So what do you fine people do for a living?

Options

Replies

• nicollesnewbody
    nicollesnewbody Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    IM A APPOINTMENT COORDINATOR FOR A CAR DEALERSHIP, SITTING ON MY BUTT MOST OF THE TIME ,LOL
    I ALSO HAVE A HARD TIME COMMING UP WITH LUNCHES , :smile:
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    Structural steel / rebar estimator and project manager for a family owned steel business.
    Also, part time hunter, fisher, nature lover, and firearm enthusiast.
  • LReneeWalker
    LReneeWalker Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I am a 911 operator and dispatcher. I'm also the in house training coordinator and instructor. Long, long days (and nights) of sitting in front of multiple computer screens! Luckily, we do have a kitchen, so I can prepare healthy meals. We even have some workout equipment for down time. I love my job!

I am pretty sure we have the best job! We also have a full kitchen and work out equipment. I cant use the equipment but on the slight chance we have down time I walk laps around the office.
  • VenomousDuck
    Options
    I am a chef. It is brutal to work around food all day...
  • Spence_
    Spence_ Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Marketing copywriter (no, nothing to do with copyrights)...
  • btanton27
    btanton27 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    im an office manager of a grocery store, which means im sitting behind a desk for 90% of the day. i usually bring a lunch with me but on the occasions i dont i can buy something healthy at the store. its nice to have the promotion but sucks at the same time because before i was working in the deli and running around the store all day long. now i just sit. and sit. and sit....
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I am an ICU Nurse, working 12.5 hour night shifts. Edited to add I pack my lunches!
  • sweetness48
    Options
    I'm a dental hygienist. I tell people to brush and floss or their teeth will rot and fall out of their head. Maybe in a more refined manner, but they get the point ;)
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I'm an academic psychologist. I run several programmes, I write, I teach, and I edit a couple of journals. It's a busy life, and I work long hours. I find if I exercise and eat well, I work better.
  • herownkindofwonderfull
    Options
    Juvenile Corrections Officer / Counselor for at-risk youth...
  • marcoscu
    marcoscu Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am, or was to be more accurate, a newspaper photographer and picture editor. After working on various UK local and national newspapers for most of the 1990's I lived and worked in Havana, Cuba, where I ran my own news agency. Sold up and returned home to care for my elderly and infirm father.
  • Doesntplaynice82
    Doesntplaynice82 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am a 911 operator and dispatcher. I'm also the in house training coordinator and instructor. Long, long days (and nights) of sitting in front of multiple computer screens! Luckily, we do have a kitchen, so I can prepare healthy meals. We even have some workout equipment for down time. I love my job!

Very hard job you have!! I'm a cop so I'm on the other end of the radio :) You gals do a GREAT job, I couldn't do it!!!

A little saying I heard the other day:
    God may know where you are, you may know where you are, but if the dispatcher doesn't know where you are, you better be good with God!!!
  • mjvasko
    mjvasko Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm an assistant controller and sales administrator (though I wear more hats than those) for a company that manufactures and installs golf simulators. I didn't know a thing about golf when I started, but now I'm not as terrible as I used to be, plus, I don't even have to leave to go exercise ;)
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    full time mum to 4 kids one of which has mental health issues and behavioral problems meaning i am on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week
  • blankcanvas
    blankcanvas Posts: 177
    Options
    Freelance illustrator and jewelry designer.
    ( www.annscurmann.webs.com or www.etsy.com/tango8590 )
    So I'm at home, making my own meals at my leisure and doing some form of exercise each day and still having a hard time with the weight thanks to menopause... Agggh!!
  • isweatglitter
    Options
    Professional Eater.
  • kate_sunflower
    kate_sunflower Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Professional Eater.

Haha that's my night job.

For my day job I'm an accountant at Ernst&Young. Yeah it's as awesome as it sounds :grumble:
  • teelynn35
    teelynn35 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I deliver Mail, at least until the higher ups finish running us into the ground, then I'll be un-employed:) I hate cooking, but am always game to try recipes from www.emilybites.com or www.skinnytaste.com
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I own two businesses, a pet grooming salon and a cake shop.
    I don't do too much actual work at the salon anymore, but it still eats up a ton of book keeping time. Just opened a new cake shop and that has me running off my feet.
    Trying to watch what I eat and being surrounded by sweets isn't fun! Hoping I can start handing off more of the baking jobs and just doing the decorating. Fondant is too gross to make me want to nibble on it :)

My meal planning is kind of crazy. Monday - Thursday it is pretty easy to plan out and cook each meal, but Friday- Sunday are my insane days. The last few Friday and Saturday nights I have been working 18-20 hour days, those days I eat whatever the girls Z work with want to order in.

I have never in my life had a 9-5 type of job that I could leave at work, I want one! haha
  • monkeyriley
    monkeyriley Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am an IT Monkey for a small telephone company (more ISP than phone).

I work 3 minutes from my home. I go home everyday and enjoy lunch, which is really nice.