whats your opinion on muscle heads

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    At one time I longed to be a very competitive bodybuilder. I was even willing to "enhance", but never had the money to do it. Now I just enjoy watching shows and seeing the physiques. The majority that I've met and know are really cool. But like any other "sport", you will have people that act like *kitten*. If I see a musclehead in my gym act like an *kitten* (not rack his weights, screaming like a banshee, or not cleaning up his sweat after using a piece of equipment), he gets confronted like I would anyone else who didn't follow the rules.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    overcompensation for lacking in another area :blushing:

but seriously, I think most of them are severely self-conscious and insecure. don't jump down my throat for that, it is just what I have seen from personal experience
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    if you have too much muscle that you have to walk differently you are missing the point of natural bodybuilding.. aesthetics is the goal and abnormally large arms, lats, chest to back ratio looks ridiculous
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options

but seriously, I think most of them are severely self-conscious and insecure. don't jump down my throat for that, it is just what I have seen from personal experience

thats a lovely stereotype, any others you care to share?
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options

thats a lovely stereotype, any others you care to share?

like I said, don't jump down my throat. the only extremely muscled men that I have met in my life were not nice people.

not saying they all are, just the ones I have encountered.
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    People should pick a goal and look however they want. The responses you get here will be varied as usual. The only time I get bothered by "muscle heads" is when guys who aren't even all the big develope the terrible condition known as ILS (Invisible Lat syndrome). You all know it's hilarious to see some average looking dude walking around like his muscles are so huge he can't put his arms down.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I wonder what they will look like in 20 years. hahaha

but seriously, i have a newfound respect for them. Im trying to get bigger and it is freakin hard work. for them to put in that kind of work consistently for years-- i respect that a lot.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    As long as they don't have every vein in their bodies popping out everywhere, I like the muscles.
  • Testosterone
    Testosterone Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    There can never be too much muscle. But if they walk weird that's a deal breaker!
    just have to have good posture.
  • 2April
    2April Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I prefer normal sized (strong/muscular) guys who move more fluidly and don't carry too much bulk.
  • martin_chicago
    martin_chicago Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    thanks
    and i think its weird
    lol i am also trying to get build up but i know a couple dudes that are huge and they walk like they carrying the weights lol

I think your muscles look great now. Wth is up with the way they walk its unattractive & just eww.
  • martin_chicago
    martin_chicago Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    i am not very muscular compare to some dudes in the gym
    but i am 6feet:)
    I do not like muscular men... I think I've seen about three my entire life that I was attracted to....
    I like abnormally tall men though.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Manu!

manu.jpg
  • Testosterone
    Options
    Manu!

manu.jpg

he probably didnt have to work very hard to get there.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    makes me happy to be lean
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    As long as they don't have every vein in their bodies popping out everywhere, I like the muscles.

I think I am an oddball here

LOVE when I see veins on guys when they are lifting. Veiny forearms while doing deads? :heart: :love:
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options

I think I am an oddball here

LOVE when I see veins on guys when they are lifting. Veiny forearms while doing deads? :heart: :love:

i dig this chick
    :love:
  • LiteBrite007
    LiteBrite007 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm always afraid that they'll flip out and beat the crap outta me.

I know.... I'm weird.
  • Testosterone
    Options
    makes me happy to be lean

as long as you stretch, you dont become musclebound. women who wear high heels have musclebound calves, because they shorten to the point that they lose flexibility. as long as you stretch, it doesnt matter how big you are, you will still be flexible. I can dead lift 500 lbs right now, and standing on a set of stairs, straight legged, bend over and place my palms on the stair below.
  • Myrtlemama4
    Myrtlemama4 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am just going to say I have enjoyed the pics of the men on these posts..wow..amazing muscles and abs going on...I certainly can appreciate your hard work :blushing: