Sooo over walmart....

Options
1235»

Replies

• Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Ooh I want to hate on Walmart too..umm I hate buying cheap stuff and getting in and out easy. (love the self serve)
    Oh wait...
    Err, their produce sucks? There.
  • clobercow
    clobercow Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Typical corporate spreadsheet based staffing. They think they can estimate how many customers they will have every hour. I used to do it for other companies. It's not possible. They would rather save money than please customers.
  • tishieb
    tishieb Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Ooooh I wrote a little about Walmart, I will share :)

Conveniently titled " Walmart "

i hate the store.

i hate having to go there.

almost immediately upon leaving that store i vow to NEVER GO BACK THERE.

but somehow,

i f&%king find myself there, again !

kitty litter and cat food is cheap there, so are things like toothpaste and other random crap

you need that is twice as much - elsewhere

there are normal people in walmart, i'm sure of it, i think there is, but i don't see them because

they do not come near me

the strangest people in my town, the loudest, the untidiest, the random staring non moving people blocking lanes

they are always near ME

someone is yelling, farting, picking their nose, always where i need to be ...

walmart visits by me require

1) a list .... in & out is KEY

2) ipod

............... for walmart, ipod is the BEST invention ever. pretty much no one normal will strike up a conversation with me. just jesus pushers and spare change beggars. i just shake my head in a way that suggests ' no time for you ' you're not missing anything by wearing your ipod but it stops the annoyances from invading your trip. oh, when groups of punk kids yell stuff around you, you no longer care. that's a little victory in my books. forgot the ipod today.

this evening at walmart only 2 cashiers were open and the 2 lines were LONG and i started getting hot ( which i hate ) because at that point the agitation starts. i normally wouldn't think twice of abandoning my cart and rushing out the door,huffing, moaning and groaning about how much I HATE THIS STORE and making comments on the subhumans that damn near reside in the place, GO HOME .............. but, needed cat supplies badly. now, i don't care if someone is bone thin, nor do i care or pass judgement on an over weight person, whatever, we're all human. BUT, the woman ahead of me was unbelievably overweight and STUNK in way that i can't describe. She didn't buy 2 bags of chips, not 5, not 10, not even 20 bags of chips. she bought 37 bags of fu&%ing potato chips. really lady ? f%$k me .. that's the craziest thing i ever saw. she's putting them on the belt, and on the belt, and on .. and on .. and i'm counting the whole time because .. why the heck not ? i look back behind me at this random guy and his EYES ARE LIKE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAH !!!!!!!!!!! and i couldn't stop laughing. i'm horrible and going to hell.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I have a problem every single time I go into a Walmart. And the company I work for, I have to go into a Walmart almost every day. Ugh. I left a Walmart 2 weeks ago, and literally felt like I was going to puke. I was dry heaving in my car.
    Pray tell... why?

Because 1) I have genuine disgust for Walmart as a company 2) With what I do for a living, I am in at least 1 Walmart a day and there's this particular Walmart I service that I ALWAYS have a problem with... check this story out....

At Walmart, vendors have to sign in and put a badge on saying "vendor." Ok fine. I go to sign in like I do every time. There were no badges available (and there never is.) I went to the back to find a cart to put my stuff on. I had been to this Walmart about 5 times over 3 weeks and there never once was a cart for any employees to use and vendors are NOT allowed to use grocery carts. This woman stops me and says "Who are you with????" I tell her my company, we'll just call it Smith. "Did you sign in????" she asks. "Yes." I reply. "Well where's your badge at?????" I tell her there are none and she rolls her eyes at me and walks away. I hear her talking to the receiver, and I don't hear what she says in the beginning but I hear her say "Ohh and then we got Smith walking around the backroom with no vendor badge on!" Ok lady.. for real, your backroom is a logistical shrink nightmare and for 3 weeks now you have no carts for employees to use, and you're worried about a freakin' vendor badge?!

Story #2-same Walmart

This was my first time servicing this Walmart so I find an employee and say "Hi, I'm a rep for Smith. Can you show me where your freezer is?" She takes me to the frozen food section. I said "No, your freezer, for backstock." She starts taking me to the back and halfway there she says "Oh you aren't wearing a vendor badge, you need to sign in at customer service." Ok fine. So 20 minutes later, I get signed in. I go to find her again, but she is nowhere to be found. I stop another employee and say "I'm one of your reps for Smith, can you show me where your freezer is?" She takes me to the frozen food section. By this point, I am about to boil over. I said "No, your freezer, for backstock." She looks at me in disbelief and says "Oh, well that would be in the back." Now by this point, I am ready to blow a freakin' gasket and I just explode at her. I say "I'M AWARE OF THAT! I need you to take me there because I don't know where it is!" What.The.Hell.

But my near-puking experience at Walmart...
    The Walmart by my house... there's a lot of white trash that shops there. Now I realize the irony of that statement... but this particular night I went, it was worse than ever. The entire store was just a complete messy disaster and all the customers that night were just completely of the worst kind. I walked in and walked out. I was completely disgusted with myself. I got to my car and got the heaves.

Oh and just for giggles, I have one more Walmart story.
    I purchased my glasses at Walmart and the only reason I did is because they were able to give me a $130 price difference over Meijer, and I couldn't pass that up. Anyway, I was servicing a different Walmart and stopped in the vision center on my way out because I needed to get an adjustment. I had my glasses to the optician and she does whatever you do for an adjustment. She brings them back and I put them on and they seemed dirty. She said something about "swirling" but I didn't really understand what she meant. I put them on and walked away but they still seemed dirty so I wiped them several times and they wouldn't come clean. I now realized what she meant by "swirling." Whatever she did, left a cobweb-like imprint on my glasses making me not be able to see out of them. I rushed back into the vision center and told her I noticed it now. I had the glasses to a different lady who asks me "Well was it there before?" No it wasn't, I would have noticed that. She gets on the phone and starts placing an order. I said "You have to order a new lens?" Yes, she says because it was now ruined. I say "How long is it going to take? I drive for a living." A week or so she says. Lady, I drive 500+ miles a week. I can't wait "a week or so" to get a new lens in. After I griped at her, she put a rush on the order so it came in 2 days. But still....
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why anybody who complains about the Walmart shopping experience continues to shop there. (Not counting Savant76 who obviously has no choice due to her job, of course.)

I refuse to shop at WalMart due to their various disgusting business practices and have been WalMart-free for 7 years. It's the best shopping decision I've ever made. I now shop at stores where people are pleasant, clerks hustle and are polite, and I actually spend less and get better quality products.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I buy my underpanties at Walmart.
  • stepherzzzzz
    stepherzzzzz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I work at Walmart ;) They simply don't hire or schedule enough cashiers.
    Although it might not be as many as some folks would prefer, I'm sure that a company of that size would have a handle on the proper cashier-to-customer ratio during different times of the day, while controlling costs/prices.

The schedules are done by a computer now and they're done according to how busy the store was on that day the previous year. If the managers know it's going to be busy they'll try to get a few people who are off that day to come in, but not everyone says yes.
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    I have a problem every single time I go into a Walmart. And the company I work for, I have to go into a Walmart almost every day. Ugh. I left a Walmart 2 weeks ago, and literally felt like I was going to puke. I was dry heaving in my car.
    Pray tell... why?

Because 1) I have genuine disgust for Walmart as a company 2) With what I do for a living, I am in at least 1 Walmart a day and there's this particular Walmart I service that I ALWAYS have a problem with... check this story out....

At Walmart, vendors have to sign in and put a badge on saying "vendor." Ok fine. I go to sign in like I do every time. There were no badges available (and there never is.) I went to the back to find a cart to put my stuff on. I had been to this Walmart about 5 times over 3 weeks and there never once was a cart for any employees to use and vendors are NOT allowed to use grocery carts. This woman stops me and says "Who are you with????" I tell her my company, we'll just call it Smith. "Did you sign in????" she asks. "Yes." I reply. "Well where's your badge at?????" I tell her there are none and she rolls her eyes at me and walks away. I hear her talking to the receiver, and I don't hear what she says in the beginning but I hear her say "Ohh and then we got Smith walking around the backroom with no vendor badge on!" Ok lady.. for real, your backroom is a logistical shrink nightmare and for 3 weeks now you have no carts for employees to use, and you're worried about a freakin' vendor badge?!

Story #2-same Walmart

This was my first time servicing this Walmart so I find an employee and say "Hi, I'm a rep for Smith. Can you show me where your freezer is?" She takes me to the frozen food section. I said "No, your freezer, for backstock." She starts taking me to the back and halfway there she says "Oh you aren't wearing a vendor badge, you need to sign in at customer service." Ok fine. So 20 minutes later, I get signed in. I go to find her again, but she is nowhere to be found. I stop another employee and say "I'm one of your reps for Smith, can you show me where your freezer is?" She takes me to the frozen food section. By this point, I am about to boil over. I said "No, your freezer, for backstock." She looks at me in disbelief and says "Oh, well that would be in the back." Now by this point, I am ready to blow a freakin' gasket and I just explode at her. I say "I'M AWARE OF THAT! I need you to take me there because I don't know where it is!" What.The.Hell.

But my near-puking experience at Walmart...
    The Walmart by my house... there's a lot of white trash that shops there. Now I realize the irony of that statement... but this particular night I went, it was worse than ever. The entire store was just a complete messy disaster and all the customers that night were just completely of the worst kind. I walked in and walked out. I was completely disgusted with myself. I got to my car and got the heaves.

Oh and just for giggles, I have one more Walmart story.
    I purchased my glasses at Walmart and the only reason I did is because they were able to give me a $130 price difference over Meijer, and I couldn't pass that up. Anyway, I was servicing a different Walmart and stopped in the vision center on my way out because I needed to get an adjustment. I had my glasses to the optician and she does whatever you do for an adjustment. She brings them back and I put them on and they seemed dirty. She said something about "swirling" but I didn't really understand what she meant. I put them on and walked away but they still seemed dirty so I wiped them several times and they wouldn't come clean. I now realized what she meant by "swirling." Whatever she did, left a cobweb-like imprint on my glasses making me not be able to see out of them. I rushed back into the vision center and told her I noticed it now. I had the glasses to a different lady who asks me "Well was it there before?" No it wasn't, I would have noticed that. She gets on the phone and starts placing an order. I said "You have to order a new lens?" Yes, she says because it was now ruined. I say "How long is it going to take? I drive for a living." A week or so she says. Lady, I drive 500+ miles a week. I can't wait "a week or so" to get a new lens in. After I griped at her, she put a rush on the order so it came in 2 days. But still....

Your stories are just crazy.
    The customers are just as rude as the empoyees. Lol.
  • kurenaikumo
    kurenaikumo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Personally, I love the place. It's the single greatest achievement in people watching the world's ever known!!! (www.peopleofwalmart.com)

That and the cheap prices make me happy...
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    I have about 4 Walmarts in my area (Columbus GA). I must say there okay, the shopping experience is good as well. From the 80 year old man greeting you, to the 16 year old cashier. I didnt like certain people at one of the Walmarts so I avoid that one (it wasnt a super center anyway).
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I've got a pretty good local Wal-Mart. However, I tend to avoid them for groceries since I've got a great Ingle's nearby that buys local produce, milk, and eggs. Their meat counter is awesome, the head butcher is a local hunter that really knows how to dress work with meat.

JM