would you tattoo....?

Options

Replies

• SCVSarah
    SCVSarah Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I used to work at a tattoo shop and any time someone came in to get a significant others' name, the tattoo artists would make bets on how long the relationship would last. They made a lot of money off all those cover-ups.
  • SweetNaughtyLips
    SweetNaughtyLips Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I personally would not tattoo another man’s name on my body, not even my husband. I did however, get the letter J tattooed, which is the first letter of my husband’s name, but there is also a story behind it as well. It was written in cursive, so if I ever want to change it, I could make it into a butterfly! Good Luck with whatever you decide; ultimately...it's your body!

9821387.png
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Me and my wife just got matching Tattoos, that have a lot of meaning for us but I don't think I'll ever get a name. maybe kids names.... but never a spouses because of how temporary marriage can be, and it's sad.

11320968_17.jpg
  • Abrowe313
    Abrowe313 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    dont get the jumpman logo, as far as a name or portrait that depends on how solid you think your marriage is, most consider it bad luck. but if you have a good relationship with no issues than why not, if you decide on a portrait please do research of artists in your area and pay for good work, there is nothing worse than bad portrait and nothing can be done to fix it. you will have a great tattoo far longer than the artist has the money
  • kb_CG_wife
    kb_CG_wife Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I personally would not get a name tattoo. I did, however, get two swallows around my ankle before hubby and I got married to signify being "homeward bound." It means something to us and it signifies our Coast Guard life together.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I would tattoo the name of my husband before that of my child. Why would my children want their name on my body?
  • CatherineElizabeth13
    CatherineElizabeth13 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My ex and I got,tattoos for our 5 year anniversary.
    We both like Xbox so we opted for player 1 and player 2 rather than names.
    Lame.. I know.
    I'm so thankful I didn't get his name, as he then cheated with 3 15 year old children..
    Even though it's not his name, I hate the tattoo and keep it covered with bracelets.

Moral here.. DON'T DO IT. Ever..
  • moskinnny
    moskinnny Posts: 118
    Options
    Do not do a signifcant other's name. Bad idea in my opinion. Only names I will put on my body are those of my children.

Ditto
  • 14bound
    14bound Posts: 25
    Options
    Yes, I would.
  • ivansmomma
    ivansmomma Posts: 500
    Options
    I have a tattoo of the sign language "I love you" with my husband's name on the top and our daughter's name on the bottom. This is the first sign our daughter learned (she was brain injured at birth and uses both verbal and sign). I think getting a name tattooed depends on the relationship. We just celebrated 32 years of marriage and 34 years of being together. Figured I was pretty safe lol!! Have three more tattoes that also have meaning.
  • ivansmomma
    ivansmomma Posts: 500
    Options
    Guess I just killed another forum. Sorry. :(
  • OMGLeigh
    OMGLeigh Posts: 236
    Options
    You'll know your husband better than we will.
    My man would give me really strange looks if I got a tattoo with his name or image. Like, REALLY strange looks, probably ask me why in the world I'd do such a thing. Maybe worry that I'm going to kill him in his sleep or something.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I wont get my husbands name or anniversary, but i do have a tattoo of the two nick names he calls me on my hip. I am very much in love with him, but both of us agree that getting names of spouse's isn't the best idea. I do plan to get my children's names tattooed on me (or at least their initials), when I have children.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Tribal print tats remind me of wallet chains that you can never ever ever take off...
  • will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Kids yes spouse no!
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    We got eachother's initials a few years back..
  • amylynn96
    amylynn96 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    my son is named after my husband, a jr. so i got their intitals, i prolly wouldnt have done it if it was only my husbands. but i got lucky my tattoo for my 2 favorite boys<3
  • LilCrissieBug
    Options
    My husband and I wanted to get tattoos that would mean something to us both so we got matching turtles with my favorite flower in the middle. We are slow with making decisions and "turtle" into everything so it was perfect for us. Im supersticious about the names too though.
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    did the hubby's name in 1995 we separated in 1997 got it covered up in 1999 and we are still together but i believe in the superstitions. The only names i have are my children's i would get something to symbolize before i would ever get a name though like my son has a turtle with his initials and birthday worked into it and my daughter has a fairy on a flower with her initials worked into it. But to each his own.
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't get the name but a symbol yes

my plan is once i lose 100 pounds i am getting an alligator on my leg
    1. when i met my husband his name was "gatordude"
    2. he is really into Florida gators ( i have 2 dogs Florida & Gator
    3. gators are really awesome
    4. alligators also represents where i have lived most my life ( Louisiana)

then end..lol