2-3 meals a day, I find myself hungry between meals. If I take the same amount (or even less!) food and "graze" all day (eat 100 calories here, 50 there, 200 here, etc) so I'm eating something about every hour or two, I'm not nearly as hungry and I can pretty easily stay in my calorie allotment.
  • chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Caffeine does work as an appetite suppresent, as does cinnamon.

Also self control.
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I have taken the most popular one prescribed by weight loss DR.s (cant remember the name unless I see it, cousing to Phen Phen). This worked, I didnt even want to eat or feel hungary BUT... I lost weight fast and gained it back just as fast when I stopped taking them. One, the body gets use to the drug and only recommended by the DR to take no more than 3 months at a time. Second, once I stopped taking it, I was all of a sudden hungery again and had no control of my eating. I have learned to find a way to obtain self control on my own with suggestions others have listed. There are times it is hard, but I tell myself if I want to reach my goal... Good luck to ya. :happy:
  • hazelsmrf
    hazelsmrf Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    1) Ketosis - low carb diets kill my appetite.
    2) Caffeine
    3) Intermittent fasting, controlling ghrelin - if you're used to always eating at a certain hour, you will probably always feel hungry at that hour. If you stop eating at that hour you will probably stop feeling hungry at that hour.

I just allow myself a certain amount of snack calories because I know that I do like a snack in the evenings, and I let it go. But if I had to, and I was uncontrollable with the snacking, I'd switch my snacks to protein. Much easier to binge on chips than it is to binge on chicken breast. If I'm really hungry, chicken breast sounds good. If I'm not, then meh... I don't want it.
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Eat more protein. And fiber from vegetables.
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    The smell of something rancid will usually do the trick for me. Chewing on gum will usually work for a little while too.
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Yes... higher protein content in your meals and eating more frequently - it is a natural way to suppress hunger :)
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    The guy is looking for appetite suppressants, not a lecture on diet.

I'm currently taking "Animal Cuts," not because I swear by it, but just because I like testing things out on myself. I have noticed that it does suppress my appetite. However, it does have many other weight loss ingredients that go beyond appetite suppression, and each serving is 9 pills.

Reading the back of my container I see that the main ingredients of the appetite suppressants are:

Cha-De-Bugre*,
    Hoodia Gordonii*,
    Jojoba Seed Extract (Simmondsin)*
  • momof2winsplus
    momof2winsplus Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Water!

Brush your teeth after every meal (mint makes you less likely to eat)

If you know you will be hungry in the evening, why not just save some calories for late night?
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Only ever had prescription ones work for me.
  • Vi0l33t
    Vi0l33t Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    here's an appetite suppressant: Food and Water.
  • beckers80
    beckers80 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    A.C.E Saba seems to work
  • Vi0l33t
    Vi0l33t Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Caffeine does work as an appetite suppresent, as does cinnamon.

Also self control.

Cinnamon is an appetite STIMULANT
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    the best appetite supressant is...eating! your body is telling you that you are hungry...so feed it GOOD food and you'l be in good shape. If you feed yourself crap then you will gain weight!

Good= natural meats, veggies, fruits, nuts...(i.e. stuff NOT in a box)
    Bad= processed foods, sugar, ingredients you arent sure what they are, boxed stuff, fast food
  • Lissakaye81
    Lissakaye81 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Adicor by Kat-A-Lyst. They also make Glutacor, and a great hair/skin/nails supplement. I have been taking all 3. Adicor I only take 1-2 a day and have gotten to where I dont really need them any more. Only start with 1, they are potent. Enough caffeine to kill a pony haha. I love em, lots of good stuff. The skin vitamins made a huge difference in a week.
    http://www.katalystnutraceuticals.com/katalyst/products/weightloss/adicor
  • petreebird
    petreebird Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    can anyone recommend a appetite suppressant that works? especially at night when i become a bottomless pit

Phen phen worked great for me way back when, I actually forgot to eat...of course, the nurse at the clinic prescribing it to me compared it to "legal crack" and it's illegal now cause it has a tendancy to kill ya....but anywhoo....

Now, I usually start my eating day around 4 or 5 and eat until 10 or 11, I sort of do IF, and don't really have a problem with eating the house anymore except for TOM, then, anything is fair game :blushing: