if you are say, a boy under the age of 30 ...

Options

Replies

• rovernio
    rovernio Posts: 157
    Options
    im a man under the age of 30 :P
  • jaskelley
    jaskelley Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You have some issues you need to work out.
    If women are hitting on you more than men, what does that tell you?

Is it supposed to tell him... he's not gay? I don't get it.
  • JonathonMars
    JonathonMars Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I guess it's supposed to tell me I'm not gay. Or I'm...I don't know...flirting with women all the time subconsciously.
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    (and dont get all riled up with the term "boy" - that simply means a cute male to me)

anywho ...

so you are a boy under the age of 30 and a girl, say, oh, 39~ish (hint, hint - someone like me) walks up to you and asks you the question:
    "have you seen the movie the graduate?"

Would you infer anything from that?

I'm 39... and I have not seen the movie...
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of cougars... I think it's gross... just my opinion, though.
  • chnkytim42
    chnkytim42 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    i have bien hit on by gay men, one guy has done it a few times. lol it kinda flattered me. just sayin. and i was nice and turned them down. one went as far as to ask me why i am straight, and i rebudled with why are you gay, i love women like you love men. point nd case. rofl. you just want to stir sh1t, if you didnt you wouldnt have answered. my point of view
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I guess it's supposed to tell me I'm not gay. Or I'm...I don't know...flirting with women all the time subconsciously.

I kind of feel like you got jumped on unfairly so Im going to somewhat step up on your behalf. I think youre right.... if you were straight people wouldnt be all fluffed up about you being upset about getting hit on by guys. I dont see what the big deal is either way.... its meant to be a compliment. But then you said overtly sexual and graphic and THAT I can get. When anyone does that to me without any provocation - I get riled up too. So, got it.
    you are a handsome dude - sorry but tis true - and alot of women will overlook signs of you being gay to try and land the hot guy. A lot of women will over look signs that a guy is a douche or any other things if she thinks she can land the hot guy.
    Im not sure if that was beneficial at all but i felt like you were taking a beating you didnt need to take.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    (and dont get all riled up with the term "boy" - that simply means a cute male to me)

anywho ...

so you are a boy under the age of 30 and a girl, say, oh, 39~ish (hint, hint - someone like me) walks up to you and asks you the question:
    "have you seen the movie the graduate?"

Would you infer anything from that?

Depends on your body language and tone of the question.

Coo coo ca-choo!

I'm surprised by the amount of people that have never heard of the movie. I'm in the same wheelhouse as most who have said they never seen it, but this movie has been in pop culture refernces for a long time.
  • k1ngfl1pper
    k1ngfl1pper Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    At <30 I'd still have been married. I've seen The Graduate.... I'd have been flattered... but would have had to decline.... :blushing:
  • chnkytim42
    chnkytim42 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    no offense, but cougars to you are in there 60's now, so you dont count rofl :laugh: :smokin: and not milfs, they are gilfs. just sayin to put it out there. lol 40 is a sexy milf age, and i have found a few well worth the stiflers mom expression.
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Mrs. Robinson, you're trying to seduce me.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

I'm not trying to say that you are... but this could be a possibility. A lot of people have the natural tendency to flirt... even with people they aren't attracted to. IDK but I don't think you should be offended if it is someone who doesn't know you well. Someone who knows that you are gay and still hits on you, yeah, she is being kind of rude.
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I'd be completely clueless unless you imposed a lot of intonation into it I might be able to guess but otherwise no.
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Go with the American pie reference, I've never seen the Graduate.
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Looks to me like A LOT of boys should be getting onto their Netflix accounts and getting The Graduate loaded up into their que! Cuz I'm sorry Stiffler's mom may have coined milf, but The Graduate is what brought it to light but in a classier way.

Oh and yes, I am a few years older than the OP, so I get both, and have seen both. The Graduate sets the bar. Anything else is second best.

Plastic's m'boy, plastics are the future.
    ^^This
  • sportsforfun
    Options
    Dang cougars, always on the prowl. They always pounce before I even know what is going on.
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I'm not an under 30 boy, but I am willing to play one on the internet. :wink:

he he he - GOOD CALL!!! :blushing: One can be ANYthing they like on the internet = joy of the internet :drinker:
  • SLippi
    SLippi Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Since I can only reply to under 30 posts for a few more weeks I'll reply while I still can.

I'd infer someone was asking if I had seen a movie named "The Graduate" which I have not and may spark a conversation about it. But even the American Pie/Stifflers mom thing wouldn't get the desired result unless it was very direct but I'm pretty clueless so...
  • FoodieGal09
    FoodieGal09 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    JonathonMars, I do kind of get where you're coming from.
    I'm an obviously straight woman and if I had a lesbian friend/acquaintance who knew I wasn't gay- I would probably be uncomfortable too. Especially if the same person approached me a multitude of times.
    I doubt I'd be disgusted but after the first time, I definitely would not be flattered.
    So I get what you mean!

As for the graduate, I'm 21 and I got that reference. But I am a girl, that's probably the difference.
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I don't get it...