whats your opinion on muscle heads

Options

Replies

• heylatimer
    heylatimer Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Disclaimer: I am not gay...

Short guys should not make up for their shortfall by bulking up to the point where they walk funny. Get lean and ripped. Tall guys. Feel free to go big. It is all about proportion.

My wife and I followed a tall musclehead into the grocery store the other day. I had to point him out because my wife obviously didn't notice him herself < end sarcasm >. The guy had an awesome physique. Muscles are awesome - I wish I had better genetics.
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    overcompensation for lacking in another area :blushing:

but seriously, I think most of them are severely self-conscious and insecure. don't jump down my throat for that, it is just what I have seen from personal experience

thats a lovely stereotype, any others you care to share?

I have to agree with her on this! Plus they tend to spend more time in the gym or oggling in the mirrow than enjoying life!
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    muscles are hot...

but when you can't walk right, you lose your neck, and you can't put your arms down... ewwwww GrOsS
  • supermom2002
    supermom2002 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    As long as they don't have every vein in their bodies popping out everywhere, I like the muscles.

I think I am an oddball here

LOVE when I see veins on guys when they are lifting. Veiny forearms while doing deads? :heart: :love:

Guess I'm an oddball too then. mmmm

But if a guy is too big...like he'd squish me big--no thanks. nice to look at but not very serviceable.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    P Diesel - Dead'ing 500 for reps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2gIRvBZM6I
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    It does make me uncomfortable, but they're not doing it to impress me, so that's cool.

If my son, when he's older, gets into lifting, I'll be making sure he finds advice on how to do it without injuring himself, as I've heard this can be an issues for guys who are just doing it for looks.
  • Testosterone
    Testosterone Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    It does make me uncomfortable, but they're not doing it to impress me, so that's cool.

If my son, when he's older, gets into lifting, I'll be making sure he finds advice on how to do it without injuring himself, as I've heard this can be an issues for guys who are just doing it for looks.

that is not correlated at all.
  • FlyeredUp
    FlyeredUp Posts: 663 Member
    Options

but seriously, I think most of them are severely self-conscious and insecure. don't jump down my throat for that, it is just what I have seen from personal experience
    Being born, raised and still living in the birth place (in the USA) of body building, weight lifting and unfortunatly steriods I have known alot of BBer's over the years and they are no more self-conscious or insecure as a group than any other group of people. I would never want to be that big but I can see how addictive it could be. Also who am I to judge what anothers goals are?
  • tobafa
    tobafa Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    As long as they aren't screaming on every lift and dropping weights after every set.... There's a guy at my gym who's pretty freaking strong and is mild mannered as they come. You know he's there but not because of the need for everyone to notice how much he's lifting but because he's quiet about it. Much respect.
  • dreanance
    dreanance Posts: 246
    Options
    Grunty/smelly/veiny... not so hot. But I def think muscles look good!!!
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    dudes that have way too much muscle and walk weird
    I think, finally a man that understands what happens to my thighs in hot weather!
  • Testosterone
    Options

Being born, raised and still living in the birth place (in the USA) of body building, weight lifting and unfortunatly steriods I have known alot of BBer's over the years and they are no more self-conscious or insecure as a group than any other group of people. I would never want to be that big but I can see how addictive it could be.

steroids were invented in germany.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options

I agree.

How does lifting for looks have to do with injury?
    Fall over from scrawny legs because of lack of squats? Seems to be the only issue I can think of xD
    Or a small girl named sunshine kicks their *kitten* for doing curls/crunches in the squat rack -.-
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    What gets me is when I see guys with huge upper bodies and spindly legs. It's not a good look.
  • Testosterone
    Options

I agree.

Fall over from scrawny legs because of lack of squats? Seems to be the only issue I can think of xD
    Or a small girl named sunshine kicks their *kitten* for doing curls/crunches in the squat rack -.-

i had somebody complain about me occupying the squat rack for about 12 sets last week because he wanted to do curls. i told him to go find some dumb bells and get himself a tissue.
  • dcgonz
    dcgonz Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    What gets me is when I see guys with huge upper bodies and spindly legs. It's not a good look.

I agree!!
  • FlyeredUp
    FlyeredUp Posts: 663 Member
    Options

Being born, raised and still living in the birth place (in the USA) of body building, weight lifting and unfortunatly steriods I have known alot of BBer's over the years and they are no more self-conscious or insecure as a group than any other group of people. I would never want to be that big but I can see how addictive it could be.

steroids were invented in germany.
    Yes they were invented by the Nazi's and stolen by the Soviets, but please note, I said (in the USA) we did not have access to steriods until Dianabol was invented here in York PA. Here is how it took place.
    From the 1940's thru 1980's the best weight lifters and BBer's in the USA and alot of the top NFL. players trained at Bob Hoffmans York Barbell Gym ( I worked there after school as a kid and learned to lift there as well) For decades our lifters tried to mimic and copied everything the Soviets did in regards to training in order to try to bridge the gap between the Soviet and the US. lifting programs. But we never could, Until one night the US. team Physician ( Dr. John Zeigler) and the Soviet Team Physician who had become very good friends over the years were drinking together in a Veinna beer hall during the world championships and the Soviet team Dr. slipped up and told the US. team Dr. that the reason the US. team could never beat the Soviet team was because they were using synthetic steriods that were developed by Nazi's in WW. II. The US. team Dr. upon his arrival back in York started to and ended up developing a little pink pill called "dianabol" and the rest is history.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzznd.png
  • tkcasta
    tkcasta Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    As long as they don't have every vein in their bodies popping out everywhere, I like the muscles.

I think I am an oddball here

LOVE when I see veins on guys when they are lifting. Veiny forearms while doing deads? :heart: :love:
    Agreed, hot.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options

I agree.

i had somebody complain about me occupying the squat rack for about 12 sets last week because he wanted to do curls. i told him to go find some dumb bells and get himself a tissue.

Lol! That is awesome. I usually do glare and not even on purpose since I do squats regularly.

Today I saw a guy in the squat rack, laying on a bench, with his feet up in the air on the squat bar, doing crunches. O.o
  • ronitabur
    ronitabur Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of over-the-top muscles, but my hubby was super-muscly when we met an he won me over with his personality. We're still married after 22 years, in spite of his 6 pack abs turning into a pony keg. :laugh: I say it doesn't matter.

I do like watching the muscle men and women at the gym - I have great respect for their commitment.