would you tattoo....?

Options
So i was wondering if you have a tattoo of the name of your spouse or what are yall thoughts about it? If not name, maybe a picture or something that symbolizes them. For example my spouse loves jordans and i was thinking of getting the jump man insted of his name.

Replies

• iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I have a tattoo of my wife's name and my daughter's name. My thoughts are, I wouldnt change a thing.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Do not do a signifcant other's name. Bad idea in my opinion. Only names I will put on my body are those of my children.
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Never tattoo a lovers name...

Children..ok..

but never a partner..
  • Kevalyn34
    Kevalyn34 Posts: 40
    Options
    I've always vowed I would not tattoo any names, not even my own. I am thinking about the roman numeral 8 (VIII) to symbolize August, our anniversary month & daughter's birth month
  • ClarkMer
    ClarkMer Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Personally, I wouldn't do the name. The symbol, maybe. Just my opinion though, if you feel strongly enough that you want to do it, go for it.
  • iam_thatdude
    Options
    Never tattoo a lovers name...

Children..ok..

but never a partner..

I very much disagree. Even if it were to go bad, its still a great story and can always be modified. FOr me I dont have to worry abotu that
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I would never get a spouses/Significant other name or picture tattooed on me but if I had kids I could get their names tattooed. Your children will always be your children. You don't know what will happen down the road where you might not want a name/picture of a girl/guy on your body. Maybe something that reminded you of them or get matching tattoos as long as it is something you both are happy with.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    No on the spouse. I know a couple of artists who won't do names if they know it's a SO. They're superstitious and think it'll doom the relationship.

I do have my kid's initials on my back.
  • vahlkyree
    vahlkyree Posts: 10
    Options
    Do not do a signifcant other's name. Bad idea in my opinion. Only names I will put on my body are those of my children.

I agree with this - except I have a slightly longer list of acceptable names. Children (of course), parents or siblings. And pets (since that's the only "child" I have...).

I steer away from SO names, 'cause (sad but true) you never know what's going to happen there.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Nope, I would never get someone Else's name on me......tats are permanent, people, sadly....are not.....
  • ashmarie484
    ashmarie484 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I have to agree. I would never get a tattoo of a SO name & I have 9 tattoos. Childrens names are fine & I actually think the little jump man is a cute idea.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    So i was wondering if you have a tattoo of the name of your spouse or what are yall thoughts about it? If not name, maybe a picture or something that symbolizes them. For example my spouse loves jordans and i was thinking of getting the jump man insted of his name.

wow, seriously?

You would put MICHAEL JORDAN'S logo on your body? for someone else?

The only person I'd ever tattoo anything for is my Mom. And even then, it's a debate.
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Names are such a boring idea anyway! Get creative, people!
  • iam_thatdude
    Options
    to those afraid of getting a lover's name tattooed on u...i would say you're afraid of committment
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I have vines and flowers of all our birthstones on my back (I have 6 kids, so lots of flowers). DH was going to get my name tattoo on him along with kids' names...but that would be a huge laundry list, so he did a cross with Psalms 127:5 to represent all of the kids. When he wanted to put my name I was like NOOOOO!!! haha! He says he still wants my name on him...so I will let him! ;)
  • ladyjade68
    Options
    Had one of my ex-boyfriend, and recently got it covered up with an elephant! My opinion is don't tattoo anyone's name on our body unless they gave birth to you, or you gave birth to them!
  • rhonnie66
    rhonnie66 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Yup, I'm guilty!! Been married to the love of my life for 18years, have his name across my heart! plus 3 other tats, all crabs!!
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely do a symbol but not their name.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I know a guy who gets all his girlfriends names tattooed on him and has about 7 of them, the new girls name is there but all the others have a cross out line through them lol
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    my cousin tattooed his wife's name across his right cheek ...