any appetite supressants that really work?

Options

Replies

• missgigi007
    Options
    I've heard sensa was supposed to be good but I dont know for sure
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    exercise and water. sounds mean, but exercise helps me lots
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    There are lots that will work.. but the side effects are not worth it.
    You should just drink more water.
  • chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Caffeine does work as an appetite suppresent, as does cinnamon.

Also self control.

Cinnamon is an appetite STIMULANT

No.

Blood Sugar Control

Seasoning a high carb food with cinnamon can help lessen its impact on your blood sugar levels. Cinnamon slows the rate at which the stomach empties after meals, reducing the rise in blood sugar after eating. Researchers measured how quickly the stomach emptied after 14 healthy subjects ate 300 grams (1.2 cups) of rice pudding alone or seasoned with 6 grams (1.2 teaspoons) of cinnamon. Adding cinnamon to the rice pudding lowered the gastric emptying rate from 37% to 34.5% and significantly lessened the rise in blood sugar levels after eating. Am J Clin Nutr. 2 007 Jun;85(6):1552-6.

http://www.ajcn.org/content/85/6/1552.abstract
  • rhonnie66
    rhonnie66 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Phetermine, by script only though! Works like a charm!
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    honestly? caffeine.
  • purplelilac123
    purplelilac123 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have been snacking a lot on fruits and veggies throughout the day. It sounds pretty basic but even when I feel like I am constantly eating the calories goes up so slowly. I try to keep other meals and snacks low calorie too. The scale seems to be moving in the right direction by doing this. :)
  • HollywoodDJ
    HollywoodDJ Posts: 296
    Options
    Caffeine does work as an appetite suppresent, as does cinnamon.

Also self control.

I thought a 1/4 tsp of cinnamon normalized your blood sugar so wouldn't it be a suppressant ??? I'm just asking bcuz trying not to snack after 8 has been hard for me too...especially the first two weeks I started on MFP. It's A LOT better for me now and I think it's because I am making sure I eat foods I know will fill me....no sugar or caffeine after 5 pm and water....If I have a bad night where I am climbing the walls for a snack I try to check my stats and see where my body is lacking...i.e. if my calcium is low I have some milk...or if my Vitamins are low I try to have a fruit of veggie that is higher in that vitamin to bring my numbers up. I am trying to balance my diet as best I can.

Good luck, great question!
  • JenaePavlak
    JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I eat when I'm hungry,. but fill it with good foods like chicken and veggies.. which I have all pre-made at the beginning of the week... I have my meals planned for certain times of the day so I never actually get hungry. On the rare occasion i feel hungry before bed and do not have the spare calories to eat, i just cook up some frozen veggies, throw on some season salt and garlic pepper.. and viola! Food that I can stuff myself with, feel satisfied, and not feel guilty!!

On another note, you may be lacking a vitamin or mineral which may make you feel cravings....
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options

Maybe for you, but I find that cinnamon gum is an excellent appetite suppressant with no medical side effects. Adding a little cinnamon to my food makes me feel fuller, fill up faster, and feel full longer. (say THAT three times fast, I dare ya!)
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    A hard boiled egg, glass of water and an apple. That's my go to before I go out to a restraunt, or if brushing my teeth or chewing gum isn't cutting it when it's later in the evening. Sure its a few calories, but better then chowin down on fatty high calorie snacks right?!
  • chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options

Maybe for you, but I find that cinnamon gum is an excellent appetite suppressant with no medical side effects. Adding a little cinnamon to my food makes me feel fuller, fill up faster, and feel full longer. (say THAT three times fast, I dare ya!)

Maybe for nothing.

Science, etc.
  • joydivision92
    joydivision92 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    fill a water bottle and just drink it down, make your stomach feel full, repeat untill you cant even look at the water bottle (usually takes me 1.5) dont over do it, but just get that full feeling,
  • JonesJennings
    JonesJennings Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Try Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 on Playstation 3. I once sat down of an evening for a quick 5 minute battle, before I knew what was what, I had played all the way through dinner time until the middle of the night, by which time I was too tired to cook.
  • JonesJennings
    JonesJennings Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    honestly? caffeine.

Although caffeine is medically an appetite suppresant, it might have other effects when taken in the evening. Particularly if it causes someone to stay up longer into the night, exposing themself to the temptation of boredom-eating. Might be worth keeping this in mind.
  • mccmelissa
    Options
    oxyelitePro suppresses appetite and lets you work twice as hard at the gym
  • MirelaH
    MirelaH Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Intensify Xtreme
  • jarirhea
    jarirhea Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Phentermine! It honestly makes you not even think aboutfood... Which leads to much better food choices. Many people are against the pills, but you asked and it works wonders! I get it from a dr. Was smaller after I had two babies then I was in high school.
  • jiigglybutt
    jiigglybutt Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    food
  • bmblair041
    bmblair041 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I don't recommend this at all, but when I took ADD meds like ridilin/focalin, i had no appetite and I'd eat about 1 meal a day.