Kashi cereal....beware.

Options
keri3
keri3 Posts: 60 Member
I just saw a post on Facebook about a store that pulled kashi products after learning that 100 percent of the soy used in kashi products are genetically modified and the USDA tested the grains and found pesticides that are known carcinogens and hormone disruptors.... Crazy ...tried to copy paste the link but having a issue but I'm sure you can google search it. just a FYI for everyone

Replies

• michelehedges
    michelehedges Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Good to know - thanks!
  • InkedBeauty89
    InkedBeauty89 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hmm ill keep that in mind. Haven't tried their cereal but i have some of their waffles....
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    It is the Kashi cereals the ones that have GMO ingredients.

I haven't found anything about their bars yet. I am pretty careful when reading labels and look for those that might have GMO ingredients. If it doens't say non - gmo, i stay away from it. Now I am going to research the granola bars.
  • dixie3379
    dixie3379 Posts: 11
    Options
    Great.........I eat the Go-Lean Crunch just about everyday as a snack.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    haha I thought you were going to be warning about the cereal's flatulent effects. That's the real danger!!
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Great.........I eat the Go-Lean Crunch just about everyday as a snack.

So do I!
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    That stuff tastes horrible! I dont know how anyone eats it! Guess my gag reflex saved me here cus I literally cant stand that stuff!
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I just started eating the Go-Lean oatmeal. >.<
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    oh well it was on Facebook-so it must be true!
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Oh no!
    I'm going to die.
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    haha I thought you were going to be warning about the cereal's flatulent effects. That's the real danger!!

Lmao...I was expecting the same :P That's why I quit eating it ;)
  • ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Mildly off topic but I generally avoid anything with high fructose corn syrup in it. So when I first found Kashi I was like "Yay!!". Then realized that brown rice syrup is probably pretty similar. Was really disappointed. So now you have my random reminiscence for the day.
  • ren_ascent
    Options
    More on topic I'll give the article a look, but it seems like everything is out to kill you one way or another.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Great, I just read the ingredients in my granola bar and it lists soy isolate. Going back to Costco. I'm not sure how I missed that soy isolate in the ingredient list. As a rule I don't buy anything soy or corn that doesn't state that is Non GMO.
  • VeganJP
    VeganJP Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you for passing this along! :flowerforyou: So sad we have to "police" companies in order to keep them from putting harmful crap in our food. :explode:
  • ren_ascent
    Options

Save yourself the trouble of avoiding high fiber foods and buy a dog if you don't have one. They take the blame and love you anyway.
  • emilynicole02
    emilynicole02 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    oh well it was on Facebook-so it must be true!

nothings true tell you read it on fb!

tad off topic....one of my good guy friends is seeing a girl and someone called her his gf and he goes... umm my fb relationship status does still say single you know!

lol!
  • Kayley
    Kayley Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hope this isn't true for the bars! :frown:
  • Wreak_Havoc
    Wreak_Havoc Posts: 597
    Options

Save yourself the trouble of avoiding high fiber foods and buy a dog if you don't have one. They take the blame and love you anyway.

OMG! I just spit coffee all over my keyboard!!! ROFL